Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » new hand phaser for nemesis? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: new hand phaser for nemesis?
iam2xtreme
Member # 836

- posted      Profile for iam2xtreme         Edit/Delete Post 
i havent heard anything about this but i was looking on the art asylum website(they make the official figures) and forun these pics-

http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000019

what do you think? new or just crap accessorie?

--------------------
"Marge, trying is the first step towards failure!!" Homer

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
um.. looks exactly like the First Contact phaser with the tip painted silver instead of black.. is that supposed to be a big deal?
Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nevermind this post that I've just deleted before any of you read it, Mike's right... I didn't look closely.

[ July 03, 2002, 07:47: Message edited by: Ryan McReynolds ]

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

capt ussintrepid
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for capt ussintrepid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Urm actually it has changed. They've basically takent he Endgame phaser and given it a new paintjob.

--------------------
"Time is short. And so is my temper."

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
no. it looks exactly like the regular phaser, but with a silver tip.

regular phaser:
 -

action figure phaser:
 -

same phaser, different colored tip. that first pic is off of Lee's great phaser website, btw.

[ July 26, 2002, 16:59: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
EdipisReks
Ex-Member

oh, and that is a fucking awesome action figure. i know where my allowance is going.
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one picture somewnere, but I can't find it now. But it's still the First Contact phaser, albeit - maybe - with the "Endgame" round buttons:

http://www.ds9promenade.com/store/voy_phaser_25_cen.thml

. . . and, of course, at least one of the variants of the FC rifle makes another reappearance.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
that first pic is off of Lee's great phaser website, btw.

Only with a different filename, and on a different server. 8)

Which is probably just as well, given the unreliability of Demon's server. I'm hopefully moving in the next coupla weeks, so I'll finally have more webspace to add some updates. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
quote:
Originally posted by EdipisReks:
that first pic is off of Lee's great phaser website, btw.

Only with a different filename, and on a different server. 8)

well yeah, i saved it to my system, resized it and used flare upload. didn't want to steal the site's bandwidth, and all that. [Smile]
capt ussintrepid
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for capt ussintrepid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you can't tell from a tiny little picture with an action figure.

It definately has changed

Try this image of the Endgame phaser from the Experience shop:
http://www.ds9promenade.com/store/media/Starfleet_25_phaser2.jpg

I didn't believe it at first, but the people at AA have seen the actual props, and they also say it's changed. Also, from the few images of the movie we've seen, you can just make out the changes in the phaser. As well as the added grip on the back of the butt, the head is rounded and curved, instead of the very angular one from the older version.

--------------------

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by capt ussintrepid:
No, you can't tell from a tiny little picture with an action figure.

It definately has changed

Try this image of the Endgame phaser from the Experience shop:
http://www.ds9promenade.com/store/media/Starfleet_25_phaser2.jpg

I didn't believe it at first, but the people at AA have seen the actual props, and they also say it's changed. Also, from the few images of the movie we've seen, you can just make out the changes in the phaser. As well as the added grip on the back of the butt, the head is rounded and curved, instead of the very angular one from the older version.

yawn. that pic was linked a couple posts above. it is still basically the first contact phaser.
capt ussintrepid
Member # 807

No it isn't. While the curved shape is very similar, the actual structure is different. It's much more streamlined. Curves versus straight angles.

--------------------

BWC
Ex-Member

The TNG phaser and the Voyager phaser is the same thing although it had a more relaxed grip.

I other words, you could duct tape a drink holder on a lawnmower and a 1/250 Nebula Class AWACS pod on one, and it's still a lawnmower.

Just because they made it more streamlined doen't mean it's a complete and totally new phaser.
Remember the refit of the Enterprise in TFF? Or TMP?

capt ussintrepid
Member # 807

It's a new model. It looks different. It's too physically different to be the same props slightly altered.

I'm not talking about the technology, I'm talking about the prop, from a propmakers point of view.

We'll see soon enough I guess.

--------------------

BWC
Ex-Member

(

DUH!!!

)
Yes, it's a new model, because you cant take sand paper and sand curves on a hand phaser and make it look good.

(Sorry if that was a bit harsh.)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps