Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 6)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
Boult
Member # 1269

- posted      Profile for Boult     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey see my post at: http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/469/4.html#000049

So, we will find out in first episode of Season 4!

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is typically how that works at those pesky season finale cliffhangers....

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, so this mini-bomb apparently is a completely new one blinking and flashing thingie. [Smile]

"I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they're flashing and they're beeping. I can't stand it anymore!" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really familiar with the Geography and landmark regions of San Francisco, but doesn't that look a bit underdeveloped, even on 21st Century terms, for the Bay Area?

And here is a pretty good shot of the Xindi-Aquatics 'carrier' and the Enterprise that someone could maybe formulate a length from.

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it's a good representation of the bay area. Even today, much of our lower left view of the area near the bridge in the photo isn't developed. It's all hilly and stuff, and there's not much to do with it.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Factoring in pi and the coefficient of x, it is approximately...

HUGE!

( [Razz] )

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its about 20 Franks long. [Wink]
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

lol. [Big Grin]

Well, I would say it is at least 8x longer than the Enterprise...which would put it up around 1800m.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Boult: What do you mean "what's up" with the transmission? They were talking to Degra's ship, but there was either interference or the communications system was broken. I think the latter is most likely, considering everything that had just happened to the Enterprise. Besides, I think it was pretty much just a plot device to make the news of Archer's "death" a face-to-face thing.

Now, regarding the bomb that Archer stuck to the Xindi... Why did he hold on to one? He thought all the Xindi on the sphere were dead (which they were; the other one beamed over from the ship). Wouldn't he have wanted to make sure to explode the weapon as thoroughly as possible?

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think they're in 1940s, but that the temporal anomaly doesn't extend that far into orbit.

I'm leaning toward an idea similar to ST:First Contact. The Enterprise-E chased the Borg sphere through a temporal vortex to the "past." Before they entered the vortex they saw a "present" Earth assimilated.

Perhaps this is the same. Xindi Aquatic ship drops Enterprise off in the "present." However, humanity never survived WWII, therefore no orbital satellites, Lunar colonies or anyone to talk to.

The shuttle passes through a temporal vortex on the way to San Fransicso. It's now in the "past" along with Archer.

The telling thing will be if the Shuttlepod will be able to contact Enterprise.

I don't think there in the "present." The tech level is too far off. What would keep Earth at mid 20th century tech level for so long? P-51s over San Fransicso and Nazis on the battlefront with no electricity (the medic used a kerosene lantern to shine on Archer).

Herb

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However Trip and Travis did seem to see Starfleet Headquarters right before being attacked by the three P-51s. And you still haven't explained (or try to) the alien Nazi.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps they did see everything intact off-screen and then it vanished. There's definitely no Starfleet Headquarters or the other buildings we've previously seen near the bridge (there should be buildings near the bridge on our left).

--------------------

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is command near the bridge in the 22nd century?

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

I think this is it: http://www.planet-trek.de/pjem1m.jpg

It was directly next to the bridge in the Kirk movies, but I assume it's not the same one.

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

Nevermind about the off-screen/vanishing act; I just watched that part again and they say it looks normal even after the aerial view. :/

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  ...  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps