Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Reverend's Antares refinement (Page 11)

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   
Author Topic: The Reverend's Antares refinement
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's what the emergency hatch is for. The egress markings are just there for the brass. If you pull it open, there's really a jacuzzi down there.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where will Tactical be accessed from when needed? Perhaps #3, or maybe #14? #3 makes sense. as there will already be someone manning the station, or at least someone qualified to on the bridge, instead of having to find someone to sit and do nothing at station 14 until a defensive situation arises.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity".
-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#3 makes sense to me. If phaser use is a function of a mission task, then it would need to be coordinated with other mission tasks. If the ship is at hightened alert, then the mission priority is defense, so again, it makes sense to have phaser control there. What do you think Rev?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should keep it on the helm board.

Or put it next to the hot tub.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well in TOS tactical was always split between coms (alert status) and helm (weapons) and I think either science or engineering had shield control. So I'd say basic tactical systems should be accessible from Helm, Comms and Mission Ops. Multiple redundancy and all that.

For #14 I'd say Planetary Science should do the job and instead of Mission Ops 2, I think an Astrometrics/Stellar Cartography station would be more appropriate. Oh and I'd swap #9 & #12 around. Having Uhura on the Captains right is just weird. [Wink]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

- posted      Profile for Sean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were a smaller ship, possibly a civilian ship, I would recommend giving the captain his own console. Infact, I would recommend that now. Nothing big, just a small little readout like Riker's and Troi's on the E-D.

--------------------
"Kosh, I'd like to introduce you to our Resident schmuck and his side kick Kick Me."-Ritten

-George Carlin

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

OK... I got Rev's changes made. I'll do the consoles tomorrow.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

The Ginger Beacon
Member # 1585

- posted      Profile for The Ginger Beacon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So if Shik designed the ship, her bridge would look a bit like this?

-

1: Hot tub, 2: Phaser control, 3: Science sofa, 4: Communications, 5: Science station (pops out), 6: Red alert lava lamp, 7: Helm / Navigation, 8: Main viewer, 9: Stellar cartography viewer, 10: Stellar cartography, 11: Multi-role, 12: Enginering, 13: Enginering display, 14: Coffee table / captains console, 15: Captains footrest, 16: Captains recliner, 17: Turbolift, 18: Enviro controls (doubles as a fire when inactive).

Despite my liking of the captains coffee table, I might have to go with Abans take on things.

--------------------
I have plenty of experience in biology. I bought a Tamagotchi in 1998... And... it's still alive.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do hope that the hot tub doubles as the escape pod, otherwise it would just be a waste.

Isn't the coffee table a bit far from the recliner?

I like the concept though.

Who would be the First Office? J'Cuzzi? T'Spa?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

I'd love to see Tpol in T'Spa....

--------------------

-George Carlin

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ginger Beacon:
So if Shik designed the ship, her bridge would look a bit like this?

-

1: Hot tub, 2: Phaser control, 3: Science sofa, 4: Communications, 5: Science station (pops out), 6: Red alert lava lamp, 7: Helm / Navigation, 8: Main viewer, 9: Stellar cartography viewer, 10: Stellar cartography, 11: Multi-role, 12: Enginering, 13: Enginering display, 14: Coffee table / captains console, 15: Captains footrest, 16: Captains recliner, 17: Turbolift, 18: Enviro controls (doubles as a fire when inactive).

Despite my liking of the captains coffee table, I might have to go with Abans take on things.

No, this is brilliant!

You think I'm joking about the hot tub, but see, here's the thing. Non-combat ship. relaxed environment. You gotta figure on transports, freighters, & the like things would slip some. The captain shows up for duty in bathrobe & bunny slippers. The doctor makes moonshine. Little mods. And maybe the captain wants a hot tub.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the kinda of bridge Malcolm Reynolds would have. If he had a ship as big as an Antares, that is.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Added a few things. Don' thave the actual consoles done yet. Any thoughts on station layout?

-

Just an idea, but after looking at the bridge plans on Ex Astris and star trek schematics and I wonder if it would be an idea to use those roll-out consoles flanking Spock's science station on one or more of these stations to add more adaptable functionality. One or two standing stations and/or a console mounted on the inner rail could help to break thing up a little too.
It also occurs to be that the person manning the aft station would be basically staring at the back of the captains head, so it may be an idea to sink the helm, nav & command stations a step or so deeper.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Sean
First Tenor
Member # 2010

Still think the captain should get his own little computer console. WIll this be a ship commanded by a full bird captain, or a lower ranking officer?

--------------------

-George Carlin

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
full bird captain

..... I think you just hurt my brain.

Is there some other level of Captain we're unaware of? Perhaps Hawkeye's "Corporal-Captain" initiative?

This topic comprises 18 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  16  17  18   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps