Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Unseen frontier" (Page 10)

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  24  25  26   
Author Topic: "Unseen frontier"
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd's badass bunch o' Borg pics:

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/borg1.htm

And I've made scans of the model from a couple books too, since I couldn't find them on the net. They're from the "ST:TNG Movie Sketchbook" and the "The Making of DS9", respectively. Warning - these images are >400k JPEGs. I'll take 'em down in a week or so.

http://www.thepurplebuffalo.net/~mark/cube1.jpg
http://www.thepurplebuffalo.net/~mark/cube2.jpg

Hope this helps,

Mark

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the Borg pics, they were a huge help! Of course, I have a copy of the Sketchbook and had no idea that excellent pic was in there.

D'OH!

Now the only trouble I'm having is figuring out how I'm going to cram all this stuff into the book...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Foldouts.

Mark

--------------------

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't the foldouts always have staples in the bellybuttons though

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just make sure that the book is much bigger than the starship spotter...really, that book was way too small. So Mojo, are you planning on making new meshes of the Wolf359 ships, or not?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo, just got TMP :D E a few days ago and watched it before my mom got the chance to wrap it. Of course, I watched all the extras and exclaimed in girly glee "Hey, I know that guy! Sorta." when I saw the Mojo in quotation marks at the bottom of the screen.

Anyway, I don't want to spin off on a TMP tangent, nor did I want to ressurect that thread, so I will suffice to say a job well done. The Enterprise looked great and Vulcan was awesomely redone.

ANYWAY, with the ass kissing out of the way; may we ask about the progress? Any idea what kind of scenes you're going to do yet?

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: OnToMars ]

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes! please do spoil the surprise for us all!
While your at it why don't you just publish the entire book on here so we don't have to go a buy it for ourselves.... [Razz]

--------------------

Pos_21
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes, please do, i'm a cheap @$$ and probably won't buy it anyway!
IP: Logged
Pos_21
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ December 23, 2001: Message edited by: Pos_21 ]

IP: Logged
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, you didn't object when he posted info on the Starship Spotter, did you?

Mojo, can you just tell us some details when you get the chance?

--------------------
Meh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo, I really liked the Exeter bridge in the 2002 calendar... I was wondering maybe you could do an Engineering scene!?! I don't know what it is about Engineering on the Connie class, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it - I've probably not seen enough episodes - and probably it doesn't help that it's (as far as we know) not symmetrical sorta like Voyager's or the E-D's...

Another good pic/idea would be a view from INSIDE The Defiant's shuttlebay - maybe when the door is open or what ever? We sorta see inside in "The Sound of Her Voice".

Oh, and the fusion reactor chamber section on DS9... sort of it's "Engineering" we never got to see down there - something I was hoping for.

A view out of one of the Promenade or Habitat rings to the actual habitat and/or docking ring and pylons.

Also, what about the shuttle that is docked underneath a Ferengi Marauder (different to the Ferengi Pod we've seen) and seeing it detatch?

A view of Chakotay's raider as it is just about to hit the large Kazon ship in "Caretaker" but from a window ON BOARD the ship!?! ;o)

A Federation Starbase like an old K7-type you could call it T-2 or something ;o) being engulfed by a Tholian Web!!

The E-D being built in a MUSHROOM spacedock - as per "Booby Trap" - it wasn't outside in a drydock or McKinley station type drydock.

An April or Pike era Enterprise - with the earlier bits... larger bridge, no bulbs on the back of the nacelles - people around here know what all the differences are.

The Enterprise-nil being BUILT! a ye olde style drydock to accompany this!?!

An Iconian gateway... with Ocampa appearing!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Oh! and a shot of the mirror I.S.S. Enterprise-A battleing a Vor'cha in the early 24th century! and then a Victory Star Destoryer appears and blows it in two...and...and then...and then a Borg omnispatial megaplanet assimilator drops out of hypertranswarp and assimilates the empire....then suddenly superman comes along to save the day....then Data wakes up in the shower and it was all a dream
*goes into fanboy-convulsive fit to the Dallas theme tune*

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alright guys, time for your injections

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I've got 'em to spare.

Mark

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Seriously though, if you want to get an idea of what Mojo will probably be doing then all you have to do is read through these 10 pages of suggestions, its a fair bet that at least some of them will be used.

--------------------

This topic comprises 26 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ...  24  25  26   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps