Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Federation Shuttles - Preview (Page 6)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Federation Shuttles - Preview
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pic of Voyager's Aeroshuttle is from the Starship Spotter book and since it covers two pages due to the layout is really a pain to scan and recombine to make it look presentable online.

And Kira and Odo were not on a type 15 shuttle. The interior may look like one, but the shuttle exterior was clearly seen in the episode.

[ February 08, 2002, 13:38: Message edited by: Dat ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? It was a Type-15 and the same one built for TNG's first season. It is the shuttlepod from the episode with two Captain Picards. Let's try to find a screencap. And that shuttle from that matte painting is suppose to be the Type-7, just that the physical model was altered with the same reason the matte painting of the Ambassador Class was altered.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a Defiantzhuttle, Michael.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I concur - I watched the episode last week.

Mark

[ February 08, 2002, 19:31: Message edited by: Mark Nguyen ]

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agreed, I distinctly remember an exterior shot of the Defiantized pod on the surface of the planet.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe you are confused because the interior of the Defiant pod is the same set used for the TNG type pod, even though the exteriors shown were different? And it was built TNG season 2, not season 1

[ February 09, 2002, 06:50: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.geocities.com/cpt_kyle_amasov/aerowing.jpg

The shuttle from the 'two-Picards-episode' was the El-Baz. There's a picture in the factfiles.

[Edit] D'oh! Fixed it. Or better: uploaded it. Copy and paste. Credits go to the guy at stgn who found it. It was just a lucky incident if saw it. [Roll Eyes]

[ February 09, 2002, 15:50: Message edited by: Cpt. Kyle Amasov ]

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kyle, apparently you've got to be registered to that board just to view the thread or the pic in that thread. And no one is going to register just to look at the pic. You've got to find a way to get a copy of the pic from somewhere else.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure... when Kira and Odo were on the surface of the planet, they went back to the shuttle that looked exactly like the El Baz.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certain.

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

Are you absolutely sure? The only time I saw the Type-18 was when Kira and Sisko were in it during that astroid episode with the three Cardassian scientists. There was a shot with Odo and Kira next to the El Baz shuttle in the Search Part 2 that I remember seeing.

--------------------

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were two different kinds of shots of the shuttle at the surface in "The Search, pt 2".

1) Since there was no full-size mock-up of the "type 18", we were shown a scale model only, filmed against a scale model of the terrain, much the same way we saw landed runabouts in "Vortex" and "Heart of Stone". This was definitely the curvaceous type 18 and not the old TNG model. (IIRC, TPTB even cleverly juxtaposed an image of Odo and Kira walking on the image of the shuttle scale model, something they had not done for "Vortex" or "Heart of Stone".)

2) In close-ups, Kira was shown sitting inside the shuttle, fiddling with the sensors, and the starboard gullwing door was open. This was naturally the "type 15" mock-up being used, but we never saw a glimpse of the exterior, so we couldn't tell if this really was type 15 or something else. And the gullwing of the type 15 mock-up nicely matched a similar feature on the type 18 scale model...

The type 15 mock-up has served as the cockpit of other craft as well - most notably of the Maquis-operated interceptors seen in "The Maquis, pt 2".

Timo Saloniemi

[ February 11, 2002, 22:25: Message edited by: Timo ]

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

No, there is this scene with Kira and Odo going back to the shuttle to try to contact anyone on subspace comm channels. Kira discovers that something is blocking the signal and she and Odo head out from that point to the location where the blocking signal is originating. There is a view of a Type-15 and not the Type-18 that she sits in and gets out of during that shot.

--------------------

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One thing about the Farragut-Sydneys before I go to bed: Before the crash-landed saucer is destroyed by the Veridian-sun-shockwave, we get a short outdoor-view of the ship. There are several people standing on the saucer. However, there are also shuttles. Since the rescue ships haven't arrived at that point, those are Enterprise's shuttles. Interestingly, there's a Sydney-thing among them.

There was a picture of it in the movie-sketchbook (got it today, fascinating stuff, BTW). I'll do another scan tomorrow for someone from the TrekBBS, if you don't have the book I can scan the picture. [Smile] (page 27, upper right corner. The small one.)

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Cpt. Kyle Amasov:
One thing about the Farragut-Sydneys before I go to bed: Before the crash-landed saucer is destroyed by the Veridian-sun-shockwave, we get a short outdoor-view of the ship. There are several people standing on the saucer. However, there are also shuttles. Since the rescue ships haven't arrived at that point, those are Enterprise's shuttles. Interestingly, there's a Sydney-thing among them.

There was a picture of it in the movie-sketchbook (got it today, fascinating stuff, BTW). I'll do another scan tomorrow for someone from the TrekBBS, if you don't have the book I can scan the picture. [Smile] (page 27, upper right corner. The small one.)

Interesting...it actually looks like the same shot that they use later, but with the camera fixed & some of the foreground shuttles removed.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps