Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 13)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
out of his ass, mind you.

don't think they made a movie about that (yet), though i'm pretty sure... it's been Manga'ed, they make Manga about anything in japan...

LOL

"2. Harry - July 23, 2008
Nero is FutureGuy!"

hehe, actually THAT would be sick if that was true...

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I the only one that thinks his eyebrow and high forehead ridge (barely visible) resemble a Klingon?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...mix breed? Old School Klingon (wtf are they called? in Klingon?)

--------------------
*shrug* Ready, shoot, aim.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, now that you mention it, that, and his beard makes him look a bit like the Klingons as we saw them in TOS. Which, unless he was a time traveling Klingon, would make sense for the time period, and adhere to the canon established in Enterprise...

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keeping in mind that, from a continuity standpoint, no one in the Federation knew what Romulans looked like until "Balance of Terror." So if our pre-TOS series heroes see Nero, then they shouldn't know he's a Romulan. Would make sense that he's an agent though.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. If the Romulans wanted to keep annonymous, they could have just surgically altered his ears, and given him some tatoos to look like a member of a species that we don't yet know about. If he really is a Romulan that is.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://trekmovie.com/2008/08/09/vegascon-08-new-star-trek-movie-posters-with-four-new-cast-images/

Pegg and Urban are almost unrecognisable.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I can understand recasting the leads, but some of the actors don't even look much like the character they're portraying. At least Pine and Quinto look like Kirk and Spock ( as we know them), or look at least similar enough to the original actors that you could say that the new actors portray younger versions of the characters.

Still, I don't mind too much, as long as the movie itself isn't complete crap. If it is, the fact that some of the characters look completely different will just be an extra kick in the rear. We only have 9 months left to wait now anyway.

--------------------

-George Carlin

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pegg looks nothing like Scotty, Cho looks nothing like Sulu, and Yelchin looks nothing like Chekov...and Salanda looks *nothing* like Uhura. I don't really have an opinion about Pine, but Quinto I can believe as Spock (which came as a huge shock to me when I saw his poster). So, I agree, Sean - this better be a good movie or I'm going to be bitching a lot about poor casting B)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many times, it's not the actor's face but their actual *acting* that will bring across a convincing portrayal of a known character. So I wouldn't write them off just yet simply because they don't look absolutely perfect.
OverRon
Member # 2036

- posted      Profile for OverRon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks spookily like Alexander Siddig in one of those posters
Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought so, too.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of all the actors they've cast, I've always been impressed by their acting ability. I eagerly await their performances.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our cups runneth over: http://trekmovie.com/2008/10/15/more-star-trek-images-enterprise-crew-nero/

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also have a shot of the Kelvin under attack. The bridge looks...busy (with a notable lack gummi buttons, instead there appear to be touch screens(TOSCARS!)).
  This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps