Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 18)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you probably use the buttons to put in things like smileys and link tags too, don't you?
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"How's that for a cutting remark?!"

Poor.

"You should really learn how to quote in your posts (the quote symbol in the top center of another person's post)."

Thank you. I don't know most of these things, as I am new.

"Well that's unfortunate since I have no proof (it was... an intra-family affair)."

That you would like to be called by your internet user name amongst your family is about the worst thing ever.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Everybody doesn't seem to recognize jokes here."

Irony.

"or should I?"

NO YOU SHOULD NOT NEUTRINO ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THREE

Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for Defiantly Running About     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well here I thought this site was an intelligent sci-fi forum. Come to find out its a chatline for bitching and insulting! For a group of middle schoolers no less. What's the world coming to. *anticipating the intellectually sterile responses and 'burns'*

--------------------
Silent enim leges inter arma.

Ayre
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for Ayre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, for simple informative sake, I've been reading these forums every day since it was part of the old Behaviour Group. I think it's safe to say I'm familiar with the practices and styles of the various forum members. I've been here longer than half the members have been, I simply didn't post because most things I would have said eventually got said anyway. My point is, simply, why is it almost necessity for each thread to degenerate into a series of near-pointless argument. Concurrently to that, while I will agree most noobs have the posting ability of your average chimpanzee, some do make valid comments, and shouldn't be hazed simply for being new.

--------------------
Wit is educated insolence

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Burns? Rad!

Maybe radical. I am unaware of the situations which cause the suffix to be added.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Do ye like Burns?"
"Aye."
"Then hold this poker for me."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
And you probably use the buttons to put in things like smileys and link tags too, don't you?

Um...and if I do?

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus 321:
"How's that for a cutting remark?!"

Poor.

"You should really learn how to quote in your posts (the quote symbol in the top center of another person's post)."

Thank you. I don't know most of these things, as I am new.

"Well that's unfortunate since I have no proof (it was... an intra-family affair)."

That you would like to be called by your internet user name amongst your family is about the worst thing ever.

Poor? Ha! It was an excellent statement! In addition, Neutrino 123 is not just my internet user name. I would change my name to that, but then everyone might get the idea that I was insane [Big Grin] ...especially since most of the people I meet are physicists.
I see your have changed your user name to a superior one due to attached numeric designation.

Disclaimer: Anyone who mistypes my name is foolish.

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Neutron 456, why would anyone ever get the idea that you're insane?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Member # 239

"Poor? Ha! It was an excellent statement! In addition, Neutrino 123 is not just my internet user name. I would change my name to that, but then everyone might get the idea that I was insane ...especially since most of the people I meet are physicists."

You sadden me.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Come to find out its a chatline for bitching and insulting!"

Well, the fact is, we're a relatively closed community. Those of us who have been around for a while usually understand each other. And if someone new shows up, and they don't "get it", or they feel insulted, and they decide not to stay around... well, honestly, they aren't typically missed.

So, if you really can't handle a few jokes being thrown at you, you'll probably continue to overreact, and that will likely cause even more jokes. And thus, a vicious cycle begins.

Oh, and calling us "middle schoolers" isn't going to make us behave or feel insulted. We say worse to each other.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just love the implication that the only reason he doesn't legally change his name to Neutrino123 is because then the other physicists would tease him.

If Flare had a Quote Of The Month that'd be it. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I move that we allow a quote of the month.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Member # 239

"We say worse to each other."

ur a fag

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find that a bit much. Using homosexuality as an insult, jokeingly or not shouldn't be accepted any more than raceism.
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps