Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Bush is the Next President! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Bush is the Next President!
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me thinks Omega watches too much B5 ...

Personally, I'd say the UN is much more of the "last, best hope" for the world.

Fuck it. Let's nuke the whole planet and let God or Satan start all over again.

------------------
Can anyone say premature ejac ... er, election?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Humanity is the last hope for earth.
Countries come and go, no people stay the same. If the american peolpe ever were the "best" culture and society in the world, that can change fast. That's why conservatism don't work in the long run. We need to evolve. (I wonder how long the Amish will manage to keep their human appearances?)

Like I said before, we need to appreciate that we're the best SPECIES in the solar system. When we break it down more we get nazis, commies and lovely commie-hunters.

Of course, if we ever get our hands on a real swell guy that has many good answers then he's probably the antichrist, huh? Kill him and back to square one. There, everyone hates everyone again.

BTW, I haven't been keeping up. Has the election been settled yet, or if not, when?

[This message has been edited by Nimrod (edited November 13, 2000).]

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"commies"

Ah yes, those damn reds...

I trust you mean the totalitarian "communism" that was in place in the USSR during the cold war, and not the actual idealogical communism.

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod: Nope. They still haven't got it figured out...

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me clarify my statment. I have no particular affinity for the people of this country, specifically because they're from this country. Nor do I hold any loyalty to this country. What I believe in are the ideas which this country represents. All I want is the same thing that the colonists wanted three centuries ago: to be allowed to live as I please. This country best allows me, or anyone else, to do that.

------------------
Francesca: He was born on the tundra, that's where he belongs. You'll kill him if you take him to Toronto.
Thatcher: That's a bit drastic, don't you think?
Francesca: Look, I've been to Toronto. Trust me, nothing can survive there. - "due South"

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That I respect.

Ultra Magnus: I said 'commies' because at the time (60's-70's) nationalists and right-wingers didn't see a difference between the groups. Any supporter whatso had to be 'processed'.

------------------
And keep your foot off that blasted samoflanche!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
successful self-imposed ideological communism and human beings will never be found on the same planet.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pessimists...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Gardening for Dummies is too intense." - Rick

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, Pragmatist/Realist.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Although I understand where you're coming from, humans can be very flexible...it's difficult to make a blanket statement like that.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Gardening for Dummies is too intense." - Rick

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Since the system cannot work unless EVERYONE willingly follows it, the possibility that SOME people might be able to is irrelevant.

PEOPLE are flexible, HUMANITY isn't.

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...and as such, the need for concentration camps is enforced.

------------------
Communism. Who wouldn't like their neighbour thrown into a goulag?

Please vote for the Communist Party of Canada This November 27th.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm. Well, I don't pretend to know anything about politics, but I find it very interesting how there are people out there that want to take things back to "the principles on which the country was founded". You realize that the Puritans left England to pursue religious freedom, then didn't let anyone in their colony have the same thing? You realize that back then it was understood that the only people who actually had the right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" were white englishmen of a certain age who owned property already? And how long did it take us women to get you idiot males to understand that we were equal and needed to have the right to life, liberty, property and the things that went with it (like the right to vote and the right to an equal paycheck)?

Yay. I'm ALL for regressing ourselves back to the dark ages. Now I know that all Republicans aren't as silly as this, But I actually used to lurk on a list where the men there told the women that "the country was all set until the women got the right to vote", and that "if those n****** would stop screwing things up, we'd get the right man in office".

Weell. That's just great. I say we take people like that and give them thier own country to live in, 'cause they certainly need to be far away from me, and obviously have different interpretations of our Constitution and equal rights. Feh.

Does this sound incoherent? Well if it does, too bad. I'm not fixing it.

[edited because I obviously can't spell]

------------------
The wheel, it turneth. But the hamster, it hath demised.
When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer our friend.

[This message has been edited by Jubilee McGann (edited November 15, 2000).]

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jubilee, I think the idea is to emphasize the principles of the Constitution, not the society from which it happened to be created out of.

In any case, I do so love being labeled as an idiot male that too so long to understand that women were equal. Come now, I understand women are equal and deserve every right that every other human being has. However, I shouldn't be blamed for something some guys did long before I was considered to be born. Just because they were idiots doesn't mean I'm an idiot by association.

And that forum you were lurking on...those men usually aren't getting any so they vent their anger on that which they cannot have.

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If Bush loses, his life goes on. I will do anything to get elected." - Al Gore, 1999

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"And how long did it take us women to get you idiot males to understand that we were equal...?"

Well, w/ comments like that, what do you expect? ;-)

------------------
"What he did to that walrus gentle-man was inexcusable."
-T. Herman Zweibel on "Mr. Woodrow Wood-pecker", The Onion, 7-Nov-2000

This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  10  11  12   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps