Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » I am Young and Insane and require your validation. (Page 4)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: I am Young and Insane and require your validation.
Orion Syndicate
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!
Member # 25

- posted      Profile for Orion Syndicate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if I make some inocuous comment about how shit and morally bankrupt the Satan occupied US of A is, and assuming that I was actually joking I'd have to use a or ?

Fuck it!

------------------
The Worlds Ten Greatest 'Fucks' #4

Of course I'll fucking beat Tyson 'arry! - Frank Bruno

[This message has been edited by Orion Syndicate (edited March 08, 2001).]

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I accidently swallowed my retainer. Oops.........

~LOA

------------------
"Apprently, "pooty" involves deities and pretty girls in compromising positions..." ~TSN Jan. 18th, 2001

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, had I been here at the begining of this thread, my advice would have been to finish the degree ASAP. Looks like you are doing that, and to follow up, I'd say going to the UK would be a good plan. And then become a writer.

quote:

This is, admittedly, a rather pie in the sky fantasy, but what isn't?

Win, lose or draw, always eat the pie.

------------------
I DO NOT ENJOY BOTH GENDERS!!!
Ultra Magnus

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you have to keep in mind that people who live in the US don't live in England, by definition. :-)

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
". . . there's some corner of a foreign field
That is forever England. . ."

- Rupert Brooke (1887 - 1915)

Depends, you got any corners of fields over there?

------------------
Ross: This is not good for my rage. *takes another pill*

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, but you guys have New England, and people live there, making them New Englanders, and Englanders nonetheless.

HAHA!

ME: 1
YOU: 0

Everyone is British. That's where we came from. Moses was Cockney.

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Two classes and four short stories to write and you're COMPLAINING? Look, that problem with the short attention span is a Gemini thing. I have it, too, but school forces me to actually get things done. If you really want to do something you like, bear with these two classes for a while until you can go somewhere and take stuff you want. Buy some books on novel writing. They'll all tell you, the best way to combat laziness is to write three pages a day, everyday. No more, no less. This presumably will become a habit if you keep at it, but that hasn't happened to me yet since I'm still stuck trying to come up with a good story. That and I don't really write fast, but YOU do, so three pages isn't that much for you, is it? But do buy a couple of books on creative writing, because there are many mistakes that make you stand out as an amateur, and with these writing guides you don't have to learn from too many rejections.

Or you can apply to be a game tester. The going rate is 15 bucks an hour.

------------------
"Censoring the Internet is like putting a toll booth at the bottom of the ocean."

--Celia Pearce, The Interactive Book

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good advice.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover."

--Mark Twain

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Idea!!

------------------
"I WANT A POST VOY SERIES STAR TREK ORIGINAL MESSAGE WAS LOOKING FORWARD NOT LOOKING BACK."

-Darkstar

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited March 08, 2001).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM: I thought the same thing, but then I realized "Good advice" was a reference downward, not upward. Unless Diane is really DARKSTAR, and she's try to drop us a clue... *L*

And no, we don't have any fields in the US. The last one was turned into a strip mall in 1987.

------------------
"...I know this board in secret, intimate ways which are beyond your comprehension.... Let's just say that people should *not* be telling me what to do; it should always be the other way around."
-"Red Quacker", conspiracy theorist and contemporary lunatic

Member # 239

I realized that after I posted as well. Still, your post would make no sense if I removed it, so I won't.

------------------

-Darkstar

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think what Simon is trying to say with the validation thing, he really just wants his ticket punched. 8)

*sits back to watch as THAT bit of innuendo goes over everyone's heads*

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I barely got it.

And I'd like to complain that the short attention span is a Gemini thing. I'm a Virgo, and my attention span is so short that I've had to come back to the computer three times oper the space of 2 hours just to type this.

Simon's short attention span is not caused by him being a Gemini. It's caused by him being a fat lazy arse.

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

Antagonist
Member # 484

- posted      Profile for Antagonist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get his ticket punched? You mean: cash in his meal ticket?

Liam, I'm a virgo as well!
Perhaps Gemeni and virgos are doomed to live a life of short attention spans.

------------------
A student once asked the Master: "Master, what are the teachings of a lifetime?"
The Master replied: "An appropriate statement."
-From the Writings of Shinsei, the True Tao.

Lee
Member # 393

Sorry, what were you saying? 8)

------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps