Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Unseen frontier" (Page 17)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: "Unseen frontier"
Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the damaged ships links - they were perfect!
Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MOJO NEEDS IMAGE CAPTURE PRODUCTION ASSISTANT!

Ok, so maybe you're not a model builder but you still would like to help out with "The Unseen Frontier."

I need some serious help with screen captures from a whole bunch of episodes (mostly Next Gen & Voyager, some DS9). I'm using them to do the initial layout for the book, but right now I have so many other things to do, I can't find the time to sit with a VHS machine and grab frames.

If anyone out there is good at capping high quality images (640X480) and has good sources for the episodes (preferably commercially released tapes, but I'll take what I can get) please let me know if you're interested in helping the cause!

In return you will receive credit in the book and a free copy. I will also throw in a copy of Starship Spotter and a 2001 Ships of the Line calendar, which is impossible to find anymore.

I may also be able to pay a bit of money (a hundred or two) because I don't want anyone to work for free, but that depends on how many folks actually end up pitching in. I'd prefer to have one person do it all for consistancy's sake.

Please let me know!

Thanks
Mojo

PS: If it comes down to someone willing to do the work but they don't have the eps, I may be able to arrange for Pocket Books to loan them the tapes.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll do it in a heartbeat, but I live in Canada where international laws may be tricky for this sort of thing (being paid, that is). If we can work around that sort of thing, I'd be happy to help out.

And if I can't, I hope you'll grant me an "E" for effort. Can I have a free copy of the book anyway? [Smile]

Mark

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mojo
Member # 536

What the hell kind of law prevents you from doing freelance work???
MrNeutron
Member # 524

- posted      Profile for MrNeutron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mojo:
For the new Romulan ship, I'm working with some of Trek's most seasoned designers (as will be the case with all new models).

Who, I ain't saying!

Well, it oughta be Andy "Warbird" Probert. [Smile] And I ain't saying that just cause he's my pal!

--------------------
"Well, I mean, it's generally understood that, of all of the people in the world, Mike Nelson is the best." -- ULTRA MAGNUS, steadfast in curmudgeon

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahh... If it's freelancing, it's probably fine then. I was confuzzling myself with more official work classifications, which have given friends of mine headaches in the past. You know I once had to become an employee of a high-school so I could do some design work for them?

Contact me, let's talk about it. [Smile]

[Oops, you already have. Thanks, man - let us wreak magic together]

Mark

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo: I thought I should mention that your welcome to use my hopper design, if you like it, and it won't even cost you a dime! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ On that same note, you are more than allowed to use some of our ASDB stuff [Wink] .

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some more damaged ships:

Ambassador
Constitution Refit
Defiant
Defiant 2
Defiant and Warbird
Defiant aftermath
Defiant First Contact
Jem'Hadar
Equinox
Excelsior
Odyssey
Klingons In Pieces
Miranda (TWoK)
Oberth (Hero Worship)

In 'The Continuing Mission' I think... there is a model pic of this with all the decks exposed.

Raven
Warbird and co.
DS9
Spacedock-Ent
Syndey

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Oberth link goes to the E-C pic.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Fixed*

Mojo... I had another idea - in the Art of Star Trek book there are a series of Story-boards by Andy Probert detailing a possible saucer separation of the E(Refit)... this could be something really cool to see with the actual ship - not just (hand) drawings.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Mojo... Another idea - more of the beautiful Olympic class!!

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: AndrewR ]

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ The Olympic Class rulez! [Big Grin]

To boldy ask what no-one has asked before: which CGI models do you have at your disposal at the moment, if you are allowed/willing to tell us (spoiler-wise)?
I assume at least all the ones from the Spotter, and you have already named the the Ambassador, the Oberth and (some of) Franz Joseph's designs and the New Orleans (just wet my pants again).
I think it's a safe bet to say you also have access to the First Contact models (plus perhaps the Scout from Insurrection) and the ships from VOY. The Enterprise models are probably off-limits (for exclusiveness' sake).
Any more obscure ships in the docks? You said someone was reworking the Galaxy.. is digital kitbashing as easy as old-fashioned budget-saving kitbashing? Combining the New Orleans and the Galaxy you could probably throw together some more Wolf 359 shippies [Smile] . Messing around with Excelsior could give some of the DS9TM Frankensteins, although they are not quite anyone's favorite.
Whatever DID happen with that Norway mesh? We never saw it again after FC. Was it deleted? Lost? Did it went on strike? Did it quit it's job and started presenting quizshows

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mojo
Member # 536

We never received a model for the Norway, so lost in the ether is stays.

We got the models of the Akira, Sabre and Steamrunner after FC, but the Akira was by far the only model really worth showing again (I'm speaking strictly technically - the quality of the model was worth bringing it back).

The list of models I have is quite extensive - technically, anything ever used in Trek is at my disposal, since I'm working on an official product. If I wanted, I could have the physical models dragged out of their crates so I could photograph them instead of doing CGI, but that would be very impractical and expensive. Those union guys get a lot of money for hauling those crates around!

The new models I have made will really come from what I need to serve the story. The ones I mentioned are needed not just for Wolf 359, but for other chapters I have planned where they need to be seen.

I should be getting my notes from Paramount tomorrow, so I'll know a lot more about where the book stands. Inevitably, they will ask for cuts and changes - it remians to be seen how extensive they are!

Keep your fingers crossed for me, folks!

Mojo

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Oh no the Norway is LOST!?! Who did you get the models off - was it the people who did FC? Was that ILM? This could be another major topic - the tracking down and retrieval of the Norway!!!!!!!!

Mojo, if you were given free range of stuff - were you given a list of what exists in crates!?! A list of the Frankenstiens from "A Call to Arms"!?! What the Deneva actually is!?!

Andrew

--------------------

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  24  25  26   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps