Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Bush is the Next President! (Page 11)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Bush is the Next President!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just out of curiosity, what was it you said that made Sol explode?

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol exploded? Damn, where do I go to get my cool music now? And why is the Earth still around...afterall, and exploding Sol would certainly take us out would it not?

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited December 16, 2000).]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much as I might love picking apart Omega, too, I've gotta say this is going a wee bit far. I'll just echo Charles' comments in the other thread about things getting a bit too personal.

*Swats at a few folks with an old broom*

To be blunt, how much is there left to say about this presidential mess, anyway? I think we're all finished here. By all means, keep on talking, but if you guys keep fanning the flames I'll crack out the padlock (haven't used it in a while, so it'll be extra-fun)

-T_T

------------------
"...I was just up in Canada, Toronto actually. You know, they really hate you guys [Americans] up there? The funny thing is, they think you hate them back, when in fact, you just couldn't be bothered to care. Now in Ireland, it's a different story. At least we had the common decency to wait until the English invaded before we started hating them. I guess the Canadians are hating you in advance..."
-Irish Comic Ed Byrne on Canada-US relations

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega, in all fairness, when you say I'm unfit to have a family, am a (was it liberal nutcase?) et al, I tend to take that rather personally, and flame you in return. It's unfair of you to accuse someone else of flaming you when you've done the exact same thing.

And its not like you ever accept an argument that isn't precisely the same as your own.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 17, 2000).]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've said this once, i'll say it again. I WILL fight fire with fire.

And in Omega's...no i'll call him smega from here on now out, case is nothing but yet another lil' pitiful fascist case whom I have to go out of m way to knock the living hell out of general principle.

And I do so love listning to k.d. lang too.

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Regarding the obivious potential for futre conflict and name calling Re: the post before mine. The Flameboard is for flaming topics, not individuals. Now, however much you may like, or dislike a person namecalling and derision of any user of the forums ain't acceptable. Not matter how strongly you feel. I'll implore yourself and any & all other guilty parties not to do so. Or I'll crack out that little toy known as the ban function. Discussing things in a heated manner is OK. Targeting individuals isn't. Keep that in mind.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

[This message has been edited by Daryus Aden (edited December 17, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 18, 2000).]

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Bursts out laughing*

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is great....

------------------
EOH

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad...
for me to poop on!

What's REALLY got the lib.s pissed is that Bush is nominating minorities, SUCCESSFUL CONSERVATIVE minorities, to cabinet posts, which puts the lie to most of they've said about him.

That, and that he's also shown every intention of sticking to his guns on his campaign promises, especially the large tax cut, in the face of opposition.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
I looked at my son, and said, "My god, he's hung like a bear."
"That's the umbillical cord, Mr. Williams."

-Robin Williams, "A Night at the Met" 1986

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that article about the woman he's chosen for the NSA slot. I'd rather they print a resume for her than to print her picture.
Leave the gender as 'this person' and show their accomplishments. It would give her a fair shake anyway. We base a lot on outward appearences.

------------------
EOH

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Really Fo2? You're right, I can hardly control my anger at that.

Snarl and all that sort of thing.

However, if you stop to think about it in terms of simple politics, his first appointments are designed to bring about just such a reaction.

More power to him, but White House Counsel is hardly a post that needed to be announced on the first day as it was. To me, this is more political handlers telling him who should be first so that that face is remembered by the public. I see it as getting the minorities announced to put a good spin on the first appointments.

Clinton did the same thing.

It's all P-O-L-I-T-I-C-S.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well of course it's a good political move. Of course, these people were probably picked, or at least on the short-short list to be picked, a long time before election day.

Especially Colin Powell, although I can't help but see that as maybe beinga little 'nyah,' to the 90-some percent of black (and probably a number of white) voters who didn't vote for Bush because he was a Republican, many of whom WOULD'VE voted for Colin Powell, if HE'd run, even as a Republican, simply because he's black.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps