Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?) (Page 23)

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  36  37  38   
Author Topic: The $poiler-$trewn $tar Trek Movie Rumour Di$cu$$ion Thread (Did I mention $poiler$?)
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, I keep forgetting what I've seen on which forums, but did you guys see this profile?
http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/showpost.php?p=2579751&postcount=45

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was done by Tom Servo over at Trek BBS. I think he based it off of that profile.

http://trekbbs.com/showpost.php?p=2281856&postcount=243

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa, those nacelles are friggin long. But then again, so where the nacelles on TOS big E.
Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely like the shape more from this angle. The recessed neck doesn't look nearly as bad from a side view. I'm not too sure about the look of the neck though. It seems to run the length of the hull instead of cutting off relatively close to the boundary of the saucer. Makes the ship look a bit more compact, me thinks.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Vanguard
Member # 1780

- posted      Profile for Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dunno.. never going to like a ship whose secondary hull is effectively an erect penis.

(Said largely because it will be impossible for anyone now to get that out of their minds.)

--------------------
www.pixelsagas.com
www.jaynz.info - The Record of Star Fleet

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Penis? To me it looked like a woman who's preggers.

Edit: And who has an umbrella sticking out her naval.

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I'd say it looks like a whale...

--------------------

-George Carlin

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A quote from Abrams on this website: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/11/star-trek-first.html has him saying, "If you're going to do Star Trek, there are many things you cannot change. The Enterprise is a visual touchstone for so many people. So if you're going to do the Enterprise, it better look like the Enterprise, because otherwise, what are you doing?"

And I'm saying he's a jackass for saying that and then fucking up the Enterprise.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

He was probably referring to the basic shape and not to specific details and nuisances that we associate with the TOS Enterprise. Or he is a jackass like you say.

[ November 12, 2008, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Mars Needs Women ]

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To 99.9% of the people in the world, it probably does look like the original Enterprise, and they wouldn't be able to tell if there were any differences. We just happen to associate with the remaining 0.1%.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

Here's something

http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/12/big-reaction-to-new-enterprise-new-designer-responds/

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was going to mention that link. One of the images posted there has a view of the new E, but with that awful 2ndary hull replaced by a more-TOS one:

-

I think it looks a lot better, which leads me to conclude that for me at least it really is the 2ndary hull which is the problem, rather than the nacelles.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. All those people that bitched the NX-01 looked too modern are rolling over in their graves.
Hell, they're playing Twister.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That secondary hull is going to look great when the ship is turning and rolling, people here simply haven't gotten a chance to get perspective yet, both figuratively and visually.

And I see they finally made an improvement over the original TMP-design I've asked for the past ten years, they inverted the tapering of the pylons so that they are thicker at the base than at the nacelle, so that it doesn't look like the Enterprise is wearing corny bell-bottoms (or crab legs) anymore, which would snap off at the least pressure put on them.

This ship has sexy yet un-Sovereigny curves, exactly the way that LEGO-themed NX-01 abortion didn't.

Teh PW
Self Impossed Exile (This Space for rent)
Member # 1203

- posted      Profile for Teh PW         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
That secondary hull is going to look great when the ship is turning and rolling, people here simply haven't gotten a chance to get perspective yet, both figuratively and visually.

And I see they finally made an improvement over the original TMP-design I've asked for the past ten years, they inverted the tapering of the pylons so that they are thicker at the base than at the nacelle, so that it doesn't look like the Enterprise is wearing corny bell-bottoms (or crab legs) anymore, which would snap off at the least pressure put on them.

This ship has sexy yet un-Sovereigny curves, exactly the way that LEGO-themed NX-01 abortion didn't.

[Razz] Nim. [Razz] as un-original the shape of NX-01 is, for the purpose of old (that includes the notion that ENT retcon's how the ships of Star Trek should look like) it fits. did you think ENT should have been populated by Kubrick looking Dadelus looking ships -or- (forgive me) all those 50's rocket ship designs that Masou Okazaki made in his gallery of Rom War era star trek?

but it's a given that JJ's Star Trek will Polarise the Trekkie Masses into extremes. which given that JJ isn't a trekkie himself, leaves me believing that JJ's laughing his ass off at all our viseral reactions, good and bad, to what teasers we've seen so far. REMEMBER, JJ's famous for bullshit stunts like this. it's angst and GREAT PR! a sure win if you want people to talk about a medium/property so much that they GOT'S to see it!

and by the way, with all these slightly different pics poping up (the so called mod's on that one article in trekmovie site'd earlier this thread, i'm no longer sure which pic is correct? do you mean to tell me that when you power up the JJ-Ent's nacelles, that's when the UPF stripes appear on the nacelles and secondary hull (the 1st pic posted here shows the outline but as grey color - more- intraweb trickery!)?

still have to look at the Kelvin to compare, that's the key, compare how differnent in decades ship designs change in JJ's eyes...

hub caps for bussard collectors, Indeed! at least NX-01 looked believable as a 2nd generation warp ship...

*huggles the Nim to tries to explain the brighter side to Ent and peguin pr0n with the Unreal Excessive pr0n mod* [Big Grin]

This topic comprises 38 pages: 1  2  3  ...  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ...  36  37  38   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps