Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 17)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I KNOW WHAT IT IS!!!! I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT!!!!

O'Brien and Bashir weren't talking about how the Klingon's looked different because of their ridges... that wasn't it at all. They were talking about their uniforms, they looked so gay in them! O'Brien and Bashir were having a hard time understanding what was going on so they asked Worf... and then Worf said that "We don't talk about it." Why did he say that, BECAUSE they were gay! At least, everyone on Kang's crew save for Kang himself... unless she was just a trophy wife.

But why didn't the TOS folks recognize Worf as a Klingon? Because they were so used to the gay Klingons that they couldn't tell, and they just figured him for one of the many trader species that were new to the Federation's commerce.

Com'on it's so obvious now.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I have posted occasionally on 3 forums before, but never has anyone commented on my signature until I joined this forum.

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
"Someone did that once...the next five minutes caused them to never do it again. Murhahahaha!"

No.

No what? Do you question the accuracy of my statement?

quote:
Originally posted by Futurama Guy:
[QB] "ru gay?"

No. Where did that come from?

By the way, does anyone know if the Enterprise-J is an actual model or if it was just a 2-D illustration for one scene? I really like that ship. [Smile]

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Guardian 2000:
HE'S F***ING BLUE!!!

This mos eloquently put point is probably the most important. A scaled down/cheaper Reman design is one thing, but I hardly thing it's cheaper to make the eyes RED instead of yellow and the skin "F***ING BLUE". I'd wager red contacts cost as much as yellow ones, and that yellow/green is equally cheap as "F***ING BLUE!" tint. [Smile]
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
One thing that I've noticed in novels and such is reference to the ridges on a Klingon's forehead somehow being a sign of his family. Maybe its possible that the ridges are some kind of advanced surgery, so that members of a family can be recognized? Of course, this theory could only work if Kurn and Worf's ridges were the same.

And they are the same. Along with Alexander's. Likewise, I think the various members of the Duras family have similar ridges.

Oooh, that's something someone can do...check and see if Ent Duras has the same ridges as TNG Duras. If he doesn't it's easily explainable, but it would be interesting if they are the same.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"No what? Do you question the accuracy of my statement?"

Yes.

Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for Defiantly Running About     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously, now, FuturamaGuy, UltraMagunes, and Neutrino123 seem to be in a catfight or Jr High insult ralley, while the rest of us are actually TALKING ABOUT TREK. Does it bother anyone else that within a thread that started out with an intelligent discussion, we end up with posts like "ru gay?" Come on, people, take it outside.

--------------------
Silent enim leges inter arma.

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I've gotten used to it! So, how 'bout that Nazi, eh?

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, Defiantly Running About, I will totally listen to you! Go to bed, child.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right.

We really need to raise the minimum age requirements around here.

That, or a curfew.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"What's the point of being an adult if you can't act childish sometimes?"

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Defiantly Running About
Member # 1216

- posted      Profile for Defiantly Running About     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Childlike and childish are two different things.

And, why are people thinking blue alien nazi guy is a Reman? He doesn't look anything like a Reman. He looks more Benzite than anything, but he doesn't seem to be a species we've heard of before. And yet, people keep coming up with insane reasons and circuitous explanations for how it could be a Reman - but why? Why does everyone desperately want a Reman in Enterprise? That would screw up continuity even MORE - Nemesis was the first time they'd really seen Remans; they hardly knew anything about them.

--------------------
Silent enim leges inter arma.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You = very childlike
Us = very childish.

Okay, Benzite over Reman, yeah that must be it.

--------------------

Ayre
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for Ayre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wasn't that a delightful spot of rubbish. Honestly, while certain arguments are amusing and..somewhat related to...something, this really has become jibberish. As for the childlike vs. Childish discussion, what was the point of all that? While I might not agree with the arguments either side is making, Defiantly Running About does make some logical inferences and isn't just randomly uttering nonsense (as one might expect from a child), so I think the lable as being childlike is undeserved there. As for the content of all the above arguments, well that's another issue entirely.

--------------------
Wit is educated insolence

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Evidently you are still catching on to the nuances that make Flare, well, Flare. If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

--------------------

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Defiantly Running About:
Seriously, now, FuturamaGuy, UltraMagunes, and Neutrino123 seem to be in a catfight or Jr High insult ralley, while the rest of us are actually TALKING ABOUT TREK. Does it bother anyone else that within a thread that started out with an intelligent discussion, we end up with posts like "ru gay?" Come on, people, take it outside.

Did you actually read my previous posts? They all contribute something to the discussion (besides this one). Everybody doesn't seem to recognize jokes here. Maybe I'll go post in the Series ? topic.

That said, I still think I should respond to posts directed at me (or should I? [Smile] ).

quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
"No what? Do you question the accuracy of my statement?"

Yes.

Well that's unfortunate since I have no proof (it was... an intra-family affair).
You should really learn how to quote in your posts [Razz] (the quote symbol in the top center of another person's post). How's that for a cutting remark?!

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps