Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 14)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
May I take this opportunity to ask as to just what the "fuck" is going on with this thread? What happened to the (more or less) intelligent discussion of the the technology and plot of the Star Trek: Enterprise third season finale "Zero Hour"? Where have all the flowers gone?

[Confused] [Eek!] [Frown]

When will they ever learn?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Precisely.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so I'm not the only one who thinks things round here are devolving to sub-TrekBBS levels, and blaming worffan for that, and planning to kill him?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so now that Zero Hour ends with Nazi Aliens, let us pretend the makersofEnterprise won't use a reset button.

What does that leave as viable options for the outcome o' this bag o' retread? A simulacrum like that Voyager episode with the, uh, Hirogen is it?

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or the mirror universe...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Then again, they may just jump back into the TCW arc - the Nazis and crap have NOTHING to do with the Xindi, but FutureGuy and Daniels mucking stuff up again. They just jump back into it, with a simple explanation being given for how Archer survived - getting yanked out by Daniels and into the next story.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see how they'd fit as time-related, though. It's not all Marty McFly-styled-getting-the-almanac type deal, they have to get aliens to come and be all powerful, then get them to become the nazi party.

Here's hoping the whole season is a Band of Brothers vs. The Nazis Aliens deal.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard a few things from a reliable source:

1. The Nazi Alien was referred to in the script as "a member of a previously unseen alien race." So not Reman.

2. TPTB threw this cliffhanger onto Zero Hour but at the time had no explanation for it (i.e. they're going to worry about it when production for season four starts).

3. The first few scripts for season four have already been written, so it's likely that they will involve this whole Nazi thing.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good God, no. That might involve more MACO-counting and I'm perilously close to the edge as it is.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultra Magnus:
I don't see how they'd fit as time-related, though. It's not all Marty McFly-styled-getting-the-almanac type deal, they have to get aliens to come and be all powerful, then get them to become the nazi party.

Here's hoping the whole season is a Band of Brothers vs. The Nazis Aliens deal.

Not sure what you're on about now, but there weren't "Nazi Aliens." There was a singular Nazi Alien. Not to say that there couldn't be more, but we've only seen one.

And Dukkie, it's possible that while the script was unspecific about what sort of alien this Nazi was to be, during production it was decided to make him a Reman for (as yet) unknown reasons. IIRC, this is what happened with the episode "Bounty," where originally there were no Tellarites involved in the story but merely generic aliens, but some clever fellow decided to use this already-established race instead.

While I'm wary of using the Remans, I'm even more dubious of inventing some race that looks 90% identical to them but is supposed to be different. You'd think they'd come up with a more distinct makeup job if there wasn't supposed to be a connection.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm now worried on what else can go wrong.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Member # 239

I am assuming there are more than one, because they probably have more than one costume on the rack leftover from Voyager.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"TPTB threw this cliffhanger onto Zero Hour but at the time had no explanation for it (i.e. they're going to worry about it when production for season four starts)."

Oh, that's comforting.

"...during production it was decided to make him a Reman for (as yet) unknown reasons."

Okay, well, while that could have happened, there remains the fact that he didn't look like a Reman.

"...I'm even more dubious of inventing some race that looks 90% identical to them but is supposed to be different."

What, like just about all of the "small latex forehead prosthetic" aliens Trek has ever had?

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

The dude looks like a Reman!

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps