Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greetings from Brighton (Page 7)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Greetings from Brighton
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"London was too crowded and touristy and EXPENSIVE"

Worst. Understatement. Ever.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
this is what pasties means here: http://www.sonies.com/pasties.html
oh, BTW, dont open that link at school or anything.

I don't think I'll open it at home either, thanks... [Smile]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Hmmmm fun.

Why don't you turn up in Trek uniforms!?!

Because, er, we're not idiots, maybe?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I have a presentation due a few days after the weekend of the 15th and an essay the week after that, but I can spare a couple days if everyone else is free. I thought Magic said she doesn't have time after the 8th.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Organising is fun!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam, you're not helping.

--------------------
life creation in progress

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When has he ever? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can do 15th in the evening, but not in the day. I will be wandering around Balham in costume handing out promotional leaflets for my play.

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so maybe now we're getting somewhere. I can, Clare can, Diane might, now all we need to know about it Liam. Oh, Liamykins. . ? Now come on, don't be shy, if you can't tell us in some non-humourous way then do it in a funny way!

Here's a thought: we have several other Brits here now - AKBsomething, 1979 I think; Wraith; and Red Admiral. Do we know where they live? I realise they're nerds who never set foot outside the Starships forum, and consequently will be about as much fun as, um, something not fun at all, but it's a thought.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MaGiC
tutis per veneficus
Member # 59

- posted      Profile for MaGiC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean as opposed to me who has never stepped foot in the Starships Forum and is therefore a barrel of laughs?

--------------------
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO, What a Ride"

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here's a thought: we have several other Brits here now - AKBsomething, 1979 I think; Wraith; and Red Admiral. Do we know where they live? I realise they're nerds who never set foot outside the Starships forum, and consequently will be about as much fun as, um, something not fun at all, but it's a thought.
Actually, I occasionally venture into General Trek... [Razz]

Unfortuneately I am stuck in the middle of nowhere (Lincoln) courtesy of the RAF. I'm also 16 and have somewhat limited funds... Oh, and my parents think everyone on the internet is a paedophile. Apart from that, though... [Big Grin] . But if anyone wants to come to Lincoln...... [Cool]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Your mum is quite correct.

quote:
Originally posted by MaGiC:
You mean as opposed to me who has never stepped foot in the Starships Forum and is therefore a barrel of laughs?

I do both, so I am a barrel of non-laughs. I think.

I can do most weekends, but my sisters birthday is in February, so it would be better if I went home then.

Unfortunatly, I've forgotten when that birthday is, so I'll get back to you tomorrow.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Okay, there has been some slight cropping up of financial issues, which is FUN!

Anyway, is it still pencilled for the 15th? Really, the later the better, as I will be better money wise in March. But if it's the 15th, I'll give it a damn good go. Rargh.

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nonetheless, if you guys do meet, be sure that one of you arms yourself with a digital camera. I want pics!!!

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

Feb. 15 is actually pretty good for me right now and March is not, so let's keep it the 15th. We don't have to do anything expensive.

So, time and meeting place?

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps