Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » new hand phaser for nemesis? (Page 11)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: new hand phaser for nemesis?
Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My biggest problem with the type one is the fact that its so little I'd be scared to drop it, especially with the way they hold them in the show.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very true... it looks like, if you squeee too hard, it'll squirt out from between your thumb and index finger.

I started watching "Encounter at Far Point" today and got to see the little guy in action when Torres whipped it out (presumably from beneath the helm console) to try and get the drop on Q.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Torres?

Even worse, someone mistaking the Type One for one of those shavers.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, the Redshirt helmsman was named Torres. No idea if he had any relation to John...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in the middle of watching a rerun of "Repression," and Chakotay tells all of the other crewmembers to carry "hand phasers." Although some of the crew were carrying the Type-2's, like B'Elanna, there were other Maquis in subsequent scenes who apparently weren't carrying weapons at all. Though I haven't spotted any of the crickets, the mention is clue enough that they haven't been forgotten.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hasn't this thread died yet? I go away for a week, it continues. . . The Type-I is actually pretty nice to hold; I have a toy one on a keyring which my brother bought me (I'm trying to persuade him to get me the Phase Pistol for my birthday!). Trying to get a capture using my webcam. . . nope. Fucking thing.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

I find a little irony in the fact that you brought this thread back to the top of the stack in order to complain that it hadn't died yet. [Razz]

I had a small keyring of the Type-2 phaser a while ago -- it was misplaced, so I don't have it now. It wasn't a full-size model or anything, but I remember noticing that it must have been rather difficult to hold and aim with the relatively horizontal grip. (I'd hate to imagine how the actors dealt with the first season dustbuster props!)

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it Andromeda that features Kevin Sorbo routinely shooting at the bad guys with a hollow cardboard tube? That seems rough on the wrists.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surely that was Blake's Seven?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Liam's humour remains rooted firmly in the Smallest Room. . . but he's almost correct. They were modified toilet brushes. 8)

And I was able to get my webcam working, incredibly. Just by unplugging and reconnecting it. Typical, yet I suspect it's just a short-term fix. Sony: nice webcams, crap software.

-

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was actually being serious. Honest.

You have lovely fingernails Lee, BTW.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are you sure it's not his wife's hand? Oh, wait. No feathers.
David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another problem with the Type-1: it's so damn small that it's hard to draw from its little pocket space and hold, especially for big people with big hands. Worf couldn't even draw his Type-1 in "The Dauphin".

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Worf never claimed to be much of an artist though.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ahem...

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

*vapourises Liam*

--------------------

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps