Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 16)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
HopefulNebula
Member # 1933

- posted      Profile for HopefulNebula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I have to say is: ZQ as Spock. OM NOM NOM.

I'm trying to keep it positive.

--------------------
"Don't fight forces; use them."
--R. Buckminster Fuller

http://hopefulnebula.dreamwidth.org/

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
at some point Sylar takes Kirks power.

This may be the best description of that photo ever. What woul Kirk's power be anyway?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You Know! [Wink]
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I like it too but it's not right for the E-nil at all. It looks nothing like 'contemporary' designs.

I, too like the visuals seen. it's clear of the path seen that it follow ENT more and more (think about it: When we saw the Defiant in IAMD, we saw the TOS set-up with modern visuals, like it would have been in the 60's had such SFx's existed back then. some folks wondered why the tech declined from the era of ENT/Mirror ENT to TOS-Sorta-R. what if the defiant, hell the whole Clean-JF style trek ships existed in but one reality and ENT/Mirror-ENT entrially another? between ST:FC and the space-vampires in Space battleship yamato/Star Blaz... , err, ENT, i'm fairly certain the space time continum is well worn like a Thia hooker on Nickle night...)

*breaths* anyway, NuTOS is clearly following ENT's tech line of advancement. does that mean that our beloved ships once they cross the NuTMP line will look different in the future?

who knows? we'll know next month.

and just because i love to pee in the soup, with all those beer cans tossed in, with the Kelvin's hull number of 0514, and seemingly a single nacelle ship, does that make it a Saladin class? a homage to JF's beloved and GR derided rules be fucked?

or is that 0 A legal reason to affront the JF estate once more? anybody with legal ears taking note of activity that way?

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's definately not 'canon', considering the story requires Kirk and Spock to be aboard a Romulan ship fighting Romulans aboard that ship, before the events of TOS...

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
at some point Sylar takes Kirks power.

This may be the best description of that photo ever. What woul Kirk's power be anyway?
Lady-pulling power?

Ability to win the no-win scenarios and to cheat death one more time?

Time travel? [Wink]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ability. To. Punctuate his speach. As he talks.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
soooooo.... *breaths deeply*

IS THE KELVIN A SALADIN CLASS OR WHAT????????
(i figured that would cause some discussion besides nuKirk's Libido [Big Grin] )

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, it's a dinner plate with a bridge and a ton of Star Wars model crap thrown on it. [Razz]

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I seem to recall a design (fandom or RPG?) which was just a saucer with a nacelle on top and a small secondary hull on the bottom.

-  -

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vanguard: Zing! :,)

Yes, I can't deny feeling a bit of Nabooian traits in the overall theme of TMP-A (even the parts that are burning, from Gospel of Attack of the Clones, Chapter one, verse three)

Vanguard
Member # 1780

Remind me to never, ever, ever click on an imageshack link again. Took my system down with all the ads and crap that were SUPPOSED to be blocked.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Hmm...no problems on this end. What browser were you using and how strict were your security settings?
Vanguard
Member # 1780

'medium', and IE 7.whateveritistoday ...

I checked for spyware just in case, it was definately a hit from imageshack. (You're not the only one to be so affected, I've noticed a LOT of sites getting worse and worse ads of late.)

Also, read the EW blurb on the new Trek...

The plot of the movie is to EXPLICITLY 'reset the canon', so that nothing from TOS onward ever happened.

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't we just accept that it is a different continuity altogether, like the many Transformers series? They all have similar backgrounds, with much of the history being the same, and many of the same characters ( and character histories for that matter), but they are accepted to be each a completely different "universe". I don't see why this couldn't apply to Trek as well. What we have known up untill now could be considered the "Trek Generation 1". This would also allow things like The Starfleet Museum continuity to be possible, without ignoring Enterprise and other series, as it could take place in a whole different universe.

If the movie doesn't murder what has been established as Trek gospel so far, I'd have no problem accepting the new movie as a sort of "Trek Generation 2". We wouldn't have to try to fit any of the redesigns into established continuity. Although, it would be fun to try and bend, and hypothesize, and ignore, to try and get this movie to fit into what we already know as Star Trek. [Wink]

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps