Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 3)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next season Archer should wake up in the German Hospital, look in the mirror and see that he's really someone else...

A friend and I were orginally thinking that somehow someone has gone back to change time and that Archer and Enterprise have arrived in a currant time/alternate Earth, one still fighting WW2. But the more I think about it the less likely this seems since technology would have advanced somewhat in the several hundred years of war.

Whatever it is, I expect that they have to live with it for several episodes before everything is fixed since B&B said they were going to use short story arches in the fourth season.

Despite not really explaining why the Intrepid and Iceland weren't there, I sort of glad they didn't since I doubt they would have faired well against the Reptilians. Even Shran's ship was beaten up pretty badly from the fight.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...The Suliban wanted to get Archer out of the way dealing with the Xindii to do something weird to Earth..."

And the producers say: "'Suliban'? Who are they?"

newark
Member # 888

- posted      Profile for newark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are there pictures of these WW 2 era airplanes on the internet, yet?
Boult
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Boult     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
guys, when Enterprise arrived back to Earth after riding inside Aquatic Ship and the Aquatic went back.

Did you notice that Degra's and Shran's Ships are not visible anywhere upon Enterprise's arrival. They were no where to be seen in the last few minutes after explosions.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm...they arrived back to Enterprise on Degras ship...it likely went on its merry way as Enterprise hitched a ride on the Aquatics ship. That explains the absense of Degras ship. Shran could have easily beeen back on his way to Andor and may return when he figures out things are out of place...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that ending was certainly weird...

Like everybody else, I've been trying to figure out exactly what's going on with the ending. I've got several wacky crazy nutty theories at this time:

Wacky Crazy Nutty Theory #1

They didn't go back in time. They are still in the 22nd Century. Why is everything so messed up, then? Archer and Co. just seriously messed with the timeline. Maybe.

Daniels' timeline thus far appears to be the "correct" one. Formation of the Federation and whatnot. In Daniels' timeline, the Delphic Expanse continues to grow, the Sphere-Builders invade in the 26th Century, and are defeated by the Federation.

Except that Archer and Co. destroyed the Spheres and eliminated the Delphic Expanse. Which means that, amongst other things, that history has just been altered for everybody who comes afterwards. Daniels, Future Guy, even the Sphere-Builders. Which means that the Temporal Cold War just totally changed, if it even exists now. Which means the past has more than likely been altered as well.

Also, there has apparantly been no time travel. The Xindi-Aquatic vessel (from the 22nd Century) dropped Enterprise off in Sol System, and no wacky anomalies happened between then and Earth. Mr. Mayweather has not commented on the changed positions of stars, as he so readily did in "E2" when time travel took place.

There are two problems with this theory, though. First, we "know" that the Delphic Expanse does not exist in the future. Otherwise, you'd think Kirk, Picard, etc. would have mentioned it, as the Delphic Expanse would be bigger later on. Second, it doesn't account for Archer's appearance on Nazi Reman Earth, or why nobody from Enterprise has been affected by the changes in the timeline.

Wacky Crazy Nutty Theory #2

This one's much shorter.

They did time travel. But nobody noticed it. This begs several questions, though.

Why did nobody notice it? If "E2" is any indication, Mayweather would notice. Heck, he should have noticed when flying that low over San Francisco. He and Reed apparantly saw enough of Starfleet Command that they were going to land there until shot at.

And what of the Xindi-Aquatic vessel? Is it in the 22nd Century or 20th Century?

Wacky Crazy Nutty Theory #3

Enterprise is in the 22nd Century, Archer is in the 20th. Quite possible. But that doesn't solve the above problems any.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be fractures in the timeline like that one Voyager episode "Shattered".

Perhaps because the Delphic Expanse was innundated with whatever the Spherebuilders were making out of it and the weapon was engulfed by spherebuilder magic last episode - both the weapon and the Expanse were somehow immune to timechanges and/or are operating independant to 'normal time'.

Say, like the Expanse was unaffected or affected opposite to the rest of the universe as a result of the Spherebuilders final assault as well as the collapse of the network, the composition of the Expanse combined with 'the weapon' - which seems to essentially be a 'time bomb', exploded.

This also brings up the point about 'where were the Earth ships?'. You would think that Earth would have been effectively fortified, at least defended in the way we saw in last seasons finale. Yes, we did see an orbital station, but conveniently no one responded to the hails. Earth may have already been affected before the Xindi even showed up.

As far as it still being the 22ndC, it is rather odd that 20thC aircraft were still roaming the skies. WWII was all about great advances in technology...and with it lasting an additional 200 or so years, it somehow seems wrong that the advance in aircraft design remained stagnent.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Downright implausible, even.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm going to vote for Krenim's Wacky Theory #2. Given the rather instantaneous nature of time travel that we've seen on the show so far -- e.g. walking from one room to another and finding yourself in a different time -- it's possible that things were changed and nobody noticed because they were too busy thinking about getting home. Contrast that with E^2, where they immediately needed to check their position after emerging from the wormhole.

Dan's Crazy Wacky Nutty Theory

When the spheres were eliminated, they ceased to exist in the timeline, a la "Twilight". Thus, the last 1,000 years of interstellar history have been changed. However, that might only explain the presence of the Nazi alien, but not much else. It certainly wouldn't explain the major similarities -- that would have to be almost purely coincidental -- between the two time periods (i.e. "our" 20th century and the alternate 22nd century/WWII-like era).

I think I'd just much rather believe that the NX-01 got thrown back in time to the 20th century. But that doesn't explain the presence of the alien. Argh!

So does that mean that they got thrown back to the 20th century AND altered history? *sigh* I give up.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the ep yet, but it very much reminds me of Sliders...

It also occurs to me that this could somehow figure into the unusually large number (i.e. more than 0) of Earth clones from TOS, but I'm not sure how.

Or we've got our first Enterprise mirror universe ep...

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say that the explosion of the weapon and the collapse of the spheres in the Delphic Expanse caused temporal changes. When the network collapsed, I saw the aliens that were walking into walls and disrupting the energy systems on NX-01 dissipate and scream into agony when the networked caved in. An energy feedback might have overloaded the technology and computers that manage their timetravel abilities and cause a cascade failure which resulted into why the fucking hell a Blue Reman is wearing a Nazi uniform and why WWII planes are flying over 22nd Century San Francisco... and it is 22nd Century SF I saw.

I'm sorry but is it me or is it Valentine's Day when the episode took place?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
T'Pol says February 14 2152 . . . this is clearly an error, since that would place the episode at the end of season one.

We'd already experienced April of 2153 toward the end of the second season, so this must've been 2154. 2154 + 7 = 2161.

I know this particular sub-topic's a couple of pages old, but it was bugging me. :-)

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay.. that certainly was unexpected.

I'll skip the boring tech, and go right to the WW2 thing.

- Where there really fighter planes on hot standby above American cities during WW2?

- The alien dude seems to be the superior officer (see here).

- I doubt he's actually a Reman. He doesn't really look like any familiar species.

So.. WTF happened?

Possibility 1:
Archer and his crew were transported to the 20th century by Nazi-Aliens. These Nazi-Aliens have the same powers as Daniels (instant timetravel). They are a player in the Temporal War, and probably want to affect the outcome of WW2.

Problems:
- Aliens in the SS.. He didn't look very Aryan to me. And no-one seemed to be bothered by a big blue alien walking around. What's going on here?
- Why the Enterprise? Perhaps the Enterprise was transported by Daniels, while ARcher was transported by Nazi-Aliens.

Ehm.. I have to go now.. �'ll be back soon.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know what the woman whispered to the man prior to the Alien Nazi showing up? My German's a little rusty, as I don't understand a single word of it.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have screencaps of this bad boy been posted anywhere yet?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps