Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greetings from Brighton (Page 6)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Greetings from Brighton
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh-oh, here we go. What happened?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the hostel I stayed at was a bit dodgey, and I was with too many people with too many opinions. But in general London was too crowded and touristy and EXPENSIVE. The Globe Theater was great, the British Museum was okay. There were a few things I didn't get to do because of the others, but I should've just gone off on my own, so that was my mistake. The money thing really turned me off, though, and the city wasn't impressive enough to justify the prices.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found it pleasent, although it was 3:00 am GMT, so it was a bit dark.... and my eyes a bit blurred... and my mind a bit reeling from alcohol in-take....

Kirchgoens to Liverpool on 10 pounds, and never sober once....

What a pathetic fool I was.....

And, no, I am not pathetic now...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be fair, you can't really see London in a day. And to be double plus fair, the best areas aren't the touristy bits anyway.

But yes, it is amazingly expensive. Apart from the tube. But that's hardly a "sight".

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I promised in the long-awaited email that we'd show her the non-chewable areas of London. . .

--------------------

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's this pasty shop in Covent Garden that does the best pasties outside Cornwall. Go there. Now.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Typographical hilarity ensues.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually...
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, seeing the non-touristy parts of London would be nice. I prefer that sort of thing, anyway. Tells you more about a place. To be fair, having gotten tired of L.A. I'm not too fond of smoggy, crowded cities or their tourist attractions. Though I do appreciate Brighton's prices so much more now.
MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheap this city certainly isn't. Its funny I've lived here so long I don't even notice it any more.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shik:
Typographical hilarity ensues.

You've never heard of Cornish pasties?

HERETIC, BURN!!!!!!!

[Razz] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this is what pasties means here: http://www.sonies.com/pasties.html
oh, BTW, dont open that link at school or anything.

[ January 21, 2003, 13:06: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

How about the weekend of Feb 8 then? I'll be finished with my first essay by then with no other approaching deadlines.
Lee
Member # 393

Kate's birthday that weekend, we're away. The weekend after is clear, I gather there's a big anti-war demo in London on the Saturday, we could all go to that! 8)

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm fun.

Why don't you turn up in Trek uniforms!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps