Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » General Sci-Fi » Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles ($$)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the dialogue was rather painful at times and I'm sorry to say it, but Katee Sackhoff make for a very irritating antagonist. Not so much her fault, just again with the blatantly lazy writing.

While SCC hasn't exactly been television GOLD, it's done enough in only this handful of episodes to keep me interested and wanting more, so I'd rather see it get renewed than BW. If nothing else I'd feel sorry for Summer Glau if it doesn't get picked up, poor girl would think she has the TV touch of death after two shows cancelled so early on.

Having said all that I gather Fox has been marketing the show quite heavily, so I'm not TOO worried yet.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not gold? This is the best show I've seen since early Galactica.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, but that's more to do with the general poor quality of TV shows in the last few years. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, just acknowledging it's had the odd stumble in it's short life.
I wouldn't quite put it up there with the likes of Firefly, for example, but it's still quite above average. At least in terms of instant appeal.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's also got a good backstory to draw from. There are interesting plot lines to draw from and develop that don't need alot of set-up.

Nothing will ever be as instantly and continually awesome as Firefly. It was quite simply one of the best shows ever.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which...

The first of the new Serenity comics, Better Days, comes out on Wednesday. It's about when a job actually goes right for them for once & how they can't really cope with it. Anyway, it's 3 issues like Those Left Behind. I found the covers for all 3 (done by Adam Hughes) combined them into a big picture:

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can see the original picture on Adam Hughes' website, www.justsayah.com

Dang, Inara's hot.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we shall call this land ... 'this land'

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well I think we should call it your grave.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Ah! Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

...getting back on topic. Did anyone else love the Johnny Cash song? Very sneaky (and effective) way for them to save money by replacing what would normally be a quick cut filled action sequence with a bunch of stuntmen jumping into a swimming pool. In an odd way it reminded me of "Severed Dreams" from B5; the bit where they dialled down the sound effects and dialogue and just played it off the music and images.
Not often you see that kind of artistic restraint used in TV today.

Small point, but Mr FBI bloke isn't too clever only bringing a Swat Team, that is assuming the West Highland Police Station incident is in Sarah's file and assuming he could put two and two together as to who/what the heavily armed killing machine on the security footage really was...and then there was the incident with the minigun.

--------------------

shikaru808
T-t-t-t-today, JUNIOR!
Member # 2080

- posted      Profile for shikaru808     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His tactical open poolside reloading wasn't too bright either.

--------------------
"Its coming on. I just saw the wall move..."

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He obviously hasn't made the connection to the T1 and T2 sprees yet in his investigation.

I really felt sorry for him, standing there at the poolside helpless, having gotten all those people and the FBI-woman killed. It seemed the terminator fought them hand-to-hand too, very gruesome. In the beginning of the series Ellison irritated me but now, after the Silberman treatment and this, he really feels like the Job of the series.

I thought "The Man Comes Around" was perfect because of how it detached the viewer from the technicalities of the raid. We didn't need to see how the police fought, they would die anyway.

Yes, I too thought of "The lynching of Lord Refa".

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

I think the Refa lynching was in "and the rock cried out no hiding place" not Severed Dreams, but yes, the technique was quite similar.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

I still have trouble getting past the actor they've got playing Cromartie. He's not big and bad enough to be a terminator. Not nearly as big as the guy who played him before the time bubble. He looks like a little guy now. His performance is good. Very cold, very detatched. I just don't like his look.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

Keep in mind that originally James Cameron envisioned the Terminator looking like any "normal" person, in fact I think Lance Hendrikson originally had the part. Of course since Arnie is the first Termie we ever saw there's this (perhaps subconscious) expectation that they're all big huge hulking machines. The reality is that anything expecting to infiltrate a bunker full of starving lice infested survivors shouldn't look anywhere near as well fed and healthy. I suppose the in-universe logic would be that as a T-800/101 he's one of if not the first of the 800's and it was the later models that started looking leaner and less Mr Universe material.

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps