Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "This is not ordinary laziness... (Page 8)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: "This is not ordinary laziness...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You do realize that there's nothing wrong with that quote unless you're looking for it?

You're being irrational. Again.

A man once was saying a prayer at the church I was attending. "And thank you, Lord, for the fruit of the loom..." Is he an idiot just because he misspoke? Or the child reading scripture: "...and the Spirit of God disintigrated like a dove..." Misspeaking is not a sign of unintelligence. Thinking that it is, now...

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Overanalyzing, as well, naught.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To me that seems like an unfinished sentence.
"....underestimating [my abilities.]" might be a good conclusion.

What were Bush's grades like?

How (not Oh) many of you know someone that is smart as hell/very intelligent/almost a genius but has the common sense of a log? This goes with that gifted cartoon posted here someplace sometime ago.
My sister-in-law is like that..... then again, I wouldn't want her running the country.....

How many of Gore's 'lies' have been twisted, like the internet invetion statement that he helped get Government fund for the 'net?

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited October 31, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, yeah. My IQ was last rated at 176, I scored in the 97th percentile or better in every standardized test I ever took in school, and I got a 1320 on the SAT while suffering from a case of the flu. I have, so I'm told by people I consider knowledgeable about such things (including a few professors) highly analytical mind, and a very good ability to apply it to the division of fact from opinion.

Still, I was socially inept, incapable of dealing with regular people, until late in college, and my grades weren't ever extremely good because I was either bored, daydreaming, or lazy. Mostly lazy. I frequently stumble verbally when I speak for any period of time, because my mind goes faster than my mouth can.

Still, I'm probably better informed than roughly 98% of this country's population... I won't pit that against the others, though, since I don't have acces to their various media resources -- ecxept MacLeans, if you can call that one.

And that's why I hold my opinions.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and you watch Voyager. Tsk.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Omega (the smartest person you know), there are times when humor can just be humor. Very much like all those anti Clinton lists that JR put up. So, in the humor department you are just going to have to deal with it.

As to Dubya's intelligence, speaking for myself, I have not seen an instance (the debates for example) where Dubya has spoken clearly, concisly and was able to tell me what his ideas were without dropping the ball somewhere along the line and flatlining into some deadheaded ramble.

Oh sure he's got ideas, but I do not believe for a second that they are his...rather I believe that he has been spoon-fed much of the stuff he tries to spout while speaking in public. I can't say that that makes him any more disingenious than Gore or any other major party candidate over the last 12 or so years.

I think that that lack of ability to think on his feet and precisely communicate his thoughts, such as I have seem in Bush, is a serious flaw in a potential President of the United States in the modern age of instant communications...(and maybe not so much of a flaw to a librarian).

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fo2:

Darn, my IQ is only in the 160's...

Ritten:

IIRC, Bush was an average student. C's, mainly. Whereas Gore (not an attack, just a comparison, before JK jumps the gun) flunked out of school at least once. We don't even know his grades, last I heard. Like Clinton's medical records, he's gone to great lengths to hide them from the public.

Jay:

"Well Omega (the smartest person you know)"

I see you've picked up another trick from the liberals: misquoting. Next you're going to say that Mr. Newt wanted medicare to wither on the vine...

"I have not seen an instance where Dubya has spoken clearly, concisly and was able to tell me what his ideas were without dropping the ball somewhere along the line and flatlining into some deadheaded ramble."

What exactly do you mean by "deadheaded ramble"? Is that like saying "A tax cut that mainly benefits the top one percent" ten times in an hour?

"Oh sure he's got ideas, but I do not believe for a second that they are his"

And you believe this why? What's the reasoning behind it?

I would point out that I've had the same problem as First. If I try to speak as fast as I think, I get tongue-tied. Like First, it's probably because my mind works pretty darn fast. So why would getting tongue-tied when one's excited about something be a sign of UNintelligence, instead of just the oppoiste?

------------------
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
- "due South"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Bush could turn out to be a good president. I also think he is as dumb as a stone. He would lose to Elmo in a game of chess. He has the vocabulary of a pocket calculator, the wit of Cathy, and the comedic timing of Joe Piscapo. In a battle of the minds, he would lose to the hosts of The Man Show. I would not trust him to operate the gate at a parking garage. I might trust him to run the country though.

------------------
love's function is to fabricate unknownnness
--
E. E. Cummings
Read chapter one of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! And party everyday.

Omega
Member # 91

Your opinion is noted. What facts do you base that on?

------------------
- "due South"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At this point I would like to say that I am suprised, no AMAZED, this morning.

The Uniontown Herald-Standard, possibly the most diehardly Democratic newspaper in this excruciatingly Democratic part of Pennsylvania...

Today endorsed Bush.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, has Bush ever been on Seseame Streat? No?

You have to wonder why, don'tcha? What's he got to hide...

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Judging W's heart

"His "compassionate conservatism" can move a grown man to tears, but how far does it really extend?"

Yet another fascinating article.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Omega, jut so your clear on the subject...these " " are quotes. Write that in your journal so next time you can see when someone is "quoting" you and when someone is not quoting you. Go now, scat and write that down now.

And again, I read your comments and see than rather deal with the issue, you propose to attack Gore.

Bravo my boy.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited November 02, 2000).]

Omega
Member # 91

The quotes (or lack thereof) is not relevant. You still imply that I said that, which I didn't. Of course, I guess that means I can't say that you misquoted me, and I have to say that you outright lied instead. In that case, I stand corrected.

------------------
- "due South"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*raises handbag at Omega*

Ooooohhhhh.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps