Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Bush is the Next President! (Page 9)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Bush is the Next President!
Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, get outta here.

------------------
"Life end when you die. But imagination share with others, live forever."
--Quan, Final Fantasy IX

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked Tora's rebuke about the teachers

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, there'd still be teachers left. I know a number of conservative public school teachers. There just wouldn't be Teachers' Union leaders left. Or school system bureaucrats. Or anyone in the federal government that likes to interfere with things that are none of their business. Or anyone else who's screwed up the education system over the past few decades.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are Democrats, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated......

?????

So they are the evil that has been underscoring the 'American Way' for all these years???

------------------

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You would, Omega, you live in Tennessee. Out here most public school teachers are liberals. Every single teacher I know from my high school (which is Catholic, but only about half the teachers are Catholics) is a liberal. My favorite teacher's husband is a public school teacher who calls himself a conservative, but he voted for Ralph Nader so I'm not sure what exactly he is. I don't think I need to mention colleg professors, who are, by the way, mostly liberals as well.

------------------
"Life end when you die. But imagination share with others, live forever."
--Quan, Final Fantasy IX

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess that means Omega'll either be going to Bob Jones University (where interracial anything is BAAAD), or skipping college altogether.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nahhh...let's sign Omega up for Adolf Hitler/Benito Mussolini University so he can be with the rest of the Fundie-facists.

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, ah, ah.

Facism is fine, so long as it discriminates everyone equally.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was really mean, Quatre... If you had said it to me, I would take great offense. Again, flaming of people is [u]not[/u] allowed here. :PPPPPPPPPPPP

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Jeff.

Jordan:

You can be a complete moron at times, you know?

And if anyone cares, I'm likely going to David Lipscomb.

Ziyal:

Most PEOPLE in CA are liberals, not just teachers. The ratio'd probably end up near the same.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

[This message has been edited by Omega (edited December 15, 2000).]

Xentrick
good to go
Member # 64

- posted      Profile for Xentrick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Quatre, to the anti-Omega movement. Jay, UM, Sol, and JeffKarde have someone new to join the circle jerk.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my parents were split down the middle politically (my Mother the Republican, my Father the Democrat) but you couldn't identify EITHER of them as what's passing for "Liberal" these days. Education-wise, they were both Conservative teachers, until they retired last year. Both of them voted for Bush, for various reasons including:

"Gore is Clinton II or worse." -- Dad
"Gore is a hypocrite trying to make himself look like the working man's man. Look at that ridiculous 'farmer' outfit!" -- Mom, during a Gore campaign stop in PA

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega- returning the insult doesn't help your situation any... :P

*SIGH @ all of you*

Can't we all just...get along?

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Probably not

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xentrick I hate to be the one to tell you this but I'm not anti-Omega. For one thing that would give his ego a boost that it doesn't need. And for another, being opposed to espoused ideology is quite different than being anti-anyone.

Moreover, I don't really know anyone else on these boards who has inserted himself in so many arguments in such a know-it-all manner. That really bugs me. But what the hell, diversity makes the world go 'round...at least for some. Omega is quite vociferous in his opinions and I feel that I can be just as vocal in my opposition to them.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps