Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » post your desktop! (Page 11)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: post your desktop!
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been going through new wallpapers for my computer, and here's one I've absolutely fallen in love with:

Nano Misery

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*adds themexp.org to Favorites*

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Click this link and download the patch.

Run the exe.

Go to C:\windows\system32\dllcache (to reach this folder you'll probably have to type out the address in the windows explorer location bar).

Locate "uxtheme.dll" in this folder and rename it "uxtheme.bak".

In C:\windows\system32, also rename "uxtheme.dll" to "uxtheme.bak". Right next to it should be "uxtheme.pat", the file which was created by the .exe you ran a minute ago.

Rename the .pat to "uxtheme.dll", answer "cancel" then "yes" to any warnings from Windows and reboot.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that's who the scary lady on Michael's desktop is...
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
there's a scary man on my desktop

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's just your reflection.
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never trusted my reflection.. and i never will.. i can never forgive it.. for the death of my boy
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN, it was either taking a screencap with Kylie Minogue playing or ST2: TWOK. Frankly, I can't ever get a good screencap of Khan with his big plastic chest.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that Montalbahn claimed that was his real chest? It scares me either way.

I'd post my desktop, but I've just recently (ie, last night) installed Windows XP, and so I'm likely to spend the rest of the week cowering in fear of my computer. Everything is just so...rounded...

Seems to load quicker though. Although that could be due to the new 7600 rpm 80 gig hard drive I threw in. And I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids and your pesky out of date BIOS that couldn't handle 80gig hard drives! Grr.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're afraid of curves? Explains a lot.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, very droll.

No, I like the curves, and the chunkiness of it all (quiet you). But things are in different places! I've already switched to the classic Start menu, but I don't want to put everything back to it's Win 98 form. It would just make the whole thing a bit...redundent.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it wouldn't. There's more to an OS than the way it looks. You didn't buy Windows 98 so you could restart in DOS mode, now did you?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Er, no. Although your example is backwards. I'm NOT putting it into classic windows mode, so comparing it to running DOS in Win 98 is wrong, because I'm not doing the comparitive.

And yeah, I know it's a lot different. NT core, more stable, better support for monkeys, newness, blah blah blah. Which is all nice, but I want it to LOOK different too. I want people to see my desktop and phEAr mE!!!!

Best effect: Fading to grey when you change themes/log off

Second best effect: Drop shadow on mouse pointer. Should have done it years ago.

Sucks that you can't change the size of the quick launch bar though. Or am I missing something? Or is there a better way to, er, launch stuff? Quickly?

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: Right click task bar, select "Lock Task Bar". It probably has a check mark beside it.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Cheers!

I'm still twice as good as you though. Nyah.

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps