Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » I've never really posted anything in here before but... I'm a little... unsettled. (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: I've never really posted anything in here before but... I'm a little... unsettled.
The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think black makes you look smaller. Women often wear black to hide their figure.

------------------
"If you can't beat your computer at chess, try kickboxing."

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black makes you hard to see at night. It's good for covert surveillance and nighttime combat exercises, but not so good for Trick-or-treating.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black's also good to wear if you have no fashion sense, because it's "safe". It's hard to go wrong when you spend all your days looking like an SAS commando. Although other people will begin to think that your soul is the same colour as your jumper.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whew, having multiple essays can take you out for weeks.

Liam: You may be on to something about the lesbian=wicca thing. Half the girls in my pagan group are lesbian or bi (none of the guys though). But that MAY just be because nobody tells them they're going to hell around here.

This Bible stuff is boring. I think I'll throw some info around to stir things up.

1. Jesus was misquoted. He of all people wouldn't have told others to worship him, but rather believe in themselves (I forget the exact words). He was the son of God as we all are sons and daughters of God. He performed miracles that are possible for anyone to perform.

2. The Holocaust happened as a manifestation of prejudices in the world and was intended to teach the world about prejudice (We haven't learned much). Hitler was a great soul who came to do just that and who was willing to be hated by the world for years to come.

3. Desire can't help but become reality.

4. Babies think they are dying at the moment before they exit the womb.

Enjoy.

------------------
"There comes a time when the mind takes on a higher plane of knowledge but can never prove how it got there. All great discoveries have involved such a leap."
--Albert Einstein, on intuition.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(This message savagely edited due to lack of sleep.)

------------------
Not even a god can deny that I have squared the circle of a static Earth and cubed the Earth sphere by rotating it once to a dynamic Time or Life Cube.
--
Gene Ray
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" Or don't. You know, whatever.

[This message has been edited by Sol System (edited April 01, 2001).]

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, who can argue with that?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as of this minute I'm defying the internet gods and taking my book out in the park to read in the sun on this beautiful sunday. HA! I WIN! (Believe it or not, this is not an april fools joke).

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's cloudy here. Grrr.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding something to Tora's point no 1, Jesus almost always referred to himself as The Son of Man, rather than Son of God. I wonder why...

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to put something kinda funny in the mix. From Dave Barry's 19 Things It Took 50 Years To Learn:

5. And when God, who created the entire universe with all of its glories, decides to deliver a message to humanity, He WILL NOT use, as His messenger, a person on cable TV with a bad hairstyle.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Denis Leary said it *paraphrased*

Mary's got a big enough budget, she's not gonna appear of some fucking MUFFIN in TIAJUANA! She's gonna show up during the opening credits of "Air Force One," She's gonna be 20 feet tall, and she's gonna say "HEY!! STOP PUTTING SHIT IN THE COFFEE!!"

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps