Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » STAR TREK LIVES! (Page 7)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: STAR TREK LIVES!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a thought the otherday - Spock's role on Romulus was left open-ended - he may take a look at that?
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't Nimoy retired?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Retired" just means "wants waaay more money".
He did those Priceline commercials after all.

I think he gave up the movie biz mostly to stay close to his family (IIRC).

Not that I think anyone wants to see more Romulan anything for a long long while.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A final chapter for Spock would be awesome however - something that actually brings his efforts to bridge his "halves" to a close.

I'd actually like to see a cerebral trek story again, but I don't think it will ever happen.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thing is Nemesis was more a Reman/Human crazy clone movie not a Romulan movie.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Toadkiller:
A final chapter for Spock would be awesome however - something that actually brings his efforts to bridge his "halves" to a close.

I'd actually like to see a cerebral trek story again, but I don't think it will ever happen.

No Trek movie has ever, in any way, been "cerebral".

While I agree that the the resolution of Spock's work would be nice, it would also eliminate the Romulans as baddies (and trek has a derth of intresting villans).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TMP was cerebral.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
"Retired" just means "wants waaay more money".
He did those Priceline commercials after all.

I think he gave up the movie biz mostly to stay close to his family (IIRC).

Not that I think anyone wants to see more Romulan anything for a long long while.

Well, a commercial isn't exactly a difficult or some consuming role. A simple one can be shoot in an afternoon.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His line "...they may yet live" makes me wonder if he'll be giving Shatner a bell. Considering that Kirk's dead and all.

Considering the track record of the bloke, I think whatever it is it's going to be original and not what the fans want. Which is good because lets be honest, most of the fan suggestions I've seen would make terrible movies that only 3 people on the planet would enjoy.
Not sure how good an idea it would be to bring back Nimoy & or Shatner in the absence of DeForest, I think it would seam wrong somehow.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do British people really spell seem with an "a"?

Weirdos.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, we don't.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only when we're being dyslexic or distracted by all the tea and crumpets what-what!

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
TMP was cerebral.

But not their movies.
As close as they got with that was Insurrection, and not many people liked that.

Mainly for the poor humor, IMHO- I cringed at the singing scene, the "giant zit" routine and the woefully bad "flotation device" idiocy...
And the Joystick.

Who in their right motherfucking mind though that was a good idea?!?

But I've over-illustrated my point- it was a deep plotline with lots of slapstick garbage distracting from the story.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheerio, pip-pip, and Bob's your uncle, and all that... [Wink]

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

...and Jane's your aunt.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  14  15   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps