Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » Dan's Survey of Deep Space Nine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Dan's Survey of Deep Space Nine
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is so in for a shock when he realizes it ends pretty retardedly.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The final episode WAS pretty shite, wasn't it. It was no "Emissary" or "The Way of the Warrior".

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont think the end was bad at all, though I felt cheated that all the flashback shots of Dax were Ezri: that was a slap in the face of ol' Jadzia (or at least the actress that played her).

Really, It was sooooo superior to Voyager's end (but what's not?).

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, from what I read, Terry Farrell didn't allow them to use any footage with her in it.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They should have had a flashback sequence to begin with - it was so poxy.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I dont think the end was bad at all..."

No, but it had all that buildup to this massive climax/final showdown/fate-of-the-galaxy thing and then just... sizzled out. You know?

And the flashbacks were crap. Had they done those from, say, 20 years in the future and blown up DS9 because it had become a hazard to navigation, on the other hand... B)

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And you're right, like a fourth of the episodes in the season were directly or indirectly focusing on this new person who we all knew we'd only be seeing for twenty-five episodes before the series ended.
Three epsiodes out of 26 is a fourth? Ok, there was a minor B story in "Once more unto the Breach" and more major role in some of the finale 10 but still nowhere a fourth.

quote:
Like, who cares about this person?
Well if you haven't guessed already That would be me.
Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what was his fav ep of DS9?

I preferred "In the pale moonlight".

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FUTURAMA GUYS TOP FIVE* BABY!
#1 "Way of the Warrior" (Need I say why?)
#2 "(Improbable Cause)/The Die is Cast" (Loved the storyline, and the outcome!)
#3 "In the Pale Moonlight" (Uniquely written and I'm all about Rommies!)
#4 "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges" (Another good Rommie story w/ Section 31!)
#5 "The Jem'Hadar" (It's what turned me onto DS9 - you never forget the first time BABY!)

*In no peculiar odor.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
And the flashbacks were crap. Had they done those from, say, 20 years in the future and blown up DS9 because it had become a hazard to navigation, on the other hand... B)

Which never made much sense to me. It would surely have the same effect on space travel as a small puddle in Egypt has on Earth-type travel.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What would have been cool is if Quark had been killed by Gowron...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:

Which never made much sense to me. It would surely have the same effect on space travel as a small puddle in Egypt has on Earth-type travel.
Especially when you considder how slow space travel is
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just which episodes are being included in the "shite because they were all about Ezri" category? Because at least one of her episodes (the one with the Vulcan nutter and the mini-transporter gun) was just a Dax episode, which would have worked as well with Jadzia.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't it use her councling powers? Which could have been changed, granted.

Wasn't part of Farrel's complains based around the fact that, for the previous two years, there was no such thing as a "Dax" episode. They were all "Dax & Worf" episodes.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saltah'na:
So what was his fav ep of DS9?

I preferred "In the pale moonlight".

"In the Pale Moonlight" in a tie with "Far Beyond the Stars".

The first one I got to watch "live" (on cable at my cousin's house, not some videotape) was "Civil Defense".

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps