Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$ (Page 7)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she's in the Jedi temple when Anakin goes postal, it was either cut or never filmed. It's in the novelization, I've been told. He goes to her in her quarters, while she's meditating. Asshole.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that one of the female jedi's scenes were cut because the actress posed nude. That could be her.

I finally got to see the movie on Saturday, and I swear my mouth was hanging open for the first 15 minutes and the last half hour. Wow. I especially liked when Vader's mask was sealed, and all the music and other sounds dropped out completely, and the only sound you heard was his first breath through the mask. Perfect. Chills went up my spine at that scene.

Nice that C3PO's memory was wiped, but Artoo's wasn't. Looking back at ESB, to me it puts a whole new spin on Artoo's nervousness in Cloud City.

B.J.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw it last night. I like! My biggest gripe is the first twenty minutes or so, that big battle needed a major rewrite. The dialog was crap, and the battledroids should never be allowed to say anything. The R2 antics were a bit excessive, but the pretty girl I want to take to see it next week LOVES R2, so that's totally forgivable. I say great movie, on par with Return of the Jedi, easily.
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A girl who loves R2 would love the fine, robust flavour of a knuckle sammich if I were the chef.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh huh. You would be kissing her in the alley behind the malt shop, is what you would be doing.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw Ep 3 on Friday with my brother. Definitely need to see it again to put the pieces together.

Regarding the arguement about whether or not Sidious created Anakin, that was the first thought that popped into my head as Palpatine was monologing. It definitely seemed as though he was talking about himself and his master.

The movie needed less lizard horses and more development of things like, Qui-Gon making contact with Yoda, Obi-Wan discovering Anakin's treachery (watching 10 seconds of video footage, then saying, "Yep, Anakin's evil now" didn't cut it for me), Dooku's relationship with Palpatine, MASTER SIFO DIAS, hello?!, etc.

I'm not sure I really understand why Palpatine's Force lightning melted his face. Or rather, why he would let it. I don't believe for a second that he was putting forth his best effort against Windu, because he wanted Anakin to step in. My theory is that he has always looked deformed, and that he was concealing his true appearance by means of the Force. When he faught Windu, he finally let it go.

The inclusion of the Wookies was rather pointless, but didn't bother me. Yoda had to go somewhere afterall. May as well be somewhere we've always wanted to see.

Anakin losing because he tried to jump over Kenobi didn't work for me, but Kenobi's emotion after he shortened Anakin's inseam was really good.

There was a discussion some pages back about the supposed darkness of the first three movies and how they weren't really all that dark. I think they are dark, but only if you've seen the original trilogy first and know what's going to happen. Knowing that none of the hope at the end of Eps 1 and 2 is real makes them somewhat dark.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Sideous is supposed to look that way as well- the human appearance is just his super-darkside-powers working.

I dont think he's human (just as Darh Maul was not- why should he be?)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. Just because he was the senator for Naboo doesn't mean he was actually born there. He could've just chosen that planet to start plotting on and blended in with the citizenry long enough to establish himself.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt a represenative really needs to originate from the planet they speak for- they probably only need to be a resident and get elected from there.

I cant imagine a place like Naboo spawning Palpaltine. Besides, if Palpy were a native, you'd think he'd have given the locations of the Gungan cities to the Trade Federation (they had to hunt for them as I recall).

Mabye he just forsaw Jar-Jar's usefulness or something.

I did think it a bit odd that Palpaltine's "true form" resembled old Dracula with his hair up (from that insepid Bram Stoker's Dracula)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I wonder what the original conception for the Emperor was back when he first made an appearance in ESB. He seemed very alien with the weird eyes. Even in RotJ, his face seemed to be deliberately non-human. Of course, all of this was before it was decided that he was from Naboo, so they had to come up with some way to make him look like he does in the OT.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought he was human, even in 1980. He was just old and twisted from use of the Dark Side.

B.J.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Starwars.com has him as human male from Naboo. Occam's razor and all that.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd go for that too. The Dark-side possibly just makes you all evil looking and stuff if you over-use it. Anakin got red eyes after all, and he was only evil for about 12 hours.

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
In that visual encyclopaedia thing - Shaak Ti's picture is there - but surely she's not in the movie - having been vanquished just moments before the movie begins?

She wasn't vanquished. She was just left hanging in the air with some electrical cables. After Yoda cut her down she probably went to meditate and have a bit of a cry. Pity, as she put up a good fight against Grevous' guards.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Grievous' guards and Grievous himself both seem like wusses compared to what they were in the cartoons. 4 or 5 Jedi masters get stomped at once in the cartoon, but then Obi-Wan is able to take him on? I know he was injured and all... but still.

I've long assumed that Palpy's appearance was due to Dark Side wear and tear. I just wish something like that would've been elaborated on in Ep3. "Lightning melted my face" doesn't really work as well for me.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Obi Juan
Who's your master?
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for Obi Juan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by B.J.:

Nice that C3PO's memory was wiped, but Artoo's wasn't. Looking back at ESB, to me it puts a whole new spin on Artoo's nervousness in Cloud City.

Do you think that R2 was trying to tell Luke that Vader was his father the whole time?

Luke: If you're trying to tell me that coming here was a bad idea, I'm beginning to believe you.

R2D2: No, I'm trying to tell you that the guy in the black suit is your daddy.

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:

My theory is that he has always looked deformed, and that he was concealing his true appearance by means of the Force. When he fought Windu, he finally let it go.

That's what I always thought too. Doesn't it look like what you can see of Sideous' face beneath the hood is messed up in Episodes I and II? Palpatine definitely uses the Emperor voice whenever he is talking to someone as Sideous in the earlier movies.

Speaking of the Emperor voice, I was really starting to hate it during the Sideous/Yoda fight scene. McDiarmid managed to pull off a great performance during the first part of the movie despite George's weak directing, and the cheesy Emperor posturing/voice seemed to really weaken one of the movie's saving graces.

Ewan McGregor's performance was rotten. I don't know what you all were smoking before you saw this movie, but I wish I had some.

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps