Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "This is not ordinary laziness... (Page 7)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   
Author Topic: "This is not ordinary laziness...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jay:

"Anything at all that questions Bush is a "stupid question" and therefor dismissed out of hand in Omega little world."

Give me a legitimate question of Bush and THEN see how I respond.

And I'd point out that I also thought that the majority of Gore questions were stupid, too.

"And since the Rupublicans bring the "character" question up and have made it the litmus test of everyone but Republicans"

Show me one example where Republicans have used this unilaterally.

"It [presumably the drug question] is a question that Bush needs to answer in light of all the Clinton bashing and the conservative belief that any President now needs to be above reproach...even going back to college and before."

I've never heard anyone espouse this, and if they have, they need a reality check.

"The Republicans have done a wonderful job sidesteping the question and and not answering it."

There's probably a reason for that. Does the phrase "It's not relevant" mean anything to you?

Personally, I'd like to know why the media's never questioned GORE on the same issue, considering that we have a legitimate witness that HE used drugs, whereas we only have the accusations of a felon who would have no reason to know against Bush. A felon who's book was pulled by it's own publisher for lack of credibility.

UM:

And just remind yourself that I'm one of the few here that have any chance of being in a real, loving relationship at any point in my life. I win.

And in case you're going to say, "Well, that's your opinion," that's the only one that counts when it comes to my life. So there. :P

Ritten:

"A FELONY???? You can't own a hand gun in this country for commiting a felony, but you can control a huge nuclear arsenal that can wipe out mankind..."

A: I will say this ONE more time. THERE IS NOT A SHRED OF EVIDENCE THAT GEORGE W. BUSH EVER COMMITED A FELONY. All we have are the accusations of a REAL felon, who has no evidence himself, and who's book was pulled by it's own publisher for lack of credibility.

Besides, even if he did use drugs thirty years ago, there's a statue of limiations, you know.

Finally, the president can't use nukes on his own. That requires co-authorization by a senate-confirmed appointee.

And if you're trying to use this as an argument FOR Gore, we've got a lot more evidence that he HAS commited crimes, and recent ones at that. Not to mention that we've got a witness that's actually reliable that says that he used drugs quite a bit, if you really want to bring that into it.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Question:

Why did Bush's businesses fail?

The answer to this question will either tell why he should be considered for Persident, or why not.

If he took up selling widgets and the market collasped, then it's not really his fault.

Bad managerment, not handling stress, and this type of thing would be his fault.

It shouldn't have been anything financial, with the backing of his father, but if Dad gave him the start up money, then said to sink or swim, it might very well be his fault.

The drug thing, unless it is an ongoing thing, is a moot point, since how many people 30 years ago used some sort of drug..... I am counting people that are running for some political office now, who would have been in the experimentitive youth then.

So, did he, or did he not, have a hand in the failing of his businesses, or just bad luck???

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, Earth to Omega don't try to deflect legitimate questions by pointing over there and doing your bait and switch act. My goodness you are a comple imbecile...but the smartest one you know.

quote:
Show me one example where Republicans have used this [the character issue] unilaterally.

Again, that's just stupid. Ever since the impeachment, the Republicans have been on their high horse about how character counts. Deny that and you are a liar. Now, bear in mind that character only seems to count if you are Bill Clinton or Al Gore.

Since you want the press to go after Gore for whatever character questions you want to see...fine, let's have some member of the media stand up and do just that. And let that same member of the media stand up and ask Bush about his character and potential past drug use. And let him answer the question. He's been asked and he has refused to answer, leaving big character questions in my mind.

quote:
What effect could something Bush may or may not have done three decades ago possibly have on his job performance?

About the same amount that Clinton smoking pot in college would have. Oh, but my goodness, who the hell made that an issue and keeps harping on it as a character flaw to this day? Oh, Republicans. So, until Bush answers a direct question, you can in no way defend him or dismiss the character questions that the conservatives themselves have unleashed.

quote:
"It [presumably the drug question] is a question that Bush needs to answer in light of all the Clinton bashing and the conservative belief that any President now needs to be above reproach...even going back to college and before."

I've never heard anyone espouse this, and if they have, they need a reality check.

Had you the ability to read above the homeschool level, you could have read this above:

"And since the Rupublicans bring the "character" question up and have made it the litmus test of everyone but Republicans:"

So you assumption about my statements being simply a "drug" question again shows your general lack of reasoning skills.

And yes Matilida, Gore and Bradley admitted they smoked pot. Again, because the conservatives made it a relevant question by attacking Clinton for it. They answered the question that Bush won't. I wonder why...to be sure, that tells me something about his character.

So take your double standard and dismissive answers and flush 'em Sparky. Either answer the questions posed, or kindly move over to the side and shut the hell up.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited October 28, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you heard of "Funeralgate"?

It's going on down in Texas right now, big scandal. I posted the article on the flame board a few days ago. There is sworn testimony that Dubya LIED about his involvement.

So, Jeff, in response to you "honor and integrity" drivel at the opening of this topic, how does Bush have honor or integrity about the Funeralgate scandal?

------------------
Friends Don't Let Friends Vote Republican
Gore/Lieberman 2000 - a step forward into the new millennium

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'S okay, Omega... I just served on a jury a couple weeks ago, and I know better than to take a convicted felon at their word about somebody ELSE'S behavior, even if these guys don't.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten:

Not a clue. Never asked. But then, you might like to know that Gore has held, what, ONE job in the private sector? As a reporter. Thirty years ago.

Jay:

"Ever since the impeachment, the Republicans have been on their high horse about how character counts. Deny that and you are a liar. Now, bear in mind that character only seems to count if you are Bill Clinton or Al Gore."

Give me evidence that any Republican in congress has commited purjury, and I'll call up my representitive and tell him to start impeachment proceedings.

Heck, give me any evidence that any ten (there are a lot of them) GOP reps lied to get elected. THEN you might have a point.

"...fine, let's have some member of the media stand up and do just that. And let that same member of the media stand up and ask Bush about his character and potential past drug use."

Ah, but, see, there's the thing. Crimes Gore's commited and lies he's told during his career as a politician ARE legitimate questions about his character. The only time I care about things before that is if Gore lies about them NOW. Same for Bush.

"About the same amount that Clinton smoking pot in college would have. Oh, but my goodness, who the hell made that an issue and keeps harping on it as a character flaw to this day?"

No one that I've heard. Now the fact that he said it on MTV, and that he claimed he didn't inhale, and that he claimed it was the only time he used drugs... THAT I have a minor problem with. Why in the world would he smoke the stuff and not inhale? IINM, that's not smoking. And then there's the fact that we have some darned good evidence that he's used drugs after that, and DURING his tenure. But assuming it's true, that one incident doesn't bug me all that much. Again, it's the past, and I only care when he lies about it.

"Had you the ability to read above the homeschool level"

That's way above your reading level, bub.

JK:

So you have one man's word against Bush? That's it? Get back to me when you have REAL evidence.

------------------
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
- "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what is your actual point Omega...that the character issue doesn't exist? Stupid.

Or that it exists only if you know that someone is lying? Stupid.

If Bush used drugs in his past, it says something about his character and in the current tennor of the political times...a climate I remind you again that the Republicans started...then Bush needs to be above reproach and speak to this issue with the American people.

quote:
And then there's the fact that we have some darned good evidence that he's used drugs after that, and DURING his tenure.

What the hell are you talking about? Are you trying to say that while president, Clinton lit a big bong in the Oval Office? I really have no idea how to respond that that sort of lunacy other than to say that maybe Dubya did a couple of line on the coffee table of the governor's mansion too.

And as far as those things you haven't heard, I suggest you broaden your horizons.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there is a report that Clinton had to undergo nasal passage reconstructive surgery during his term as governor, make of that what you will...

And all that beside, even if he didn't use any illegal drugs while in the oval office (as if the Pres. couldn't get some if he wanted, and have the secret service keep mum)... we all still wonder if he smoked that cigar.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Omega
Member # 91

Well, there was that wiretap of Roger's phone, where he was recorded as saying, "I gotta get some of that stuff for my brother. He's got a nose like a vacuum cleaner." But, hey, that's not evidence.

As for my point, it's that the character issue, for all relevant intents and purposes, destroys your cantidate, and has no demonstrable effect on mine.

------------------
- "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Oh, and just who is my candidate oh smartest person you know?

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited October 29, 2000).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Darn, and I so wanted this to go over 100 posts.

Well,I guess I have to do that my own self then with a bit more humor at Bush's expence.

George of the Jungle

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

Well, Jay, you get your wish...

Whoever made that cartoon is either a spoonfed moron, or deliberately trying to mislead you.

I will ask one more time: why in the world do you think that Bush is unintelligent?

------------------
- "due South"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't seem that he's not intelligent, just unable to finish a sentence and his wording is a bit off at times, not fully thinking before speaking. Also trying to put two or more thoughts in to one sentence is not a good thing.

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

Omega
Member # 91

Of course, even that's in a very small minority of his public speeches, really.

------------------
- "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would make me thing Bush is unintelligent?

Look at the quote in my tagline.

------------------
Read My Lips: NO NEW TEXANS!
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps