Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Federation Shuttles - Preview (Page 5)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Federation Shuttles - Preview
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it it's not Laika. (Whether or not it's spelled Lakia is an open question. But that's how it sounds. "LAY-KEE-UH")

And as for ships in the comm chatter, here's what there is that can be heard:

-Dreadnought Entente, NCC-2120
-Scout Columbia, NCC-621
-Scout Revere, NCC-595
-Cruiser Merrimack, NCC-1715
-Long-range shuttle "Lakia" (Spelling uncertain.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^^^

Thanks. Still working on my shiplist (nearly finished with 'P' [Smile] ). But now I can include those.
About the 'Shuttle that sounds like LAY-KEE-UH'; maybe this was another Surak-type ship? We'll probably never know, but both being long-range-shuttles? How many long-range-shuttle-classes are there? [Confused]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
Maybe it was a vulcan ship and 1701 did not have any shuttle in TMP. I mean - look at the matte painting. the bee alcoves are emty, no shuttle in the hangar bay area, no shuttle in the reapir dock below. They said the ship was not yat ready after the refit. This could mean the shuttles were not available at that time. (Maybe Tuesday? [Big Grin] )

Oh, the idea that 1701 went out without shuttles is fine, but I just can't picture them being of the old Galileo-7 type.

quote:
I have no problem with the Surak being a vulcan design. They started with the ship from Vulcan, and according to - what? TNG? - the Vulcans had their own star navy or whatever they call it. The merchant fleet. The T'Pau had an NSP-registry but was labeled S.S., what could mean the Surak was same type of vessel (of course only the category, not the class!).
What ship from Vulcan? I know of know observed Vulcan spacecraft before First Contact or so.

The ones we've seen . . . the ring-warp ship from Enterprise and the similar three ships from Unification . . . are both, well, ring-warpers.

quote:
I have seen close-ups of the model, the hull markings were both vulcan and federation standard => english.)
That only shows Vulcan registry or the operation by a Vulcan authority, not Vulcan design.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH DAMN.

double post

[ February 06, 2002, 15:30: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
-Cruiser Merrimack, NCC-1715

-MMoM [Big Grin]

???

Where'd this come from? I was only aware of the first two.

[ February 06, 2002, 15:17: Message edited by: USS Vanguard ]

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's right after they you hear "long-range shuttle Lakia" and it's waaaay back in the background. Nobody even recognized it until the DVD came out, but I've since gone back and listened to the VHS and it's there too, just not as clear.

"NCC-1715" is fairly easy to hear if you listen very closely. The "Merrimack" part is more difficult because a louder bit of chatter overlaps right over it, but if you sit in a quiet room with the DVD turned up loud and put your ear to the speaker you can just make it out.

Incidentally, the U.S.S. Merrimack, NCC-1715, is another ship out of the Franz Joseph Technical Manual, a Bonhomme Richard-class heavy cruiser. (Of course, the class is not mentioned in TMP, the same as with the other vessels in the comm chatter taken from the Manual.)

-MMoM [Big Grin]

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and what was the message for the Merrimack?
infact does anyone have a transcription? I'd like to know what these ships were up to for my shiplist.
I know that the 2 Scouts were being told to rendezvous...but thats all.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

There was nothing that could be heard for the Merrimack, the message was completely faded out after you hear the registry number.

As for the Entente, I don't recall being able to hear much about it either, but I'll double check...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any chance of someone making a WAV/MP3 of that, so we can all hear about the Merrimac(k)?

[ February 06, 2002, 19:35: Message edited by: TSN ]

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, I drove through Merrimack yesterday. All the signs had the k at the end.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CaptainMike:
By the way, I drove through Merrimack yesterday. All the signs had the k at the end.

Merrimac, the town in Massachusetts?

--------------------

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went on a road trip with Leanne on Tuesday because she quit her job and needed an ID to apply for the new job she's getting but she needs her birth certificate to get her new ID so we had to drive to the town hall of the town she was born in, which is Lowell, so I let her drive my car (Which is a sign of how I feel for her because only her, Derek and my Dad have ever driven the Captain's Yacht Mk 2). We packed a lunch and made a day of it (I know an hour's drive isnt a road trip.. I'm a Rhode Islander). For whatever reason, she got on 146 instead of 95 because she wanted to grab 495 there, but we missed it somewhow, and we had to regroup to get over to Lowell. By the time we got there it was after the records office or whatever it was closed, so we didnt even stop. She was pretty stoned at that point and didnt want to drive anymore so we switched to drive home but I got on 3 north and forgot to get onto 495 south (because I wasnt quite all there either). And before we knew it we were in Nashua, and I commented about the spelling of Merrimack on all the signs, and that we had been discussing it in relation to a Nebula-class starship. Blank stare. But anywho we stopped in NH, bought some local papers as souvenirs, ate at Bickfords (where they don't like blue-haired kids from out of town) and shopped a little, free from the oppression of a 7% sales tax like in our home state. Live Free or Die! Hey, license plates are made by prisoners in jails, right? How do the guys in NH feel.. I mean they are locked up and forced to print the phrase 'Live Free or Die' over and over and over. They must feel like crap. Then we drove home, listened to a lot more music, smoked a lot more and bonded for two and a half hours. Wow. Then we had to pick up Malory at her father's and we took her to Leanne's and went for a bikeride to tire her out for bed, then we went to Thayer to hang out for a bit and tell everyone of our trip. I bought some groceries for Le and then dropped her off, and went home 10 hours late from school.

What was I talking about again? Oh yeah. New Hampshire.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just looked at the finished page and have a few things to say...

1. In DS9's "The Search," Odo and Kira were onboard a Type-15 shuttlecraft which isn't listed.
2. In the Type-18 shuttlecraft design, there is an aft access hatch. Look at the DS9 Tech Manual and see the two drawings that it has of the shuttle.
3. The hull plates of the Defiant Class that covers the escape pods act in the same way as the Intrepid Class; they open outward and close. Most likely the ASRV's can be retrieved.
4. I would think that the acronym ASRV would be the formal name to the escape pods or lifeboats, which can be considered slang terms fo the ASRV.
5. There is a picture of the Voyager Aeroshuttle online somewhere...so please post it.
6. Picard's yacht on the Enterprise-E is named Cousteau... the same name which the Type-15 shuttlecraft from the Aires has.
7. The Sovereign Class yacht was modified from an original version of a recessed foward window that would make it easy to fit under the torp lanchers. Rick Berman decided to have it changed so the yacht would look "cooler."
8. The shuttle in the matte painting of the Enterprise-D inside Starbase 74 is suppose to be a Type-7 and not a new design.
9. I've heard somewhere a long time ago that along with the names mentioned being in the display of the shuttlebay of TNG were other names such at Berman, Pillar, Braga, Justman, and Roddenberry. I believe that in "Cause and Effect" that Ed Miarecki named his shuttles that he built after his bosses. That may explain somewhat why the Micromachines I've gotten had shuttles named Pillar, Berman, and Justman.

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remembered another thing: the Enterprise-E shuttle is called Type-11 in Eaves' sketches, IIRC.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by Michael_T:
I just looked at the finished page and have a few things to say...

4. I would think that the acronym ASRV would be the formal name to the escape pods or lifeboats, which can be considered slang terms fo the ASRV.

True, to a point. As far as I know, though, "ASRV" has never been said or shown on-screen, unless someone has some evidence of non-visible signage.

quote:

5. There is a picture of the Voyager Aeroshuttle online somewhere...so please post it.

From within the show?

quote:

8. The shuttle in the matte painting of the Enterprise-D inside Starbase 74 is suppose to be a Type-7 and not a new design.

No way, dude. That nasty thing is so not a Type-7.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps