Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers] (Page 8)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: $$ As the Tech In the Hourglass... ["Zero Hour" Spoilers]
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, yeah, by the way - another number that's screwed up: seven humans on Degra's ship? Count'em. . .

Archer
Reed
Sato
Forbes (MACO)
Woods (MACO)
Romero (MACO)

That's six. Then Forbes gets the chop, and Archer stays behind, and he tells the four of them to get back to the ship.

So was Daniels sneaking around on Degra's ship when the Xindi scanned it? Or is this just another screwup like (we assume, for now) the 2152 date was?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Were there no nondescript Starfleet crew aboard?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None were mentioned, not that that means anything. But all the dialogue in this and the previous ep seggested that it was just going to be Archer, Reed, Sato and the three MACOs - not even a medic to look after Sato, that was Reed's job.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ayre
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for Ayre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something I feel I should bring up. I was watching the end sequence, pausing to get a good look at everything. The decals on the fighters are different, they say "AS" next to the USAF symbol, not US. I'm thinking we're in an alternate timeline. Speculation on my part, I think instead of the United States, we've got the Allied States, or something similar, and in this timeline, the Nazi made contact with a(n) alien race(s), or vice versa.

--------------------
Wit is educated insolence

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm no expert, but I googled for some Mustang images and none of them has letters "US" next to USAF symbol.

So I think that this doesn't mean anything - those letters are merely a squadron designation or smth.

Here's the nice article about various camouflages and markings for P-51 Mustang.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fuselage codes--in this case it looks like "IAS"--aren't acronyms, but rather are for squadron identification. I don't know where IAS would belong, though.

[ May 29, 2004, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: deadcujo ]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In other news, Rick Sternbach started a thread at TrekBBS about re-use of his MIDAS design [Cool]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Ayre
Member # 1218

- posted      Profile for Ayre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And in two posts, we see why biologists shouldn't pretend to be historians [Razz] I wasn't aware of the fuselage codes, but nice work in shredding my theory. Now I've got to try and grapple with the idea that Enterprise might really be in the universe we know and love, and that's a more painful thought to bear...

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now imagine if Enterprise was cancelled and "Zero Hour" was all we were left with.

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"So instead of hacking on everyone elses theories, lets hear yours...."

I don't have any theory. I could come up with any number of explanations (most of which have already been mentioned), but there's no reason to think any one is particularly more likely than the others without more information.

And I don't know who this "everyone else" is, or what "theories" I was "hacking on". I was responding to your sudden declaration that Archer was "definately" in the 1940s, when you really have no information that proves all the other suggestions are impossible.

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by deadcujo:
Now imagine if Enterprise was cancelled and "Zero Hour" was all we were left with.

Maybe they gave us a cliffhanger in case it was cancled so that we'd complain to UPN or something
Ayre
Member # 1218

I can think of worse endings for cancellation than having an unexplicable time shift / alternate time line / rewriting of the universe as we know it, with blue alien (or perhaps they'll just say he was "battle-scarred") Nazi's in an undisclosed, assumed-earth location while 22nd century equipment is unable to make differentiation between a circa 1940 aircraft and a starfleet craft.

Oh wait now. No. I can't. Comment withdrawn

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
perhaps he didn't check to see WHAT kind of craft were approaching
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of worse endings for cancellation than having an unexplicable time shift / alternate time line / rewriting of the universe as we know it, with blue alien (or perhaps they'll just say he was "battle-scarred") Nazi's in an undisclosed, assumed-earth location while 22nd century equipment is unable to make differentiation between a circa 1940 aircraft and a starfleet craft.

Oh wait now. No. I can't. Comment withdrawn

You obviously didn't watch Farscape.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Ayre
Member # 1218

Warning: side note. Actually, I've seen a bit of Farscape, but it comes on at such an awkward time here that it's hard to catch consistantly. I'm getting bounced around episodes a lot, it's making it hard to follow. End side note.

As for checking to see what craft were approaching, that's plausible, but I would imagine there'd be at least some kind of IFF signal from starfleet ship to ship.

On another side note, we should be able to make a general idea of how fast your average shuttle moves through the atmosphere by comparing how fast the planes and the shuttle parted, assuming full throtle for the plane.

--------------------

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  17  18  19   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps