Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am Young and Insane and require your validation. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: I am Young and Insane and require your validation.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you! I was going to make a joke about that! And it was going to be funnier than what you said! *L*

BTW, a runtime error is simply one that happens when the program is running, as opposed to when it's being compiled.

------------------
We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.
"Wowsers!"
-Star Trek: Series ?: "A Pair o' Docs, part II"

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lee: Thats very strange, I didn't know I was an englishman.

But really, Sol, you have some great story ideas and from what I've read of your Dirk Tungsten stuff, you can really make a good short storyteller.

As far as ICQ is concerned, just forget about it. ICQ sucks since AOL got a hold of Mirabilis.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His 'guy in love with the popcorn girl at the movie theater' is a thinly veiled bio-short story.

------------------
I should've known you were the only one stupid enough to kidnap you! Now get down here so I can spank you in front of this gawking rabble
~ C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha! I should be so lucky.

"...from what I've read of your Dirk Tungsten stuff, you can really make a good short storyteller..."

Thanks! But, uh...Tungsten is supposed to be a novel.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But it isn't. Three chapters do not constitute a novel. They usually constitute the unfinished term assignment of a creative writing dropout, so don't act like you're so special. So the score is:

SOL: 0
US: 1

When it comes to interpreting the intentions of your unfinished dilly-dallyings.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No I meant that literally, your writing suggests common symptoms of people who feels their in a position of inferior stature. I meant quite literally that you'd be a good short storyteller.

------------------
A student once asked the Master: "Master, what are the teachings of a lifetime?"
The Master replied: "An appropriate statement."
-From the Writings of Shinsei, the True Tao.

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Mr. Solomon System has a wee problem with actually finishing what he starts out to do.

------------------
I should've known you were the only one stupid enough to kidnap you! Now get down here so I can spank you in front of this gawking rabble
~ C. Montgomery Burns

Antagonist
Member # 484

A problem I share with him.

Actually its not that I don't finish it, I just suddenly realize things can be complete without being finished. Yeah, that must be it.

Or sudden absence of interest. Sound familiar, Sol?

------------------
A student once asked the Master: "Master, what are the teachings of a lifetime?"
The Master replied: "An appropriate statement."
-From the Writings of Shinsei, the True Tao.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

However, the three available chapters are not the only chapters that exist. They are merely the only chapters I am willing to share. When I am finished, if I ever finish, and when I am convinced I have made the book as unsucky as I know how, I will attempt to sucker some Moroccan publishing house into paying me money for it. This is, admittedly, a rather pie in the sky fantasy, but what isn't?

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*just recovers from the convulsions*

He's from Swindon? GA, YOU BASTARD!

Yeah, well no-one really comes from Swindon anyway, they're just Bristolians desperately trying to prove themselves different.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #3

What a stupid place to plant a fucking tree - Marc Bolan

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol: Validation? VALIDATION? You have half these guys preaching about the prodigious size of your genitalia, what more validation do you need?!

------------------
"Philosophy is written in this grand book - I mean universe-which stands continuously
open to our gaze, but which cannot be understood unless one first learns to
comprehend the language in which it is written. It is written in the language
of mathematics, and its characters are triangles, circles and other geometric
figures, without which it is humanly impossible to understand a single word
of it; without these, one is wandering about in a dark labyrinth."
Galileo (1623)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm confused now. Whose boyfriend comes from Bristol?

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: I thought he was yours.

Is Bristol in Swindon?

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might as well be in Bristol, I mean what purpose do they have? The only useful thing they've ever produced is Melinda Messenger.

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #3

What a stupid place to plant a fucking tree - Marc Bolan

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So -- wait, does Liam have a boyfriend or not?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.27 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with four eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"The candidate who slimed John McCain in the primaries and smeared Al Gore in the general election is now the president who pledges to elevate the nation's tone and bring civility to our discorse. Kind of like Michael Corleone brought peace to the mob by killing the heads of the other four families."
--Paul Begala, Is Our Children Learning?

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps