Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've seen plenty of characters who were in Starfleet to further their non-Starfleet careers. Uh, haven't we? (It's been strongly implied in lots of cases anyway; all those scientist types. I think it is explicit in that Voyager attempt at "Lower Decks," with the guy who joined up to further his astrophysics career only to get stuck with a much longer billet than he had intended.)
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw "I just joined to pay for dental school" on BSG and thought fondly of this thread.
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double. The editing window, she has closed.

I found this on Google Images while looking for something else. I dunno what it is - the page Google said contained it, er, didn't. So I don't know if it's a fan thing or promo material or what, but the supposedly-containing page *was* at Trekmovie.com, so I'd guess fan made. The nacelles don't look...QUITE...as bad here.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that's the Koernerprise from a while back.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, that's her. I never noticed the multiple support brackets going to the deflector dish before. THey make the dish look so fagile. Beautiful view though.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

It really reminds me of a prettier version of that monstrous movie-extrapolation.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://trekmovie.com/2008/05/27/spoilers-details-on-star-trek-movie-ships/
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Koernerprise looks beautiful, I love the nacelle pylons. I've never liked the 1701 refit's pylons, the way they taper outwards, like bell-bottom pants. Makes them look like they'd break off in a sharp turn.

EDIT: A rom(ul)an commander called Nero? How friggin original. What was wrong with one of the "consonant-apostrophe" names? Blech.
Well, I gotta say, just the thought of getting to see genuine bridge scenes again, after all this time, so looking forward to it. The atmosphere and all that.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Some more details about the movie, including a description of a new Starfleet Vessel.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing that the 25 year old ship with a saucer and nacelles above and below the saucer is the U.S.S. Kelvin.

I also hope they show the tons of ships that the cadets get assigned to. At least there'll be a lot of name-dropping.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible they (Paramount) got the rights to one of Fasa's (or Star Fleet Battles) over and under nacelle ships? probably nothing like the Saladin but maybe like the Larson? what about the one ship from the calaendar (and Vanguard ser, the one with the engeinering hull IN the saucer?ies)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm sure it'll be a completely original design.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm pretty sure that this re-boot will screw with current continuity in some way. Perhaps this will start another official Trek continuity. Kind of like the Transformers franchise did with the 2007 film. THat takes place in a whole different continuity than the 80's cartoon, but features many of the same characters.

Just think, "Enterprise" probably would have been better in a re-boot universe. Who knows...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully not anything like a saladin.
Lazy-ass design at it's worst.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Or the Akula Class

-

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps