Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I have a car (Page 7)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: I have a car
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt the vibrations through the very earth and carpet of my room.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, that Accord is the newer model than what I want.... I want the one that you'd see on the road right now with the tail lights that go pretty much across the back... the 98-2002 model sedan, to be exact [Wink]

And that install picture with the PS1 and the screen on the wheel? Yeah...... uhhh... not as extreme as it could be........ [Roll Eyes]

I'm in the process right now of finalizing my component list, then I'll start buying this for the next install.... so far, I know for sure I'm going to go with Alpine for my head unit, monitors, and changer. The deck I'm getting plays MP3s off of CD-Rs, along with WMA files, regular CDs, and DVDs.... that's important because I'm going to have 3 monitors in my car. One that's motorized in the dash up front, and one in the back of each headrest. For speakers, MB Quart Q series component sets, 6 1/2" plus tweeter for up front and in back. Also, MB Quart Q series 6"X9" in the rear deck. JL Audio 10W3 (or 10W6) subs fiberglassed into an enclosure in the back that will take up the least amout of trunk space, but still look cool. Plus I'm going to have a dvd changer in the trunk that also changes CDs, and at least 2, if necessary 3, Phoenix Gold Titanium series amps that will be integrated into my trunk floor and will have a plexiglass sheild over them. For fun, I will also have a PS2 built into a secret compartment in the back seat, so that my passengers are never bored....

It's a bit extreme, yes... but I fully intend to compete with this car, so extreme it must be. And besides, I won't cost me NEARLY as much as it sounds. Car purchase price + System, I'll still only be looking at 11-12K....

Oh... and for those of you that HATE hearing other people's stereos as they drive up the road, don't worry. The first thing I'm going to do when I get my car is gut it and insulate EVERYTHING.... the only way you'll hear anything when I'm done is if I have it cranked WAY up, and you're standing RIGHT by the car listening.... it's going to be beautiful [Smile]

Off to work I go now... Ta, ta!!!!!! [Razz]

~LIA

--------------------
"You are anal twattypoo who has ruined my good mood" PsyLiam to TSN May 01,2006.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"but I fully intend to compete with this car"

Like, in the World Car Stereo championships? Or rally?

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is exactly why I am not fond of people modifying stereo systems in cars. I personally would like to save my eardrums. And music sounds much much better when the car's frame isn't vibrating in tune to the beat.

Since you want to put this car into competition, I'm taking a helluva guess that you're going to do some exterior "modifications" as well, am I right? Cause if it is...yeah, I'm going to have to bring some pain... [Wink]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget spoilers! Those are so cool and not at all wanker and stupid. http://www.accordracing.com/ might have some.

I tried to find some on http://uselesswankerriceboyupgradeshit.com/ but there wasn't anything but stuff for CRXs. And "Turbo" stickers.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they'd have more "Type-R" stickers then "Turbo" stickers. Or NOS stickers for the "The Fast And The Furious" fanboys.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that LOA is into this stuff?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, how I wish I had money and wasn't losing my license so I could get a Bronco and put a good stereo in it... [Frown]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped finding things about Liz odd a long time ago. [Smile]

As for "I'm a Believer", the Monkies (or however the frell it's spelled) version is vastly inferior. I have them both.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topher: how fast were you speeding anyway? Must have been insanely quick, as it's pretty tough to actually get your license revoked... [Razz]
Member # 239

Perhaps he's a repeat offender? Or maybe they're just silly over there. It is the maritimes, after all, eh, Bye?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going 155 kph in a 100 kph zone. It comes out to a $300 ticket and 5 points. Licenses in NB work on the point system, where whenever you get tickets you get points taken away. As I only had at best 4 points, my license goes bye-bye.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy shit dude.

You have no one but yourself to blame. And maybe your parents for not beating the shit out of you when you got your first ticket. When do you get it back?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how the hell did this thread hit 100 posts in 2 days? i want in!
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Why were you doing nearly 100mph in the first place?

--------------------

Member # 239

Running from the Acadians, I'd assume.
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps