Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to The Flameboard.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » post your desktop! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: post your desktop!
Edipissed Wrecks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
the islays are good, but in my opinion, the brimstone is a little "bloomier" with the highland park, and there is a bit of licouice, which i like. maybe i'm just weird. when i drink islays, i generally drink Glenfarclas. it's easy to get in my area.

PsyLiam,it was like 2am eastern standard when i wrote that post, and it's summer, so i ain't at school or at an internet cafe. and who said she was at my place? alexander graham bell had this most amazing machine, perhaps you have read about it in the daily telegraph report, or seen it at the nickelodean. besides, this girl likes trek. but she has never seen any of the star wars movies. go figure.

IP: Logged
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, very convenient.

there were christians on thayer street, clapping and chanting at all the drug dealers. i thought they were going to get the shit kicked out of them.

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would have thought so... [Razz]

Anyway, I almost forgot to post my desktop.

Note that I didn't make any last minute changes or cosmetic surgery. Also, I prefer my Windows Media Player to WinAmp any time.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I loooooooove myself, so it is understandable for me to use my own image on my desktop....

Here it goes, be warned though, if you can't stand the sight of a top-naked male, don't check out this pic.

If you did check out the pic, please give me some helpful input about my physique

http://www.hostriot.com/072002/thomas3.jpg

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Backne, oh so peske...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Desktops: Personal computer | Server

Notes...
- Yes, I always use a black windows theme. Yes, that makes me odd.
- Cosmetic alteration for homecomputer: I turned AIM on....Lord help me, I actually turned AIM on.
- Cosmetic alteration for server: I hovered the mouse cursor over the connection status for ADSL. :P
- the server's desktop is 640x480x16 and very basic, so I can VNC into it from work without trouble. *L*
- Windows 2000 Professional on both comps

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Blue Electron, you look just like my next door neighbor from that perspective.
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.....Is that a good thing?

--------------------
"George Washington said, 'I cannot tell a lie.'
Richard Nixon said, 'I cannot tell the truth.'
Bill Clinton said, 'I cannot tell the difference.'"

-- comedian TOM SMOTHERS, from his latest stage act with brother DICK SMOTHERS.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do you get AIM to dim like that?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he's a nice guy. Pleasant and all that, although I do wonder about his driving skills considering all of the dents in his car.
Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The359 - Grab a copy of AIM+ ... It makes AIM bearable by getting rid of the ads and fluff, letting you make the window transparent, etc.

*goes to look up the download URL*

....*discovers a spyware warning page* THEFUCK?!?

.......err. Maybe you'd better not. *L*

In case you really like that transparent AIM window, though...

AIM+ download page: here

Spyware warning & removal instructions: here

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Y'know, Cody, I thought it was bad that you were on my ICQ list five times. But now I see that you're on your own ICQ list no less than three times!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Desktop|Desktop with Start Menu

- This is the real thing. Not doctored or cleaned up in any way.
- Someone mentioned Lexa Doig. I never heard of hear. I googled for her. And that's the story behind that IE window.
- In Windows XP, I rarely use the Start Menu anymore. The top 8 most used programs are (apparently) PSP7, Notepad, HomeSite 5 (html-editor), CorelDRAW, ACDSee, PCTV Vision (to watch TV with my TV-card [Smile] ), GTA3 (addictive) and CuteFTP (uploading silly pictures like this).

Hey Cartman, how did you put all those active elements on your desktop? Where do you get them and how do you put them up?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Edipissed Wrecks:

PsyLiam,it was like 2am eastern standard when i wrote that post, and it's summer, so i ain't at school or at an internet cafe. and who said she was at my place? alexander graham bell had this most amazing machine, perhaps you have read about it in the daily telegraph report, or seen it at the nickelodean. besides, this girl likes trek. but she has never seen any of the star wars movies. go figure.

It's still a criminal waste of good Scotch to drink it by yourself, even if you are on the phone to some mentalist whose never seen a Star Wars film.

*looks at profile*

And if you are indeed 21, you seem to have discovered the secret of eternal youth. Conratulations!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harry: it's a combination of ActiveX, HTML, and a custom PHP script [Smile]

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps