Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 15)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dukhat:
The Kelvin's registry is indeed NCC-0514.

A small gripe. Of all the potential things to be rebooty/prequelly weird on, though, a "leading zero problem" was not something I'd have ever expected to have to worry about.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm curious . . . maybe it's just me, but having the registry number in huge text on the flat front of the saucer near the rim just makes the ship look like a cheap small toy.

Is it that this appearance has some objective truth to it, or am I poisoned by the fact that small cheap Star Trek toys usually had the registry number too big and on the rim?

Just a thought.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a nacelle on top or a deflector?

--------------------
Blaze da finest weed in da shire... I shake my trekbbs at flare.solareclipse.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Is that a nacelle on top or a deflector?"

Goodness, why did no-one notice this earlier?

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm guessing a deflector pod akin to some fan ship we've seen over the years. a full-size nacelle trails below the saucer as in the FJ classics.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhnyway, what's the straw pole here? Good, bad, indifferent? I'm currently on "AHHHHHH! My eyes! THEY BURN!!!"

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sort of indifferent at the moment. I just don't want to over-spoil myself like I did with other Trek movies - to the point of ruining the movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would rather have New Trek than No Trek.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't hate the ship design outright, but I hate the rendering of it, and the decisions with the details. The 'rocket/pulse pods' are lifted from NuBSG, the lettering makes the ship look like a bad toy, and the panel texturing is straight out of a PS1 game.

Sadly, this has been confirmed as a 'final'. Ugh.

And, I'll disagree on one big thing. "New Trek" could suck so bad that it could guarantee "No Trek". I really don't think Abrams, who disliked Trek and is a Warsie, was a wise move. But, we'll see I guess.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have people seen this? I haven't been keeping up with this thread.

The bridge isn't ... right...at all... [Frown]

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I stated it looked busy and had no buttons.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I rather like that bridge.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it too but it's not right for the E-nil at all. It looks nothing like 'contemporary' designs.
Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it. I love everything about it. I love everything I've seen and heard so far about it. I haven't been this excited since 1987, when I heard Star Trek was coming back to TV again as Star Trek: The Next Generation.

If you all just think like I do, you'll all be a lot happier. Trust me. I know what I'm talking about.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm hoping the Kirk-in-black thing is just the undershirt and he actually has the proper gold uniform...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps