Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Star Wars » $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$ (Page 11)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: $$REVENGE OF THE SITH$$
HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus, it was other force sensitives/Jedi that were dying. There may have been a "louder" disturbance in the force.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which was exactly my point... The purge of the Jedi and latter deaths of the Force fatcats was what brought balance and served up a clean slate.

The destruction of Alderaan was merely a plot point to establish the threat and resolve of the Empire, I'm positive Lucas or his colleagues payed it no mind when thinking of how to give shape to the Prophecy for "Phantom Menace".

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I've come back around to R2's memories again. This time, though, I was wondering about Yoda - had the two ever met before ESB? R2 was in Anakin's service for a long time. But I think I can satisfy myself with the answer that R2 kept himself in the maintenance or hangar bays, while Yoda was mostly in the Council chambers. It's possible they saw each other in the halls, but that doesn't mean they ever really met.

B.J.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yah... I don't think we ever saw droids in the Temple, except Obi Wan's trip to the lab and his use of the analysis droids in ep 2. What's the time line on R2's ownership. He was just assigned to the Queen's ship in Ep 1, was in service to Padme as a senator in Ep 2, but was Anakin's astromech aboard his fighter in Ep 3. One could assume that he started being used by Anakin sometime after their marriage.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did anyone NOT get that they were married, or at least in a relationship? Oh, gee, the senator's pregnant and there's no obvious father, I wonder what male she spends a lot of time with...

Speaking of the droids, though, I remember the question of their ownership coming up while I was reading some of the EU books. Seems like whoever wants them, takes them, with no thought to the fact that it's apparently Luke that's the actual owner at that point.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he's considered community property amongst the inner circle. There also seems to be the tendancy to treat (especially) R2 as though he's alive, so maybe they don't really consider anyone as owning him/it at that point.

In the post RotJ stuff, does 3PO end up with Leia?

Regarding Padme's condition and her relationship with Anakin, do we have any reason to believe that Obi Wan or the other members of the council spend all that much time with her? She's a member of the Senate, sure, but how do they know she's not having an affair with someone, or, heck, even that she's not gotten married to someone thats not Anakin? I work with a bunch of people, but if one of them got pregnant, I wouldn't automatically assume that it was by someone I know.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. 3P0 becomes a nursemaid, of sorts.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as he doesn't become a wetnurse. [Smile] "Curse my metal nipples!" [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

They weren't plump enough.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You betta be looking at my restraining bolt."
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Outstanding.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally saw it. Problem with living in your wife's home town, you're dependent on her relatives for babysitting duties and she doesn't want to be dependent on them for anything but the most vital occasions, and it seems Star Wars films don't count. . .

Why did Padme look so haggard in this film? Is this meant to imply her condition? Or remind us of the fact she's about ten to fifteen years older than her husband? In my experience pregnant women bloom. OK, granted I've only been around one pregnant woman for any period of time, but. . . And what time frame are we talking about here?! Throughout most of the film she's skinny as a rake, when she arrives on planet Mordor she's maybe got a slight belly (and a fetching maternity top that's almost identical to one Kate had), and next thing you know she's giving birth to two full-term twins!

I'm still in two minds about whether Dooku/Tyrannus knows Palpatine is Sidious. The key moments are: Dooku telling Kenobi that Sidious is controlling the Senate in EpII, and Dooku's reaction on hearing Palpatine telling Anakin to execute him. These scens take on whole different meanings depending on ho clued-in Dooku is.

Do the Jedfi ever know Dooku is a Sith Lord? Or is he just Count Dooku, ex-Jedi, Separatist leader, to them?

Sidous, Sifo Dyas. . . Hmm.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They know he's gone all Dark Side, Yoda said he sensed it in him. But that doesn't necessarily make him a Sith.

Speaking of the Yoda/Dooku interaction, why exactly does Yoda bother holding the huge pipe from falling on Obi-wan and Anakin? Wouldn't it be faster to just slide them out of the way?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, for that matter, if he can hold it up, couldn't he even more easily deflect it?
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sidous, Sifo Dyas. . . Hmm.

Sidous = Sifo - fo + dyas - ya + ou

I don't think you can be more specific.

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps