Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Todays's news goodies (Page 17)

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Todays's news goodies
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I honestly don't understand why some people get so riled up about that thing. It's called "art" for a reason. Just because the artist decided to use chocolate as a medium instead of say clay. And the whole nude thing? C'mon, he was most likely nude on the cross in actuality. I highly doubt the Roman legionnaires would strip him of everything but his loincloth so not to offend anyones sensibilities.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Malnurtured Snay:
British invent Klingon Cloaking Device.

That's kind of a clunky way to do it, isn't it? What about using these metamaterials I hear so much about? There was a new one recently, drawn in semiconductor layers, each layer smaller than the wavelength of the light it was bending; the light waves then encountered multiple layers at once, and "slid" sideways without bending - therefore, no refraction, just perfect transparency. Think it worked in IR and visible light, but I'm not sure...Can't find a link, but these metamaterials will also be a boon to optics and telecom, because with a negative index of refraction you don't need to grind a lens to bend light.
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Study: Canadian Beer Drinkers Threaten Planet
[Big Grin]

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh. And Canadians seemed so environmentally conscious... [Wink]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The problem is that the beer fridges are mostly decades-old machines that began their second careers as beverage dispensers when Canadians upgraded to more energy-efficient models to store whatever Canadians eat besides doughnuts and poutine."

I realize it's Fox News, but couldn't they, occasionally, just pretend to be actual journalists?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No that would require to much dignity on their part.
Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, our beer fridges are just as environmentally friendly as your god damn SUV's.

Besides, we don't have to spend a hundred dollars worth of gas into them every week. Just a hundred dollars of beer.

And it's winter, most of us are keeping our beer outside in a snowbank [Razz]

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move Zig! For Great Justice!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly, more people are likely to get the game reference than the Dady of Infamy one.

Speaking of News, I was riding the bus Friday to a doctor's appointment, when we came to a bad traffic accident- some ass had drived right into a bus-stop full of people.
People that would have been on my bus.

Scary.

The strange part is this: I can find NO NEWS COVERAGE about it at all.
Nothng in the papers, TV or net.

Makes me wonder how much serious stuff never gets reported.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had he used an AK instead of a car it would be picked apart by the media. What the driver/shooter had for breakfast for the past week to see if that induced him to go a huntin'.......

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Well remember when I talking about the apartment building next to mine burning down, that didn't get any coverage either.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

You're making the mistake of thinking the media gives a rat's ass about what's "serious." And it's not just about getting "the scoop" either, or ratings...they've got agendas, too. They're owned by corporations who want to sell things...and people buy things they think will help protect them from whatever they're currently afraid of, which is whatever the media is currently going on about. If they don't report any bus accidents but report five shootings in one year, and spend the rest of the time talking about past shootings, everyone is terrified because they think there are shootings going on all the time. *sigh* Economics is awesome.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Not as cool as sociology. All life is struggle for the control of the means of production. Conflict Theory FTW!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FTW?
  This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps