Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sovereign class (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Sovereign class
Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are most likly 3 to 4 sovs .

"NX-74222"

Where did you get the Reg Number ? is it Canon ?

=======================================================
"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember, victory is life."

-- Omet'iklan Ds9:"To the Death"

http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/index.htm

[This message has been edited by Dhunter (edited December 27, 1999).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is no canon registry for the Sovereign. Brando prefers 74222 because it fits well, I guess..

------------------
New sig coming soon!

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
74222 has been floating around for quite a while. It does seem to fit so it is what I use....

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Obese Penguin
Doomsayer
Member # 271

- posted      Profile for Obese Penguin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh ok , I have been looking for the canon reg for a while so that i can put it on my page , I guess the search contenues :-)

------------------
"I am First Omet'iklan, and I am dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember, victory is life."

-- Omet'iklan Ds9:"To the Death" http://www.geocities.com/travlyn2/index.htm

Devilman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sovereign pics are available from [url]http://members.xoom.com/devilsworld6/startrek/sovereign/index.htm[url]

As for the Enterprise-E being the Flagship, well I doubt it.

Also, I know she is pretty meaty, but if she is the most advanced ship in the fleet, WHY was she so easily kaned by the Sona and WHY does the most advanced ship in the fleet have an optional 'JOYSTICK' control?????

IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you doubt it Devilman? I'm not mocking, I'm just curious. I've just always assumed that this was true given the tradition of continuing the registry number.

I notice you're a new member here, but haven't I caught you over at scifi-art before?

------------------
"Resolve and thou art free."

[This message has been edited by Aban Rune (edited December 28, 1999).]

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you have. He's in a high position over there, IIRC..

------------------
New sig coming soon!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's wrong with a joystick?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"My son and I have this wonderful kind of rivalry. Since I've taken over the Mac department in our home, he's seen fit to take over the PC. I have a routine I do for him, walking down the hall, bumping into walls, doing corkscrews and stumbling. I tell him I'm a Windows operating system." - John de Lancie

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been there (Devils World) they have some extremely great images. Those Sovereign ones for example are awsome.

------------------
Calvin: "You don't think humans evolved from monkeys?"
Hobbes: "I sure don't see any difference."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Captains Chair, which, i know, is not entirely cannon: The Enteprise-E can out manuver ships 1/3 of her size even at warp.

Also, a Joystick is generally easier to control a ship with then a LCARS pad. Having a manual maneuvering column makes sense for situations such as that one, this might even become a common thing for future Starfleet ships.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly. A joystick is hardly a bad element, and often a reason people tear down Insurrection, too.

Well, Captain's Chair also says the Defiant can land, etc. Way too high on the speculation. It's hardly even "official" to me. I mean, Ron Moore once said something like, "Oh really? I didn't know the Defiant could land, and I have all the official+canon information" (which, TSN and Frank might say is not worth much, but the point remains ).

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW - The Enterprise-E IS the flagship. Have you people become so stubborn as to take a "if they dont say it, it is false" view twoards trek?

Think about these:

-The Enterprise-E was the most advanced ship of its time.
-The Enterprise-E welcomes new races into the federation.
-The Enterprise-E is a successor to 5 flagships under the name Enterprise.
-The Enterprise-E is commanded by the crew of the previous flagship.
-The Ent-E IS the flagship according to Captains Chair, although that isnt really cannon.

------------------
Wes Button[email protected]
TechFX GraphicsThe United Federation UplinkAxisIRC
------------------
Janeway: "Dimissed"
Neelix: [stands there dumbfounded] "b..but.."
Janeway: "That's Starfleet for get out"

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"BTW - The Enterprise-E IS the flagship. Have you people become so stubborn as to take a 'if they dont say it, it is false' view twoards trek?"

No, but if they don't say it, we don't know if it's true.

"The Enterprise-E was the most advanced ship of its time."

Well, I mean, the USS Constitution is the flagship of the US Navy...

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"My son and I have this wonderful kind of rivalry. Since I've taken over the Mac department in our home, he's seen fit to take over the PC. I have a routine I do for him, walking down the hall, bumping into walls, doing corkscrews and stumbling. I tell him I'm a Windows operating system." - John de Lancie

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The Enterprise-E welcomes new races into the federation.

Actually, those little people in Insurrection were just becoming a protectorate, but you point remains.

And Captain's Chair is far from canon. I like a lot in it (and the idea itself), but you'd think they'd have cut down on some of the weird parts (like arbitrarily saying Defiant-class ships can land, while it goes against the class's other design elements)...

We don't know for sure the Enterprise-E is the flagship, though. It's way more than likely, and I doubt anyone here would want it any other way (except for Frank, maybe ); but we can't just say it IS the flagship.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Devilman
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the only reason I doubt that the ENTY-E is the current federation flagship is because:

Just becuase its the ENTERPRISE doesnt mean that it is by default the Flagship. It`d be nice to assume that, but until some official thing in some magazine says it is so, speculation isnt enough to justify the fact.

Also, wouldnt also be logical to assume that a GALAXY CLASS ship would remain the Flagship? I mean, just because a newer starship is more advanced doesnt propmote the class to FLAGSHIP. Hell, the Intrepid class and Defiant class are more advanced than the Galaxy, but you dont see those being made Flaships!

Regarding the Defiant, it CAN land on Planets because in a shematic in a recent Star Trek magazine, it shows the little landing legs! (Dont ask me which one - it was a friend of mine`s who is on holidays - plus we are in Australia, and waaay behind the rest of the world!)

And, regarding my place in Scifi-Art, I realise there may be some 'bad blod' between these two forums, but I am not exactly 'High Up' with the SFA, alothough I am a senate member. (more of a 'silent' member)! I do mucho renderings for them, and they teach me techniques!

Y`know, we could argue the FLAGSHIP thing for ever, but what it boild down to is the rule that we have folowed since Trek began:

Until it is mentioned in an Episode, Magazine, or other official source, it is NOT so.
Wishful thinking or hoping doesnt make it so.
So, until some writer sneaks a one-liner in about the Enty-E being the Flagship, she is, for all intensive purposes, NOT!

PS - ta for the nice comments on my site. It is quite a chore to keep it updated and running smooth!

IP: Logged
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps