Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Unseen frontier" (Page 11)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: "Unseen frontier"
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reverend, you don't have to be condescending - I'm just throwing out ideas... there was nothing FANBOYISH in those suggestions... just 'unseen' stuff. Just throwing out ideas - people could build on them - not just dismiss them like you did. Building on the start of your idea - an exterior shot of the ISS Enterprise would be interesting... would it have that 'Earth and Dagger' logo? Would it be so 'spick and span' white - or would it be a little more... dirty!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That wasn't condesending, that was plain old taking the piss. Its really fun actually...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its been a while since I saw 'mirror mirror'
were there any exterior shots of the ISS Enterprise? if so then I'd say that she look absolutley identical to the the normal one.

I was actually thinking of what a mirror refit connie could look like...all battle scared and covered in spam.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what I remember, there was only one exterior footage of the ISS Enterprise and it was stock footage of the Enterprise in either her "The Cage" or "WNMHGB" appearance. So we know there was a difference in design between the two Enterprises.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no no! It was not reused footage! It was brand new footage, shot just for that episode. And it featured...the Enterprise orbiting the planet in the opposite direction! The opposite direction!! Needless to say, that episode put many a poor fan into the hospital for a few days.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

How shocking! Who knew that 60's TV series were so lavish in their attention to detail and special effects.

--------------------

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I think it was stock footage. They just flipped the negative around, so it looks new.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarcasm.

Ahhhh. Such a wonderful thing. And so sad for people who just don't 'get it.'

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Erm... If they flipped the negative, the nacelle would read "1071-CCN", except w/ the letters themselves also backward.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But they did *have* negative transfers, I think it's somewhere on the IDIC page...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That wasn't condesending, that was plain old taking the piss.

That's OK then. ;o)

--------------------

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, if memory serves, they did a number of shots of the original series Enterprise with the reg numbers painted *backwards*, so they could later flip the frame and make it appear as if the ship was going the other way. It may have been because only half the model was properly completed, but I may not be remembering that part correctly.

As far as details about the book goes, you probably shouldn't be checking the floor for spilled beans quite yet. Especially since the outline is not fully approved and it may yet change!

On the other hand, if any of you want to come out to LA in mid February, there's a convention called Galiffrey that I do every year. I plan to premiere ALL the images from the 2003 calendar there, as well as talk about the book and probably show some advance pics as well. I'll probably also have some of the guys from Foundation come out and talk about Enterprise!

And please keep up with the suggestions, they really are great food for thought. If you all pay close attention to the questions I'm asking on here, you may yet deduce what will be between the covers :-)

Mojo

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: Mojo ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It may have been because only half the model was properly completed, but I may not be remembering that part correctly

The reason they could only film the ship from one side is because the cables for the lights 'n' stuff were on the other side.

http://members.aol.com/IDICPage/ReversedDecal.html

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Another suggestion: A pic with the Defiant's landing struts being used... maybe inside a Mushroom spacedock... or how about some sort of platform a la the Couruscant docking platforms from The Phantom Menace (not to copy... just the idea of it [Smile] )

That would allow an atmosphere shot.

Tom Paris being given lessons by his father in an old J-type shuttle craft?? Did I dream this up - or was it from "Pathways" or was it actually in an episode?

When doing Earth shots Mojo... are you going to include that "Atlantis Project" as mentioned in "Family" there's an Okudagram in the Continuing mission I think... Picard was thinking of working on it - it was basically creating a small continent in the middle of the Atlantic by raising the sea floor.

What about an Ariel view of Starfleet headquarters... matching up everything we've seen over the last 20 years...

from the Tram terminal in TMP, to the round mushroomy buildings in STIV and TNG to the Headquarters in DS9 (Homefront and Paradise Lost) and the wrecked San Francisco in DS9 and the Academy grounds in TNG - The First Duty etc... we alway seem to glimse the Golden Gate Bridge in each area... I'm sure someone has worked out where each place is around the bridge?

--------------------

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SF HQ is established to be where the Presidio stands now, based on The Motion Picture (especially those new shots of the shuttle's approach), Undiscovered Country, and Voyage Home. I don't know about the Academy or any of the shots from the series, but it's pretty definite that HQ resides sometime in the future where the Presidio stands now. I remember hearing something a long time ago about the Great Earthquake that was a one liner somewhere that swallowed the Presidio whole, making room for SF HQ (because it is now a historical landmark).

The Presidio is, by the way, an old decommissioned Army base on the San Francisco side of the Golden Gate Bridge, and nearly immediately next to it. It's beautiful country out there.

BTW, Mojo, if there's a shuttle anywhere in the background, how 'bout puttin' "Finifter" on it. Shuttles are after all, named after great explorers and scientists and this is after all, the first man on Mars typing... [Big Grin]

[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: OnToMars ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  24  25  26   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps