Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The list of suspects on that one is pretty short.
Can't be a tech-com fighter that Uncle Reese didn't know about (they'd destroy it!) so it's either a Terminator...which doesn't make a huge amount of sense since why would it kill someone who could potentially create Skynet's core programming? Or it's his Russian friend (prime suspect) or perhaps some third part that either (A) Knows about the future and is trying to either prevent it/alter it to their advantage or (B) is just interested in acquiring advanced AI at all cost (Cyberdyne lives? US military?)

Here's a crazy thought, what if delaying judgement day means that in the future there's more than ONE AI running around? Perhaps the other one is on our side or is just "playing chess" with Skynet?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be interesting. Though would it really be on our side or would it just get rid of Skynet so that Skynet isn't cutting in on it's human killing.
Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On a unrelated note - finally, Sarah started working out again! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mars Needs Women:
That would be interesting. Though would it really be on our side or would it just get rid of Skynet so that Skynet isn't cutting in on it's human killing.

As I recall Skynet caused judgement day in an act of self defence (from it's POV) so I'm not sure another AI would have the same goals if it managed to survive on it's own (perhaps in the satellite networks?)

As for who's "side" it might be on, I imagine it would be on know one's side, just following program. Pure speculation but it's possible the Chinese had their own equivalent of skynet in place to take over in the event that the ground command was taken out. So it would really have been this program that launched the retaliatory nukes after Skynet's first strike.
Perhaps it was also programmed with cyber-terrorism/hacking programming to interfere with enemy systems. So in the post JD world it's hacking into Skynet's factories, reprogramming Terminators and sending them into the past using Skynet's own equipment...and so we have our third party.

I doubt that's what they'll do, but still, it's interesting.

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so I just had the most ridiculous idea. Many think that Cameron has some other objectives we don't know about. Obviously she wants to keep John alive. But it's interesting to note that in the opening sequence, Sarah says that Skynet has sent machines into the past, some to kill him, and one to protect him. Obviously there could be just someone miswriting the opening, but assuming it's correct, why in the world would Skynet be protecting John?

What if John is supposed to create Skynet?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well why would Skynet send one machine to protect him, and many others to kill him? Wouldn't that be self-contradictory?
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the open means that some machines have been sent back to kill him, one has been sent back to protect him, but not all by SkyNet. Obviously it's supposed to be a tie in to the openers of the first two movies. Sarah certainly doesn't feel that SkyNet has sent Cameron back. She thinks John did. Whether that's true or not is open for debate.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Josh
Member # 1884

- posted      Profile for Josh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked how last night's episode really dug into the lore of the first film, and the guy who played Kyle did bear a decent resemblance to Michael Biehn.

SPOILERS

Didn't really dig the idea of the machines tying people up and questioning them in a dark room to classical music and then leaving them go. Didn't really seem to tie in with skynet's previous methods. Terminators always grab someone by the throat and kill them.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So perhaps these machines don't work for Skynet. Or maybe they do and Skynet is playing a very deep game.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we don't really know what happened in that room, now do we? Why would they just let everyone go? I think they brainwashed/tagged/did something e-vil to them in order to use them in the future. I thought the use of a 600 series with rubber skin was a nice touch though.

But yes, the tie-ins to the first movie flashbacks were nice, right down to the burned photo.

It seems that TechCon has a decent number of Terminators working for them though. I'm assuming it was TechCon that was hauling the jet engine since a bunch of them were being used to power the time equipment. Not sure how Derrick recognized Cameron as a Terminator when he saw her and yelled "METAL!" He must have seen her model somewhere else before.

Seems Cameron has additional orders. She may just be holding onto the CPU to download info, though.

"Sometimes they go bad. No one knows why."

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All terminators in this new series have been sent by Mojo, that's the prime computation of it.
Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

What?
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M...Mojo?
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
Well, we don't really know what happened in that room, now do we? Why would they just let everyone go? I think they brainwashed/tagged/did something e-vil to them in order to use them in the future. I thought the use of a 600 series with rubber skin was a nice touch though.

But yes, the tie-ins to the first movie flashbacks were nice, right down to the burned photo.

It seems that TechCon has a decent number of Terminators working for them though. I'm assuming it was TechCon that was hauling the jet engine since a bunch of them were being used to power the time equipment. Not sure how Derrick recognized Cameron as a Terminator when he saw her and yelled "METAL!" He must have seen her model somewhere else before.

Seems Cameron has additional orders. She may just be holding onto the CPU to download info, though.

"Sometimes they go bad. No one knows why."

Where was there a 600 series? I didn't spot it.

They do seam to be confusing some details though (or this is the result of the altered timeline.)
For instance, the rumbling they hear is attributed to "centaurs" which sound like an unused concept from T2 called a "centurion" (basically a scaled down HK with 4 legs) but the noise itself suggested large tracks, which means they were large HKs. They might be juggling the jargon around a bit so laymen don't get confused when the tanks and flying machines are both called Hunter Killers.
Also, the attack on the bunker which happens off screen here is presumably supposed to be the same one Kyle described to Sarah (hence the burned photo.) However here it's said Kyle was gone before it happened, though we know he was right down the hall when the first infiltrator got in.

The battle of Topanga Canyon is also presumably the one we saw at the beginning of T2 and seams consistent with James Camerons original draft (which is much more elaborate than what we saw) though obviously there was no mention of them hijacking a load of T-800s and the Time displacement tech before scarpering.

As for the interrogation sequence, it depends on what Skynet was after. The brainwashing idea is possible, as it would get around the dogs, but I imagine it's unreliable and would require a trigger of some sort. More likely it's a straight forward interrogation for information, remember that Skynet is loosing the war at this point and brute force alone isn't working (hence the terminators to begin with) so I don't see why a Terminator can't be programmed for torture and interrogation.

As for how Derek knew Cameron was a Terminator, I imagine that will be revealed in a flashback yet to come!

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Kyle was there when the first infiltrator got in, but he may have gotten out before the full on fight.

The 600 Series was the terminator guarding the humans in the house and taking them up and down the stairs. At least that's what I thought. You got a close up of his hand a couple of times and it looked very fake like a prosthetic. His face looked like Leatherface too.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps