Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » MUST! SMITE! MICROSOFT! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   
Author Topic: MUST! SMITE! MICROSOFT!
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And I wouldn't just blame Microsoft here. They can hardly be expected to make sure that every 10 year old game still works on an operating system about a billion times removed from that the game was designed to work on, never mind that the hardware has changed radically too.

Well yes, except that Apple has already done that with its Classic mode (which is admittedly probably a bit more cumbersome to start up than XP's compatibility modes). I'm still running Star Trek: 25th Anniversary ten years later... [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good for you. Now tell us about the hundreds of games, new and old, that your beloved Mac will NOT run. B)

[ October 27, 2003, 09:52 AM: Message edited by: Cartman ]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, if you combine Win '95 compatability mode with moving one particular file off the CD and into the game folder, and don't use the launcher, it works. Don't ask me why.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cartman:
Good for you. Now tell us about the hundreds of games, new and old, that your beloved Mac will NOT run. B)

You say that as if I truly care. I realize not everyone has the same priorities as me, but the one single game that I've missed recently is the "Civilization 3" expansion pack that added multiplayer capability. Other than that? It's just saving me money for more important things. [Razz]

(This post is the first by me that's brought to you by Panther, aka OS X 10.3. Purrr........) [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dread to ask, but...what are the more important things? New nerd glasses?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why don't we all use that laptop that Jeff Goldblum used in ID4? After all, if it can interface with a totally alien technology, it shouldn't take that much longer for it to work with MS Windows.

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am reminded of my friend Kevin.

Kevin, for some strange reason, believes that direct current electricity is far superior to alternating current electricity. Don't ask me why; I simply tune him out when he steps on his soapbox and starts preaching about how DC is the superior, master race of electrons while AC is simply an inferior poseur. On occassion, yes, he stepped on an actual soapbox. My mom was pissed because it was an antique.

One night at a party Kevin was hosting, someone goaded him into his spiel of DC > AC. My eyes glazed over, so I went into the kitchen to help myself to a Dr Pepper with a splash of amaretto. When I came back, Kevin was shouting, "I'll show you!" He immediately whipped out his penis and jammed it into the nearest electrical outlet. He got quite a shock. To this day, I have no idea exactly what point he was trying to make.

To this day, whenever I hear a macevangelist decide to start the fire and brimstone routine, I remember the sight of Kevin sticking his penis into an electrical outlet. And I giggle.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist:
Why don't we all use that laptop that Jeff Goldblum used in ID4? After all, if it can interface with a totally alien technology, it shouldn't take that much longer for it to work with MS Windows.

Oh come on... what do you think he was uploading to the alien computer in the first place? [Big Grin]

Siegfried: I would suspect that a rather large quantity of alcohol made that incredibly amusing story possible. Regardless, I would like to think that I am a whole lot more sensible than that gentleman... But I thank you for telling that story -- I can't exactly blame you for not taking people seriously with THAT kind of an encounter!

Liam: Stuff like textbooks, food, fuel, tuition, and more productive software. I've got a few games on my system, but I don't feel the need to go out and buy every last one of them on the market. I'd rather play one good game over and over again than get a dozen crappy ones and keep switching between them out of boredom.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have I told the one about the sodomized Care Bear yet? With all the message boards and online people I talk to, I'm losing track of which college stories I've told who.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame on you, MM. Your signature was to herald in a new era of reserved Mac advocacy, remember? Besides they win at games (for now...) So I built a cheap Athlon system with mostly spare bits and installed Win98. Windoze obsolence problems solved.

Anyone have a force-feedback joystick they can recommend? After a valiant attempt to save it, I fear my Logitech Wingman Force has finally succumbed to the dark side.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Siggy, but you've mentioned it, and that is more than enough really....

You know, with soap box penis stuffers, and care bear sodomizers for friends, I can almost see where your problem is. Do you discuss this on dates by chance????

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

What dates?
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ones with the Care Bear.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, okay, do you mention these things prior to asking for a date....

This goes along with my 6'-1.25" that Liam got such a kick out of.... Things you really don't want to discuss in reality....

Sty, if he were dating Care Bears at least he'd be getting anal sex....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

People who know me well have probably heard all of my stories already. If I ask someone out on a date from that group, then I have mentioned those things prior to asking for a date. Otherwise, no one knows my stories unless they ask me and the situation is appropriate.

--------------------

This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps