Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » "This is not ordinary laziness... (Page 9)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: "This is not ordinary laziness...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my humble opinion, Omega, I'd say he was just making fun of you.

Of course, you're doing a much better job of making fun of yourself then anyone else could possibly do ...

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
I'll hug your elephant if you'll kiss my ass.
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Omega, what you DID say about yourself (on the first page of this topic) was ...

"I can't speak in public, but I'm one of the smartest people I know (not to sound immodest)."

THAT is a direct quote.

What Jay said was:

"Well Omega (the smartest person you know),"

Kindly explain to me how the above is a lie as you claim?

You clearly state that you are the smartest person you know. Jay clearly states that you believe yourself to be the smartest person you know.

I dunno, maybe you meant you were the stupidest person you know?

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is underestimating." - George "Dubya" Bush

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited November 02, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I dunno, maybe you meant you were the stupidest person you know?

Wow dude, you like, rule.

------------------
Equality, Cooperation & Benevolence.

Vote Communist Party of America 2000.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And didn't you used to have a status line that read "Only as Humble as his talents allow"? There's a sign of a small ego...*cough*

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JK:

"You clearly state that you are the smartest person you know."

Where did I say that?

Little-known fact to liberals: Words mean things. You've got the quote. You figure it out.

Liam:

Seriously, I don't have much of an ego. I used to have one the size of Botswana, though. It isn't bragging if it's true. Which was the point of my former status line.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, ah, ah. Dude, I think you should have said 'little known fact to SOME liberals', because, you know, blanket statements suck.

Although, I really don't care. I'm extreme left. Liberals & Conservatives are food for mutant goat-babies as far as I'm conserned.

"Lousy capitalist pigs! I hope your whores from which you get money give you herpes!"

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

WHERE did you say that you're the smartest person you know, Omega?

Go to the first page of this topic, and read your first post. THAT'S where you said it.

Obviously (going by the words, you understand), you find yourself to be the smartest person you've ever met. You also, obviously, haven't met very many people.

Gee, Omega, again with the blanket statements? If I wanted a blanket statement about conservatives I believe it would be, "all Republicans are supporters of White Pride and the Klu Klux Klan." Now, thankfully, I've met many Republicans who AREN'T members or supporters of either of those, but the KKK (and neo-Nazis, and other hate groups) are part of the Republican party. Blanket statements are dangerous Omega.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

Member # 239

No, no, no, no.

Here's the quote again:

"but I'm ___ __ the smartest people I know (not to sound immodest)."

Spin! And buy a vowel. Or two. Then fondle Vanna White.

Mmmm....spinning the wheel....mmmmm

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Ok, right, ONE OF ...

Still a far cry for Omega to whine about Jay being a liar, tho.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He said I said something I didn't say. So did you. I'd rather call it a misquote, but Jay objected.

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, so no I'M a liar. I won't stoop to telling you to go screw yourself, which I should. I will however call you a fool and I caution you about using such terms.

And to paraphrase John Wayne from a movie I can't remember the title of at the moment, 'you'd better step off you high-horse there mister.'

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited November 02, 2000).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where he the name of Joe Camel are you getting this crap from Omega??

Since the homeschool library is closed, here you go:

sar�don�ic (s�r-dnk) adj.
Scornfully or cynically mocking.

sar�casm (s�rkzm) n.
1.A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2.A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

caus�tic (k�stk) adj.
2.Corrosive and bitingly trenchant; cutting.

sat�ire (str) n.
2.Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Seriously, I don't have much of an ego. I used to have one the size of Botswana, though. It isn't bragging if it's true. Which was the point of my former status line."

Oh, you're too modest, Omega. I think I'll go over here and puke now. You obviously don't get it, do you? It's one thing to talk about how smart you are, and another to show it in your actions.

p.s.
I just found out what Omega's really good for, though. I'm working from 5-8pm at the library tonight, and I was really tired and sleepy after dinner. Then I thought to come and read the Flameboard, because answering Omega's posts wake me up.

------------------
"The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion."
--Albert Eistein

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, Omega, Jay and I can always argue that we thought you were being sarcastic that you considered yourself only ONE of the smartest people you knew ...

So, its more our interpretation versus yours.

------------------
Gore/Lieberman 2000

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Well, no, I was being sarcastic refering to Omega as the smartest person he knows.

Again, I reference the fact that Omega should remove the stick from his but and talk about the subject at hand...and that would be our former drunk driver, little Dubya.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps