Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 5)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by newark:
Are there pictures of these WW 2 era airplanes on the internet, yet?

Yes, look here.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, if the expanse doesn't exist anymore, what about that 26th Century battle Daniels showed Archer? I was expecting to see the expanse's expansion being contained, not it disappearing altogether.
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
guess the timeline has been altered
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little confused about the lack of communication from Earth in this episode. Sure they were jammed, but after the weapon was destroyed shouldn't Reed and company at least made contact? Instead, they hightailed it back to the Expanse to rendevous with Enterprise. Huh?

Also, with the exception of Yosemite Station there was no indication of any sort of Earth response. In "The Expanse", when Enterprise dropped out of warp with Klingons on her tail, three Starfleet ships were there within seconds. Here, the encounter lasts quite some time, and there is NO response whatsoever. Only Shran's out of the blue (no pun intended) appearance was there.

Methinks that the writers wanted to use Forrest, but perhaps due to production scheduling they ended up with Shran instead. I'd have loved to see a pre-finished NX-02 and some of the other ships in a big finale fight, but for whatever reason there wasn't one. Maybe at least some of it will be explained next season.

All in all though, a satisfying if somewhat confusing episode, especially towards the end. Great stuff on many levels though, and as a whole it's more than worthwhile entertainment.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of things I noted:

The Yosemite-3 station seems to be the third successive station, rather than one of three current ones. Reed says "they destroyed Yosemite Station" and Mayweather says "it's not just Yosemite". This seems to imply that there was only one current Yosemite.

Also, Daniels can't pronounce "integral". He said "intregal".

And to whoever asked about what the German woman whispered: I don't think we were meant to know. Some other voice got louder right at that moment and drowned her out.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've looked at the last scenes again.

- Mayweather says he's 'not getting anything' from any of the orbital stations. This might imply that they are still there, but not responding.

- In the shuttle, Mayweather says 'it looks normal to me'. You'd think someone would recognize the differences between 1940s and 2150s San Fransisco. It also seems like the landing pad Tucker refers to is actually there. OTOH, the shuttle's sensors apparently can't differentiate P-51 Mustangs from a Starfleet vessel.

So it might very well still be the 22nd century, alhough it makes very little sense.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One would think they would have checked things out with their 'See things at steet-level' sensor before sending a shuttle into an unknown situation

Another thought: What if the planes were brought into the future rather than Enterprise being in the past. It doesn't explain the lack of responce from Starfleet, but it would explain why no one noticed their displacement in time

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty crappy medical tech if they're really in the 22nd century.

Mabye earth was tampered with prior to the Sphere showing/blowing up- explaining why the Intrepid and "Iceland" never made the scene.

No ideas why the Yosemete Station would still be there though.....you'd think they could've called over to Jupiter Station if starfleet did'nt respond.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Count me in into WTF crowd as well... I gotta get me an aspirin of something. [Smile]

One other observation: what is this? It was a while since I've seen Nemesis, but it looks to me like that mini-transporter thingy. Or cortical stimulator from Voyager.

I definetly gotta lie down... [Wink]

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that's the little bomb Archer put on the guy before he went kaboom.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Amasov Prime
lensfare-induced epileptic shock
Member # 742

- posted      Profile for Amasov Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:
Count me in into WTF crowd as well... I gotta get me an aspirin of something. [Smile]

One other observation: what is this? It was a while since I've seen Nemesis, but it looks to me like that mini-transporter thingy. Or cortical stimulator from Voyager.

The mini-transporter wasn't even as big as a comm-badge. It was gray. And the lights were covered by a... cover. But I think I've seen that thing before. Incredible galore of information, I know. Maybe I can find an image of the transport device.

--------------------
"This is great. Usually it's just cardboard walls in a garage."

Boult
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Boult     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kazeite:

That's explosive device that Reed gave to Archer on his way out of the SuperWeapon.
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Boh:
One would think they would have checked things out with their 'See things at steet-level' sensor before sending a shuttle into an unknown situation

Or that Mayweather and Trip might've noticed little details like no Starfleet HQ, different skyline, and such.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Boult
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Boult     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hmm no one noticed this dialog:

MAYWEATHER ( over com ):
Bridge to T'Pol.
Go ahead.
A vortex just opened.
It's Degra's ship.
( garbled transmission )
This is Enterprise.
Please repeat.
( garbled transmission )
Captain, did you
stop the weapon?
( garbled transmission )
Captain?
Set an intercept course.
It's done.
Done?
Captain Archer
destroyed the weapon.
Where is he?
Is he okay?
Captain didn't make it, Trip.
What do you mean
he didn't make it?
The weapon exploded before he
could transport to Degra's ship.

====
so what's up with garbled transmission? (yeah this is from closed captioning log at http://worf.dyndns.org/Enterprise/ )

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
No ideas why the Yosemete Station would still be there though.....you'd think they could've called over to Jupiter Station if starfleet did'nt respond.

Well they did try to contact the Lunar I Colony...

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps