Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » STIII SE (Page 5)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: STIII SE
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A bigger mistake in the awful "fLashback" is that in the end of STVI the bridge officer (can't remember his frellin name) is alive and kicking while in Flashback he's dead and rotting.

...and Uhura's weight gain in the later movies was too make up for lost groovin' time in her chair. I bet the other shifts just used another station to avoid the "Uhura funk" of the chair.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What really bugged me most was the Excelsior's bridge in "Flashback", specifically, the Navigation and Helm stations (which were resued graphics from the E-B and not the original ones used in ST6) and the port turbolift (which in the episode was just a hallway with no door). Oh, the starboard list as well seeing as it was not a round lift.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Dax
Paradox
Member # 191

- posted      Profile for Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Flashback" is quite simply a good example of what's wrong with the Voyager series.

--------------------
"I exist here."
- Sisko in "Emissary"
Dax's Ships of Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I thought the worst part of the episode was, sadly, George Takai.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
George Takei wasn't bad though.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...except George Takei was pretty bad.
Still it could've been worse: it could have been Checkov. [Wink]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOUBLE WINNERS!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nah Grace Lee Whitney delivered her lines with all the feeling of a computer.. plus she had to squint to see the cue cards.. definitely the ost aggravating part of the episode for me.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I thiught Grace Lee Whitney was animatronic....she's not?
I heard soewhere that Disney made her for a display and Shatner fell in love with it...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Wit.

Anyway, the thing was, I didn't expect anything great from Ms. Whitney, but George had always been fine before.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, it was the end of season 2 voyager - what did you expect?

Voyager lost it after Season 1 (the finale really was the 39ers.)

Didn't get it back until just before Season 4 (Real Life) and lost it again until the start of season 5 where it lost it again half-way through.

--------------------

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny, I thought Voyager lost it during the opening crawl of "Caretaker" and never got it back...

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Season 1 was fantastic.

I was lucky in 1995 - I friend brought back with him the night after it had aired the pilot - so I got to see Caretaker in Australia the day or two after it was screened in the US. Probably only a very small handful at that time - probably no one else. No downloading episodes then.

Anyway he eventually got the next 6 episodes over from his relatives. It was great being able to watch all these episodes so soon.

Parallax was good - it wasn't FANTASTIC - it didn't end how I thought it would - but the anticipation was still there after the fantastic pilot. The series in season 1 had an actual direction and focus. Parturition was I think the official first episode of season 2 (filmed) and it was C-R-A-P. Soooo bad. From then on it had really lots it's energy.

But going back to season 1 Caretaker, Parallax then Time and Again. FANTASTIC episode for such a new series. What else? State of Flux was AMAZING - with Seska. And the episode with the Space folding where Tuvok went against Janeway. Then there was Eye of the Needle. Eps like Cathexis and Emenations weren't so fantastic. And "The Cloud" was another obvious bottle. Ex Post Facto was so so. Jetrel was bloody amazing. Thanks to James Sloyan. Heroes and Demons was original and REALLY good - and fun. Kim and Chuckles were sucked up and nearly died!! Persistance of Vision was FANTASTIC. I really like that episode. And yes, even though it was released for season 2, it's a season 1 episode. I think Australia might have even seen the last four eps of Season 1 before the US - cause we have the videos and those episodes come on videos 1.9 and 1.10. It has the tape release date on the back - I should go up and check one day and match it with those episodes original air date!

Even learning curve was good - and it gave us a few other characters. The series pretty soon dropped it's energy and enthusiasm a lot. While being 'not bad' it wasn't 'good' either. Most of season 2 - except for a few stand outs and most of season 3 were shokers. Some of the stand outs... Prototype, Deathwish, Deadlock and Tuvix for season 2 and The Chute and Remember for season 3 which just plan reaked up until the dramatic turn-around at "Before and After" There should have been more Kes episodes like that.

After that for the rest of the season we get Real Life, Distant Origin, Worst Case Scenario and Scorpion - which were all corkers. Even WCS which was basically a bottle episode.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

quote:
Heroes and Demons was original
Minus the part that was over 1,000 years old?

Though I have to say I largely agree with you here, at least in regards to those episodes you praise. Well, most of them. But, I am easy to please.

MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the topic. I'm running ST3 in the background right now and listening to the commentary track. I glanced over just as the Grisson detects Spock's burial tube.

METALLIC MASS
2 METERS LONG
CYLINDRICAL
TERMINIUM

But, of course, what else would you make a casket out of but a TERMINAL material. Oy...

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps