Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Bush is the Next President! (Page 10)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Bush is the Next President!
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Besides, Omega has so many hot button issues and his strong belief in his own rightness, that's he's always good to go if one feels up for an argument.

I for one rather appreciate that at times. It saves me from boredom sometimes, but he angers me at others.

Wrong as he is, he's generally interesting.

Oh my, that's far too nice...deflate your damn ego Omega!

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 15, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't dislike him either.

Extraordinarily rarely do I even get involved in one of his issues, and if I do, I generally try to avoid any slanderous remarks. They may seep through, but are in jest.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, we actually get along well, when we're not discussing politics. He's a good guy, I just don't like most of what he stands for.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for me, I've seen the light. I'm going to run out and pick up all the Circle Jerks albums right now. Thanks, Xentrick!

(Well, not right now, obviously. Later.)

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega: Ohhhh....i'm such a moron. How is it I manage to blow holes into your pathetic little statements?

Y'know, my calling you a fascist insults fascist. You're a fascist wanna-be. You claim that all your so called opinions are the God's honest truth and that everyone else is WRONG and you are totally right.

Well, guess what - YOU ARE WRONG.

You're nothing more that something that's pathetically sad. In fact, you're so sad that it boggles the imagination. I'll make a compromise with you: NEVER and I mean EVER talk to me on these here forums ever again or so help me i'll call kanaly on you and that is something you'll never escape.

And those of you know what kanaly is, you know what I meant. The forms must be obeyed.

But I do digress.

Bugger off, twerp.

Quatre. (And that's ALL I have to say about this topic or anything political to this out-freyen.)

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah right.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no.

Omega's only wrong when he disagrees with ME.

When he agrees with me, he's right, merely tactless.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of Omega again:
He's like every religion and political group, he's got somethings right. He leans heavily towards be a self-centered, egotistical, tactless, know-it-allish, little twit. Which age will either tone down, or he will become one of those people that walks up to the coffee pot at work and everyone, but the company moron, will scatter.
He seems to be well read, in his little area, but not well read in a diverse manner.
His understanding of the evils of mankind seem to get placed only on the other side, but age, again, my temper this out, or he may lean so far into his choosen camp that he may do some really stupid things....
He does seem to be intelligent, although for being religious he seems not not bother with pride being a sin.
So, he's not a bad person, just unseasoned.

Now, the next question I have.....

How long till we can start flaming Bush and the Republicans for ruining the country?????

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited December 16, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they've already ruined the country ...

But for Bush in specific, we should probably wait until he's at least been inaguarated.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See, while I generally disagree with Omega, I don't think he's a twerp, a twat, a jerk, a flaming saran-wrap covered buick stationwagon, or any other insults that guys like Quatre seem to enjoy using.

Omega, at the very least, discusses his arguments, and opinions, and if he disagrees with you, he'll question you, or make an attempt to.

Guys like Quatre really irk me, in the fact that they'll post shit like he just did, attacking NONE of Omega's positions, calling Omega a Twerp, and saying he's wrong.

Do we really need that garbage cluttering up these forums?

He did nothing to further an argument, provide a defense, or anything valid to any discussion whatsoever. He just said 'You're wrong'. Yeah, he's swayed me, and I'm sure Omega.

Y'know, stop bitching and whining like a goddamn little 3 year old girl, stop personally attacking someone for NO reason, or don't post at all.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to ask that everyone stop posting in this thread before we all start hating each other- MORE than we do now- and get Tom to close it.

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno. Hate over the internet is so STUPID.
I take hatred as a very personal thing, and I don't know anyone here well enough to hate them.

Disagreement, though, even when venomous, can provide hours of amusement to break the monotony of an otherwise frequently tedious existence.

Plus it gives me something unproductive to do during the slow times at work.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't this thread supposed to be about Bush, anyway?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

What we REALLy need to do is devote threads to single questions, rather than big series of questions, as several of us (me too, sometimes) are fond of doing.
Those things take up WAY too much time to read.
That'd make things a lot easier. Once we've talked one out or to an impasse, we can all move on to the next.

------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, joy. This thread's becoming fun. Why not just rename the thing "An Analysis of the Omega," while we're at it?

Fo2:

"When he agrees with me, he's right, merely tactless."

Tact is highly overrated, in my rarely humble opinion.

Ritten:

"although for being religious he seems not not bother with pride being a sin."

How do you read pride into what I say? I simply state facts. Yeah, I strongly believe I'm right, and I know I'm pretty darned intelligent, but I hardly think these are my own, unique accomplishments.

I'm proud in the "reasonable self-respect" sense, not the "inordinate self-esteem" sense.

I'm beginning to think my adversaries are divided into two groups here. You've got UM, Daryus, maybe Rob on certain things, et al. who are generally reasonable people. They may disagree with me (which, of course, means they're wrong ), but they're logical about it. Then you've got Jordan and JK, who don't seem to see anything wrong with flaming me personally, instead of making a real argument.

How 'bout we have two flameboards? One for legitimate arguments, and the other for irrationality.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps