Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » How does the Bible contradict itself? (Page 8)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: How does the Bible contradict itself?
MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, fully loaded bible.... leather seats too

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Eclipse
Member # 472

- posted      Profile for Eclipse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yes, I know Omega's *asking* for his beliefs to be demolished; the question is, would he truly be a 'better'/'happier' person if they were? Don't get me wrong, I disagree with big-O almost the whole way; I just don't want to take him (or anyone) to bits for the sheer hell of it.
MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no, we mean he's literally asking, look:
quote:

Author Topic: How does the Bible contradict itself?
Omega
Shrapnel Addressed to "Occupant"
Posted April 27, 2001 10:17 AM from 216.80.152.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well?
------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to point out that, a) Omega's quote of me is out of context to this discussion, and b) He's not.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff's right. I'm asking for you to TRY to demolish my beliefs.

I apologize for the tardiness of my return to this thread. I've been unusually busy for the last couple days. I'd hoped to have time to continue my response to DT tonight, but I had to spend two hours helping my dad install some new web software. Oh, well. Maybe tomorrow, if all goes well. And if anyone's still interested. It looks like DT may have left again, and if no one else wants to hear what I have to say, I may as well not waste my time.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Provoking people into finding flaws in your faith and bible, just to show'em how perfect it is, is proud and subsequently arrogant. How can you not see this, Omega?

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's only arrogance if you're wrong.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omega said I was right.

I said Omega wasn't right.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omega: Nope. Who gave you that idea?

------------------

Nim
Member # 205

Oh, I see. You where thinking of "It's only wrong if you get caught".
Aren't they slippery, them proverbs?

------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omega: You do realize that you're the only one here who agrees w/ yourself, right? Hell, people reading this thread have probably realized there were biblical contradictions they didn't even know about. I know I have.

So, just because you still think you're right, it doesn't mean you've won. Everyone else thinks you're wrong.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

MC Infinity
Member # 531

As of yet technology is not sufficient to increase people's IQ, so it is pretty obvious that there are a lot of people that you can't convince, but that doesn't mean they're right.

------------------

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've never heard of a book before?

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Arrogance has got very little to do with actually being right or wrong. It's got everything to do with attitude. You may be right all the time, but, to quote a wise man, "nobody likes a smart-arse".

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, gee, peole like me..... I can't help the fact that they've all seemed to have bumped their heads...

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps