Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » new hand phaser for nemesis? (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: new hand phaser for nemesis?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They were willing to drag out the type I when the script called for someone to carry a concealed weapon, though. "In The Flesh," for example, and...well, "In The Flesh." So it's not like they burned all the props, and then took the designers, model-makers, thinkers of all stripes out into the wooded backlot of that distant Paramount complex and had them burned too.

Right.

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
maybe you guys are right i need to do some real homework but in the meantime...  -

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only other modern Trek episode where I remember them using the Type-1 is "Encounter at Farpoint," where that Redshirt helmsman tried to attack Q, and got frozen. He was holding a Type-1.

And koy-plowed-under (or whatever), what I'm suggesting is that you GROW UP. I'm usually pretty forgiving, but this discussion is not supposed to be a competition. There are no brownie points or cash awards for any imaginary winner of a debate. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Trimm
Member # 865

- posted      Profile for Trimm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Type 1 saw quite abit of use during the first season actually, "The Last Outpost" and "Angel One" being two examples I can think of offhand.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, modern?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Presumably he means modern, as opposed to TOS. Since there was an eighteen year gap separating them...
koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

- posted      Profile for koy'peled Oy'tio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
so the type one is not in use now or what? Pre or post Nemesis

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if you dont know we arent going to tell you.

NYAH NYAH NYAH

*just trying to keep the maturity level even*

lock this thread, please. it annoys me.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sol: Sorry, I thought that term was more commonly known. When I say "Modern Trek," I refer to TNG, DS9, and Voyager. I suppose some might rope ENT into this category, since despite B&B's claims, it still has more in common with recent series than with TOS. But since ENT has nothing to do with this discussion, who cares? [Wink]

Koy-plod-along, you might want to seriously consider getting some of the important reference books that we use before you try to look smarter than the rest of us.

And just to prove how useful it can be, I'm going to take pity on you and answer your question. Although the Type-1 hand phaser has not been seen since early TNG, the DS9 Tech Manual mentions that the design is still in use "as a backup weapon to supplement the Type-2 holstered phaser." (Section 10.4, Page 87.) To speculated, I would say that soldiers keep one in their pocket (or wherever) when in combat in case their power cell on their regular phaser runs out, or if they lose it somehow.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

capt ussintrepid
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for capt ussintrepid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I think the last time we saw the cricket used on TNG was The Game. Wesley set one on automatic to fire at a forcefield.

Most recent use, AFAIK, was In The Flesh, as someone has already mentioned.

--------------------
"Time is short. And so is my temper."

koy'peled Oy'tio
Member # 796

quote:
Originally posted by Captain... Mike:
NYAH NYAH NYAH
*just trying to keep the maturity level even*

Um...that means what exactly? Besides your not doing a very good job considering it's way over your head.

--------------------
"Explore New Worlds"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's "you're" novel about, anyway?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's before "The Game", but Geordi also used a type-I when he attempted to kill that Klingon bloke in "The Mind's Eye".

I don't think they ever updated the design though.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friendly word from your new moderator. Kittens.

Now some other words from your new moderator. No, I'm not locking this thread yet: the signal-to-noise ratio seems to be a bit above 5:1 so far, which is actually pretty good. But pretty please, if you must make noise, just move it to the Flameboard. Plenty of room there.

In any case, Flare in the past few months has built a track record of sending almost all the newbies packing in no time flat. It's not something I feel proud about, folks. Don't believe in the stories that inbreeding isn't so harmful after all. You'll see when it turns us all into ugly retards who can't even spell "koy'peled Oy'tio" and other common words.

Have a nice day. And kittens.
[Cool]
Timo Saloniemi

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

I don't think the type I really needs redesigning. It looks much sleeker than its original counterpart. Though that may be a side-effect of never being able to really see it clearly. Anyway.
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps