Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 12)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nero's tattoos look like something you'd see on a Sith Lord from Star Wars. Though it may indicate he's not necessarily an operative of the Romulan government. Maybe he's some kind of rebel.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he could be a hired operative, to protect the Romulans' annonimity just in case whatever they are trying to do fails. ( which, I give a 99% chance of happening, as our heros will undoubtedly save the day). Then again, having the Romulans go back and screw with time may be Abrahm's way of retconning Star Trek, allowing for some inconsistancies in the timeline. Kind of like how anything after 2064 may or may not have been altered after First Contact, and possibly changing everything after that point in history. *Cough Enterprise Cough*

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explain... as in ENT never occuring? or justifying it?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people said the Borg wreckage found in the Arctic changed the timeline somehow so that the inconsistencies in ENT are actually *not* inconsistencies, and that everything went back the 'right' way after the Temporal Cold War was resolved.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those people are dumb. ENT seriously had potential to be soo much more but just didn't make the cut at all.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pensive: yeah, justifying the inconsistancies.

I won't mind this movie as long as it doesn't change too radically. I mean, I won't care if I see a slightly different phaser design, or if a console on the bridge looks a bit different, because, afterall this is trek as invisioned and created by someone who has never done trek before. I just don't want them to screw with established canon too much.

Anyways, it's the discussions over minor inconsistancies and discrepencies between events and technology that contributes to Flare being such a fun place.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here I thought it was the rampant drug abuse.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this Nero. The tattoos look like they echo the shapes of the TOS Romulan helmets, with a little TNG/Nemesis thing going on around the bridge of the nose.

The tattoo may be a personal thing. By the looks of him (scarred and unshaven), he isn't necessarily on official military business. He's probably slightly crazy in the head.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Maybe the Romulans and the Federation are all buddy-buddy post-Shinzon and this guy is all "Nu-uh we're superior species remember" so he goes rogue to change the past.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well apparently he abides to some rule from the Empire, Bana mentions that he has relatively few scenes in the movie so it's really all up in the air. I wonder how they're going to insert the Orion slave girl...

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its simple. She's the one Nero is working for. [Wink]
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, she's really the brains behind the operation. Nero's only a figurehead. [Smile]
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Nero not necessarily a Romulan?

http://trekmovie.com/2008/07/23/kurtzman-answer-question-what-is-up-with-neros-ear/

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, he is a Romulan, and they've digitally altered his ear so as not to give that away on the poster (which sould piss people off when the film came out and his pointy lughole was seen to be intact); or he is Romulan but had his ear chewed by his over-affectionate childhood pet Targ. Or whatever. But where it gets really tricky is, suppose it's his right ear that was actually damaged, and they've reversed the image so as not to reveal he's a Romulan on the poster? Bit of a coincidence that his one damaged ear (assuming they're not both damaged) is the one that's visible on the poster (unless they chose to put him on a left-hand quadrant of the poster so his undamaged Romulan ear was hidden). . .

Oh, God. Thinking about all this has made me lose the will to live! I don't fucking know, we'll find out when we get to see the first proper image of him!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's the captain's clone sent back in time to suck out his blood.

No wait, wrong movie..

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps