Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$) (Page 10)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$)
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was happy with the idea that it took an outer frame of Arnold or Franco Columbu to hide the exoskeleton of the T-800 series. Newer, leaner ones should be called something else.
The new super-infiltration series or something, I don't think Arnold's first bot would've had the skill to get married and maintain a relationship when it took him almost ten seconds just to tell a janitor to fuck off. :.)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind the idea that the Ts can be lean, but Cromartie was a big dude when we first saw him. Now all of a sudden, he's a little guy.

The new social abilities would be a software issue, not a model issue. Theoretically, the software could be loaded onto any of the earlier models to give them more personality. Perhaps the T-888 is an advanced infiltation model because it's designed to look and feel more normal instead of like a bodybuilder. Vick was a big guy, but nowhere near as big as Uncle Bob.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it odd that the woman married Vick when in his memories, he clearly has the personality of a plank of wood.
As for the advanced infiltration models being called something else; they are, they're called T-888. That is 88 models more advanced that the 800.
As for the difference in body mass, it could partly be down to the new flesh and subsequent surgery making him leaner than his last flesh suit.
Case in point look at Arnie with all his bulk then look at the Endoskeleton we saw at the end. Sure the height is more or less the same and the shoulders are about as broad but there's still LOTS of extra padding there. So there's some leeway for how big or small a body Cromartie's metal can fit inside. Indeed, Vick was also a T-888 no? And that bloke was bigger than either of the Cromartie actors.

Oh and the second season is looking more and more likely. LINK

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any screens of the terminator skeletons from 1 and 2, is the new "battle chassi" actually more armored? When the thing stood up in the skin-doctor's bathroom, I thought it had some more plating on the chest and abdomen.
shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, wrong link?

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
I don't have any screens of the terminator skeletons from 1 and 2, is the new "battle chassi" actually more armored? When the thing stood up in the skin-doctor's bathroom, I thought it had some more plating on the chest and abdomen.

Yeah I noticed that the skeletons don't leave as much exposed as the ones in the movie. Overall, what I like about the SCC is that it doesn't try too hard emulate the original characters of the movies, but rather give its own take on the universe while remaining faithful to the story. So Cromartie doesn't have to be like Arnie and Cameron doesn't have to be like Bloodrayne. [Razz]
Nim
Member # 205

quote:
and Cameron doesn't have to be like Bloodrayne.
Don't ever mention that name again in this house. *chucks another replica goth-dagger at the Boll doll*
Anyway, Glau couldn't possibly emulate that, she doesn't have the extra eight inches and cumbersome gait.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by shikaru808:
Um, wrong link?

That's what I get for posting on two boards at once. LINK

--------------------

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would they cancel the show after one season? They're advertising it so much, it would seem stupid to end it now, especially considering how good of a show it is.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because network execs are idiots. It's like gas prices. There's really no rhyme or reason to anything they do. But hopefully they'll do the opposite and keep this one on.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we've learned one particularly interesting fact: terminators are sent back to assume the identities of existing people. This gives me a theory about who was in the music room. It was Cameron. Human Cameron. And she's Derek's daughter. It explains how he knew Cameron was a machine on first sight, and it explains his reactions to her since then.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

why would it have been Cameron in the music room?

And how do we know they're sent back to assume people's identity's? Vick didn't replace the traffic lady's husband. She married a cyborg. In his memories, we saw an image of him being activated and a whole room full of his model. If we hadn't seen that image, I might agree that he killed her husband and took his place.

I still don't get your reasoning on the Cameron thing though...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cameron being in the room is from the fact that in 2007 she was dancing to the same piece of music that Derek heard in the music room. That, and he had a strong reaction to seeing her immediately after that room. Not definite, but a good indicator.

The woman's husband was killed in a "car accident" and replaced. The shot of multiple Vick units was apparently an error, due to the writers being out of the post-production loop.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

OK... I do remember her mentioning a car accident... yah, that makes sense. I guess they could've had a specific mission for that model and just made more of him for other uses.

Still not seeing the Cameron thing though.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Well it would explain why he instantly knew she was a Terminator if he had seen her, or another of her model before. She's a little too old to be his daughter though.

As for T-888s replacing people, it's possible, though in Vik's case I didn't get the impression such was the case. The army bloke from a few episodes back could have been one, though fake credentials would be easier.

From a purely tactical standpoint I can see Skynet making "copies" of known or at least captured resistance members but without their memories and the inherent lack of personality (necessitated by Skynet setting the CPUs to "read only") I can't see the ruse going very far. Besides they'd never get passed the dogs.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps