Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Clinton Tribute (Page 7)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Clinton Tribute
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering she's statistically just barely ahead of a practically unknown compeditor...
http://www.rasmussenresearch.com/html/poll-1111.html

------------------
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."
- George Bernard Shaw

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is possibly another reason to all this. One that may be very offensive.

*offensivespeak*
Dole loses out to Clinton. SCSI probably voted for Dole in the last election (well, I don't really care who he voted for). SCSI hates Clinton. The only explanation why his desired candidate lost out was because he believes the Female Population was grossly misinformed as to whom they should vote for. Rather than voting for the "absolutely better" candidate in Dole, they chose the "absolutely worse" candidate in Clinton. This means only one thing:

Women are either too stupid or not intelligent enough to carry out their voting rights to vote for the BEST candidate.
*/offensivespeak*

------------------
"My Name is Elmer Fudd, Millionaire. I own a Mansion and a Yacht."
Psychiatrist: "Again."

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited August 17, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the female population WAS grossly misinformed upon who to vote for, but I don't think we can place that blame on women's inferiority. More likely, we can place that blame on:

1. Certain "Feminist" organizations which ignored the accusations of sexual misconduct, illicit affairs, and rape which were levied against Clinton, simply because he was a Democratic darling.

2. The "mainstream" media which didn't report those same accusations, and which told women that, as women, they should be voting for Clinton.

However, this is neither here nor there.

What is at issue here is a basic disagreement over the status of women. Are they inferior so that they do not 'deserve' to vote?

Hah. Women are superior to men, and I can tell you . Go out on a date, any time, any place. At the end of the date, ONE of you KNOWS whether there'll be any sex that night... and it ain't the man, baby.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rape?! i don't recall that one. And i'm just wondering, do most people hate Clinton just for his extramarital shenanigans? Cuz that's pretty sad. Many presidents have had affairs, if anything, Clinton was just a dumbass for being caught (not that I condone that sort of behaviour). I know people call him a knee-jerk liberal, but if I recall, NAFTA leaned toward the Conservative side, and we all know how Clinton loved NAFTA. I'm sure many people dislike his policies. But this sort of politician hatred is pretty strong and seems more along the personal lines than political.

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. Far too often today, people blur the lines between person & professional problems. I voted for Clinton in 1996. I'll probably vote for Gore in 2000. This only means that, as much as I dislike aspects of their politics, I disliked Dole's & GW's more.

This does not mean that I'm a "die-hard bleeding liberal;" I am registered to no party & I do not vote party lines. I've seen how the party machinery works having spent 6 years working on local campaigns. Had he not dropped out, I very much saw myself voting for John McCain. Yes, there were politics of his that I did not agree with, but given the rest of the choices, I thought he would have been best.

These are all political choices. When it comes down to personal tatses, I don't like Clinton the man. I think he's scum. I thinks he's a jackass....although that wouldn't stop me from running over to Chappaqua & tryingt'get it on with his daughter. Had I the choice to invite him or Bob Dole over to my house for an evening of entertaining, you can betcher ass that "Bob Dole's gonna BE there!"

Al Gore is in a similar situation. While I TOTALLY want to fuck his daughters, I cannot forgive his wife's PMRC bullshit in the 80s nor his bending to her will. I love his running mate--Joe Lieberman's a great guy. But I can't stand Gore. Yet I have to vote for him because I don't trust GW as a politican OR a person. John McCain, though...come & regale me with stories of shooting off a carrier.

The moral? Learn about the person, yes...but learn about their politics, too.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he had the affairs, lied about it under oath, then tried to weasel his way out of it. The man's not very good about keeping promises, be they marriage vows, or court oaths. Can he really be expected to keep the oath of office he took at inauguration?

And, for that matter, he was getting it on w/ Lewinski in his office! Hello! Wasn't he supposed to be working?!

------------------
"They might be the infamous buzzard collectors for what we know, grabbing hapless space avians so that they don't end up as smears in the windshield."
-Timo Saloniemi, 16-Aug-2000

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry but if Monica Lewinsky came up to me & offered me head (or more), I'd jump at the chance.

Plus this world might be a little nicer & better-off if we all got some oral sex around 3 PM every day.

------------------
"Do you know how much YOU'RE worth??.....2.5 million Woolongs. THAT'S your bounty. I SAID you were small fry..." --Spike Spiegel

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, you have some problems...

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"
-Charles Capps, August 13, 2000

Shik
Member # 343

I have problems because I like having my cock sucked? Or because I think Monica Lewinsky isn't the "fat cow" everyone makes her out to be?

Truthfully...you're telling me that your gonna turn down a little bobbin slobberin'? I wouldn't wanna take THAT bet. Go up to a woman. Offer her unconditional oral sex, nothing in return. Watch as she struggles with that decision.

------------------

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, um, said Shik...

------------------
"Homer, you're dumb as a mule and twice as ugly,
if a strange man offers you a ride, I say take it"-Abe S.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just think she's ugly, that's all.

------------------
"We have HTML and images in sigs disabled here. Don't try it. If you do, I'll shove the image up your ass, then ban you. Have a nice day. :)"
-Charles Capps, August 13, 2000

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shik, go find a girl with teeth, then come back and say everything you just said.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I really want a flying pogo-stick." - Antag

Constellation of One
Member # 332

- posted      Profile for Constellation of One     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh...

My.......

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He says in his best Jonathan Quayle Higgins voice.

------------------
Everything in life I ever needed to know I learned from The Simpsons.

Shik
Member # 343

I like teeth. Done properly, it's mega-fun.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You, sir, are of questionable sanity. (And this is all I will say on this subject.)

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I really want a flying pogo-stick." - Antag

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps